News The Mole: Bulldogs poach young star from St George Illawarra Dragons

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’d think if all goes well and this kid remains injury free he might be ready in 2021 which should coincide with some of the deadwood around the place being shipped out.

So with some smarts and recruitment we should have a solid 20-25 man squad with mixture of youth and stars.

Also I wonder who those 3 other 15 year olds we poached are. We still need a decent half and hooker. And one more young second rower wouldn’t hurt. Wonder what vision the club has with its junior acquisitions.

But when ever we have success in u15 u18 and u21 we generally have success at nrl level as they start to trickle through. And that was something Hasler never focused on. So good to see us doing it right instead of moneyballing a intrust player into a superstar.

Patience is key when the club has been in such a salary cap mess.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha. Surely he has to be fired over the offseason. They have way too much talent to struggle the way they do every season. It feels like Mary has been there six or seven years which is way too long considering how bad he's been. But I agree, I hope he stays there as well!
Hahaha, you have to laugh right?
At the beginning of the year (Before the JDB saga), I looked at their squad and had them in the top 4, possibly pushing for a GF berth.
They have a monster forward pack and a very talented spine.
Its hard to fuck that up, but they have somehow.

My little cousin is best mates with this kid, he is an absolute beast!!! He didn’t want to tell me that he had signed... I was filthy hahaha, I guess it was worth the surprise...

Two quick facts: he grew up a dogs supporter and superb goal kicker!

Wow we have the two best up and coming centres in the game Averillo and schoupp

Great day gets even better holland being shipped to England
Nasheed will need counselling.

View attachment 11062

Welcome to the club Aaron.
What a legend, I like him already!

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo has talent. But hes small and is hardly an improvement on Holland.
We need robust centres.
Averillo is 18, of course he’s small... he has better promise then Harper... and yes he is a better player then holland... lol, anyone is better then holland

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to see Newcastle debut a 18 year old centre this week in Bradman Best who has been rep team mates with Schoupp and Averillo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed, if he wants to come to the Bulldogs and join the rebuild with better times ahead, all well and good. If he wants to use use as a bargaining chip to up his price, or force us to pay overs, pull the rug out from under him and move on. We're building nicely, no need for panic buys...
Yh I wouldn't say no to him at a good price, just don't think he's the type of player we really need. Like I said before, I think we really need some genuine pace and footwork in the backline because we don't have a whole lot of it right now.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to see Newcastle debut a 18 year old centre this week in Bradman Best who has been rep team mates with Schoupp and Averillo.
its not out of the question to debut a 18 year old, it just depends if they have grown into their body yet . inglis, folau debut around 17/18, more recently xerri .

we seem to be a club that is reluctant to run with youth in first grade, generally speaking.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
its not out of the question to debut a 18 year old, it just depends if they have grown into their body yet . inglis, folau debut around 17/18, more recently xerri .

we seem to be a club that is reluctant to run with youth in first grade, generally speaking.
I don't think we have really had that many 18 year olds good enough for NRL for a long time. Due to the state of our juniors a lot of average players were getting hyped up.

Wakeham is the youngest we have debuted in a while so hopefully it's a change in the clubs thinking.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think we have really had that many 18 year olds good enough for NRL for a long time. Due to the state of our juniors a lot of average players were getting hyped up.

Wakeham is the youngest we have debuted in a while so hopefully it's a change in the clubs thinking.
Alamoti looks very promising .. surely hes a chance at 18 if he continues on his current path..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alamoti looks very promising .. surely hes a chance at 18 if he continues on his current path..
He certainly does hopefully he gets a run in Flegg next year.

Even Averillo and Matt Doorey playing CCup this year is encouraging.

dinga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To those more in the know - is it worth giving Reimis Smith a run in the centres? Would be more of a threat skill/pace/size wise surely? Seems wasted on the wing.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To those more in the know - is it worth giving Reimis Smith a run in the centres? Would be more of a threat skill/pace/size wise surely? Seems wasted on the wing.
He got a bit of a run in the centers albeit on the wrong side of the field but imo seems like weakening a strength, he's the best winger at the club.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score