The Murika Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Even after the facts have all been released and the shooting ruled justified, MSNBC is still getting around saying Jacob Blake was unarmed, despite Jacob Blake himself even confirming he was armed LOL

It depends on your definition of "armed". Being armed technically means that you're brandishing a weapon. It doesn't mean every person who has a knife is armed especially if there's no intent to use it as a weapon. And he clearly didn't attempt to use it as a weapon.

He made no attempt to stab the officer and he was opening his car door when he was shot in the back. The courts found that the officer was defending himself from an imminent knife attack when they shot him in the back.

I don't know how anyone could come to that conclusion. It would have made more sense if the officer said, "he had a knife and I thought he was going for a gun in the car"

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It depends on your definition of "armed". Being armed technically means that you're brandishing a weapon. It doesn't mean every person who has a knife is armed especially if there's no intent to use it as a weapon. And he clearly didn't attempt to use it as a weapon.

He made no attempt to stab the officer and he was opening his car door when he was shot in the back. The courts found that the officer was defending himself from an imminent knife attack when they shot him in the back.

I don't know how anyone could come to that conclusion. It would have made more sense if the officer said, "he had a knife and I thought he was going for a gun in the car"
There is a reason there are far fewer people putting any trust in scientists these days and you are part of that reason.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This has not aged well.

But in fairness to you, the following people also lied at the time about Jacob Blake being unarmed.

His own family - https://www.the-sun.com/news/1359324/jake-blake-family-shooting-police-kenosha-wisconsin/
His lawyers -
CNN - https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/08/24/wisconsin-police-shooting-dnt-lead-vpx.cnn
Wash Post - https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...isplayed-full-range-black-americans-emotions/
Buzzfeed - https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/skbaer/wnba-protest-jacob-blake
WNBA cancelled games lol - https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/skbaer/wnba-protest-jacob-blake

Despite the shooting being entirely justified, the usual BLM suspects turned up and caused up to $50m of property damage, deaths of 2, injuries to emergency services

Lebron James made his usual appearance and pretended that another criminal getting shot was somehow ‘racist’

KENNEL FACT CHECKING DEPARTMENT

This post is written by a racist, fascist sympathiser who regularly lies. Having examined the content of this post, we can determine that this is a lie.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Even after the facts have all been released and the shooting ruled justified, MSNBC is still getting around saying Jacob Blake was unarmed, despite Jacob Blake himself even confirming he was armed LOL

This post is written by a racist, fascist sympathiser who regularly lies. Having examined the content of this post, we can determine that this is a lie.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a reason there are far fewer people putting any trust in scientists these days and you are part of that reason.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Weak insult dude, and weak trolling.
It wasn’t meant as an insult and I’m not trolling.

I meant it. Science is an incredibly important institution in western society. Which is why it’s so awful what has been happening to the scientific institution.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You owe me a coke. The shooting was ruled to be justified.
Yeah right, he dropped a knife, picked it up, turned his back, walked away, got onto his car and it’s only once he was inside and in front of his kids that he decided to turn and try to stab him. Sounds like an odd decision to be.,hopefully Blake will have better luck in the civil court. I mean, hey.... he’s entitled to all avenues that are open to him, just like Trumpy....right?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah right, he dropped a knife, picked it up, turned his back, walked away, got onto his car and it’s only once he was inside and in front of his kids that he decided to turn and try to stab him. Sounds like an odd decision to be.,hopefully Blake will have better luck in the civil court. I mean, hey.... he’s entitled to all avenues that are open to him, just like Trumpy....right?
You’re a real man of your word aren’t you.

Not surprised.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You’re a real man of your word aren’t you.

Not surprised.
Just pointing out that there are still processes available to Blake... but sure, if you are too impatient to wait for sll avenues to be exhausted, I will leave your coke in the second stall of the men’s public toilet at Umina Beach on Monday week. You can pick it up any time after Jan 25.

#manofmyword

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It wasn’t meant as an insult and I’m not trolling.

I meant it. Science is an incredibly important institution in western society. Which is why it’s so awful what has been happening to the scientific institution.
I agree. It's awful that scientifically illiterate people keep attacking the scientific experts and telling them that they're either corrupt or just stupid.

But what can you expect to get from conspiracy theorists.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I agree. It's awful that scientifically illiterate people keep attacking the scientific experts and telling them that they're either corrupt or just stupid.

But what can you expect to get from conspiracy theorists.
I suppose you still believe the ‘science on lockdowns’ lol

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I don't "believe" in anything. I follow what the current research says.
Then you’d be aware of the current research which concluded that:

there is "no clear, significant beneficial effect of [more restrictive measures] on case growth in any country."

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I don't "believe" in anything. I follow what the current research says.
A new study (peer reviewed) evaluating COVID-19 responses around the world found that mandatory lockdown orders early in the pandemic did not provide significantly more benefits to slowing the spread of the disease than other voluntary measures, such as social distancing or travel reduction.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Then you’d be aware of the current research which concluded that:

there is "no clear, significant beneficial effect of [more restrictive measures] on case growth in any country."
Yep. I'm aware of the research out of Stamford. And it lines up with a lot of the advice from the WHO which was "only use strict lockdown restrictions as a last resort and only as a temporary measure"

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Yep. I'm aware of the research out of Stamford. And it lines up with a lot of the advice from the WHO which was "only use strict lockdown restrictions as a last resort and only as a temporary measure"
so we must always listen to ‘authoritative sources’ even though they are regularly wrong.
Lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
so we must always listen to ‘authoritative sources’ even though they are regularly wrong.
Lol

Nope. We must listen to the current advice if it's based on current research.

Also...

No, the WHO didn’t change its lockdowns stance or ‘admit’ Trump was right
  • President Donald Trump’s statement was based on a short video clip of an interview with Dr. David Nabarro, a special envoy to the World Health Organization. The clip didn’t include the full context of Nabarro’s comments.
  • The WHO has consistently stated throughout the course of the pandemic that lockdowns should be employed only when COVID-19 cases are high, to give governments and health systems time to reorganize efforts. They should not be the primary strategy to combat COVID-19 transmission.
  • The WHO has acknowledged since the spring that lockdowns have economic consequences for localities and nations.