The Murika Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe and @Indiandog

Would like your thoughts on the "bridge attack".

I'm no demolition expert but did it fall "naturally"? It just looked weird the way it collapsed.
I honestly haven't looked too deep into it, but the official story made sense to me. It's a huge vessel that would decimate a small country. A bridge wouldn't stand a chance.

It reminds me of the issue they had with ships tipping. An idiot politician said, "they won't tip if you add one tonne of concrete to balance the ship out"

Those ships carry up to 400,000 tonnes. Try to imagine how much weight that is. All floating on water. When all that weight moves, nothing will ever stop it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I honestly haven't looked too deep into it, but the official story made sense to me. It's a huge vessel that would decimate a small country. A bridge wouldn't stand a chance.

It reminds me of the issue they had with ships tipping. An idiot politician said, "they won't tip if you add one tonne of concrete to balance the ship out"

Those ships carry up to 400,000 tonnes. Try to imagine how much weight that is. All floating on water. When all that weight moves, nothing will ever stop it.
They reckon it was a cyber attack. The ship looses power twice then you can see it fully accelerate (smoke pouring out of chimney).

If you get to watch the clip properly, you can see the captain tries to pull away last millisecond.

Apparently that's the biggest port on the east coast and that bridge was on a major highway, so it crippled them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They reckon it was a cyber attack. The ship looses power twice then you can see it fully accelerate (smoke pouring out of chimney).

If you get to watch the clip properly, you can see the captain tries to pull away last millisecond.

Apparently that's the biggest port on the east coast and that bridge was on a major highway, so it crippled them.
The report I heard was that they had bad fuel which cause the engines to cut power and it started to drift, then the dropped the anchor and called a mayday which is the only reason many more didn't die.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fkn lol there are 2 critical mins missing from the ships black box...

People actually believe this bullshit?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fkn lol there are 2 critical mins missing from the ships black box...

People actually believe this bullshit?
They lost 2 minutes of sensor data, which is a bit simplistic and wouldn't tell you much any way. It wasn't critical. They lost it because the ship lost power. Hard to get system commands and sensor data when a system is off line. It's like saying that someone's browser history is missing for a few minutes while their computer is turned off.

But the audio kept recording the whole time.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They lost 2 minutes of sensor data, which is a bit simplistic and wouldn't tell you much any way. It wasn't critical. They lost it because the ship lost power. Hard to get system commands and sensor data when a system is off line. It's like saying that someone's browser history is missing for a few minutes while their computer is turned off.

But the audio kept recording the whole time.
I thought all black boxes have a direct power source?

PS what did that Buttplug guy mean about the bridge being racist?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought all black boxes have a direct power source?

PS what did that Buttplug guy mean about the bridge being racist?
Black boxes usually run off a separate power source. But they are designed to take in different forms of data. Audio, and sensor being the primary ones. Sensor data comes from the ship systems. If the ship loses power then the black box keeps running, but it's not getting any sensor data because the ship isn't doing any thing.

Not sure about the racist part. Missed that.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Black boxes usually run off a separate power source. But they are designed to take in different forms of data. Audio, and sensor being the primary ones. Sensor data comes from the ship systems. If the ship loses power then the black box keeps running, but it's not getting any sensor data because the ship isn't doing any thing.

Not sure about the racist part. Missed that.
Disregard the Buttplug guy, it was from 2021.

Don't know how fake Reuters are tbh