News The Mole: 'Massive' rival offer poised to lure $800k Bulldogs star away from Belmore

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are in danger of losing star Englishman Luke Thompson for next season.

Thompson has been sorely missed by the club in the early rounds, sidelined with a serious foot injury suffered at training in February.

But the 27-year-old remains a key figure at Belmore and is expected to be back on the park in a month or so.

Thompson comes off contract at the end of the season and has received a massive four-year deal from the rich Wigan club.

It's money the Bulldogs can't match - despite Thompson's current contract being worth $800,000 a season - so ultimately it will come down to whether he wants to stay in Australia for the lifestyle or return home to take up a deal that will secure his future long-term.

Complicating the situation is that Thompson has two managers - one in the UK and one in Sydney.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he contracted next year ? Honestly I can’t see us resigning him at that money…. But we need another 2 props which we could probable get with his money

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d take the money and run if I were him. As for him staying at the Dogs, depending how he comes back from injury, and depending who else is available to sign, he might get offered a 1-2yr deal to stay. But I’d imagine it will be half that amount. If he agreed to stay for $400k, I’d keep.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
target ben hunt if griffin gets the chop. Know he is contracted but Hunt is a big griffin supporter and is already making noises that he would not be happy under a new coach. Short term fix for a year or two then gives as a chance to sign or develop someone else.