The most boring round in NRL history

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you will find most people are in agreement with you. It has become just like touch footy and the refs are having a big influence on results. Hubby spent the weekend away with mates watching the games at a club and he said that most he spoke to, who supported various clubs, agreed that the footy is becoming a joke and that if not for their support of their own team they would not contemplate watching it. Games are being engineered and certain teams are gaining massive advantages. Lots of jeers and Bronx cheers at some of the decisions made.

Vlandys can justify his decisions all he likes, but if he is not careful he will find that numbers of those supporting NRL will start to drop and continue to drop. I see that the NRL was over the moon at the overall attendance this weekend but the numbers are high simply because fans of all clubs had no choice but to be at Suncorp and three games were being offered on two of the days, two on the other. Would have picked up interstate members of all clubs who would not normally attend their clubs games due to travel etc. and having three QLD clubs in the one place means easier access for those in that state to support their sides. I am thinking that those that got a three day pass will have been counted one each day as attending and the number of tickets sold will have been the guide to the attendances.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you will find most people are in agreement with you. It has become just like touch footy and the refs are having a big influence on results. Hubby spent the weekend away with mates watching the games at a club and he said that most he spoke to, who supported various clubs, agreed that the footy is becoming a joke and that if not for their support of their own team they would not contemplate watching it. Games are being engineered and certain teams are gaining massive advantages. Lots of jeers and Bronx cheers at some of the decisions made.

Vlandys can justify his decisions all he likes, but if he is not careful he will find that numbers of those supporting NRL will start to drop and continue to drop. I see that the NRL was over the moon at the overall attendance this weekend but the numbers are high simply because fans of all clubs had no choice but to be at Suncorp and three games were being offered on two of the days, two on the other. Would have picked up interstate members of all clubs who would not normally attend their clubs games due to travel etc. and having three QLD clubs in the one place means easier access for those in that state to support their sides. I am thinking that those that got a three day pass will have been counted one each day as attending and the number of tickets sold will have been the guide to the attendances.
Yep you are 100% correct. This was a horrible advertisement for our game on one of the most exciting rounds of the year. This isn't the game I grew up watching and loving.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep you are 100% correct. This was a horrible advertisement for our game on one of the most exciting rounds of the year. This isn't the game I grew up watching and loving.
Those add campaigns of the past Simply the Best and That's my Team are but a memory......it is truly difficult to find much positive talk about the game these days unless your team is one of the few that are putting cricket scores on others.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went on Saturday only to see the Bulldogs and only because I had a free ticket

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was a boring white wash. Unjustified , stop start messy affair.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
can vlandys just fuck off and go destroy another sport, the megalomaniac should link up with Rae rae in rugby union

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Only one game finished within 10 points. On top of the farcical sin bins. This was the worst round of Rugby League I've ever watched. The referees have way too much influence on the game.
It’s official, the NRL have finally killed the game! So typical of Gerrard Sutton to start the farce on Friday evening with two sin bins that didn’t even warrant penalties! I cant watch this sport die anymore.