News The Mole: Bulldogs forward Raymond Faitala-Mariner's career in doubt after injury setback

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time to go, even though he runs sideways to avoid contact he is always injured. A soft player who is not up to Nrl standard. We need to get rid of these types of player because they have dominated our cap during the last 5 years.
73 matches is 4.5 years prior to this one. 16 games per season isn't bad.

Last edited:

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets just wait and see for fark sake. If he returns to playing in CC sometime in April and eventually earns a spot on our bench he could make a great point of difference for our team either on an edge or in the middle. In the mean time as long as we don't have too many injuries/suspensions we can cover for him. What happens from there is up to him. I don't see the club resigning him beyond 2022 if he sustains another serious injury. Maybe they wont even if he doesn't. But I dont see much upside in him being medically retired now even if we could - who would you replace him with now even if you had his money to spend?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there an insurance underwriter or is the NRL self insured?
There is "workers compensation insurance" for players plus there is separate "medical insurance" but they are blanket style, not personal. Both are insured through the NRL's brokers, which was Gallagher last time I checked. For personal protection most players have private Health Insurance and Income Protection Insurance

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree
Some of the comments here are juvenile.
The guy is a big body, runs great lines and looks to offload.
Has had trouble with a beaten pack the last couple of years but with next years recruits he could show his real worth.

Can some of you boofheads see what may happen next year with the whole team when we may have go forward and spark from the halves?
Avvo will go better too with extra grunt up front

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
73 matches is 4.5 years prior to this one. 16 games per season isn't bad.
I believe it’s 75 over 5.5yrs (averages around 13.5 games per season). He joined mid season 2016 from his bio. By those numbers, he plays half a season every year.

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How much mo way is the fella on? How much do we save if he is retired
i do like him when fit one of our best forwards

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree
Some of the comments here are juvenile.
The guy is a big body, runs great lines and looks to offload.
Has had trouble with a beaten pack the last couple of years but with next years recruits he could show his real worth.

Can some of you boofheads see what may happen next year with the whole team when we may have go forward and spark from the halves?
110% with you, the moronic non-performing experts who know sweet F/A about coaching and have probably never played the game beyond juniors if at all need to grow up, shut up, or find a big plastic bag and go and play spaceman..!

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fully fit I don;t think he would be in our starting 13 but he would be the next player on the edge. I would have TPJ and Hetherington playing an edge and Jacko at lock. No doubt TPJ and/or Hetherington will spend some time out suspended so he will get his chance.

Don't know what the plan is for edge rotation during the game. TPJ when he has been playing on an edge for Broncos he is generally been on for 80 and I think Hetherington will be able to last 80 on an edge, he did in the last game. RFM may find himself in the middle off the bench.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe it’s 75 over 5.5yrs (averages around 13.5 games per season). He joined mid season 2016 from his bio. By those numbers, he plays half a season every year.
As I said "73 matches is 4.5 years prior to this one." 16 games per season isn't bad. Also don't forget there were a few games in reserves too so he wasn't injured all of the time.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As I said "73 matches is 4.5 years prior to this one." 16 games per season isn't bad. Also don't forget there were a few games in reserves too so he wasn't injured all of the time.
Yeah fair call mate, I didn’t see ‘prior to this one’ when I commented. Either way, I am a fan of RFM and happy to see him remain at the club for the remainder of his contract if able to play again

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I definitely would not be chasing Kikau if the reported asking price of $900k is remotely true.
I really doubt any forward is worth $900k, particularly as a big majority of them can't play 80 minutes.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kikau’s season has been down on the last few years. I believe he will go to north qld or the new franchise. He isn’t worth $900k and the panthers know it and they are sugar coating ‘playing hardball’ with his manager

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
RFM showed he can be a very good edge forward when he played outside Foran. I assume injury free he would do the same outside Burton.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not his fault clearly but effectively 18 months plus on the books and just 2 games, i can't even remember anymore if he is any good?

Also, sure as shit the 6 months will be 7......
Im amazed he is still at the club.
He is a fair player when fit at best so sorry RFM, time to leave the building big fella