News The Mole: Bulldogs forward Raymond Faitala-Mariner's career in doubt after injury setback

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rfm had an offer to join the dragons 2 years ago we should’ve let him go then,to many injuries,best we retire him,and offer him a job somewhere else.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wrap it up Ray... Retire, take the pay out then ressurect your career in the ESL like old Inglis boy did.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he medically retires it could free up to 500K. With left overs from sacking Elliott (and buying Asiata) it would be enough to spend on Cheese or if not Kikau for 2023. If we're not getting Pearce or Cheese I'd go Kikau - big upgrade on RFM and big increase in the size of our pack.

For 2022 Hetherington could be a good edge, so could Thompson (both have good leg speed)

Vaughan
Cook
Thompson
TPJ
Kikau
Jackson
I definitely would not be chasing Kikau if the reported asking price of $900k is remotely true.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What are you people talking about? He was our best player last year and our top try scorer. Terribly short memories around here.
Top try scorer with 6 tries the whole year lol. I think most people have tried to bury the last few seasons in the back of their minds and I don’t blame them

UpDaDoggies1935

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs forward Raymond Faitala-Mariner's career is in the balance after he underwent a bone graft on his foot.

The barnstorming forward had surgery earlier in the year but the injury did not heal properly.

The bone graft is a major surgery and there is a 20 per cent chance that Faitala-Mariner, who managed just two games for the club this season due to the injury, could be forced to hang up the boots.

"It is a possibility but we are hopeful it won't come to that," Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould told Wide World of Sports.

"If things go to plan, he will be running in three months and able to play in six months.

"It's too early to tell what will happen."

The Bulldogs today signed former Cowboys and Broncos forward John Asiata, as Wide World of Sports reported several weeks ago.

Noooooooo

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Average at best when on the field

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would have to work free for the first year , then 50% of his nominal salary for year 2
Surely Uncle Arthur can give him a 300k p/ year job pulling beer or standing on a door to help the situation?!

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to go, even though he runs sideways to avoid contact he is always injured. A soft player who is not up to Nrl standard. We need to get rid of these types of player because they have dominated our cap during the last 5 years.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah he's far from deadwood, damaging runner and as long as he recovers well he'll improve with better players around him
Agree
Some of the comments here are juvenile.
The guy is a big body, runs great lines and looks to offload.
Has had trouble with a beaten pack the last couple of years but with next years recruits he could show his real worth.

Can some of you boofheads see what may happen next year with the whole team when we may have go forward and spark from the halves?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Man he’d be fucked mentally. I’m calling it though … he’ll be lining up for us Rd 1.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Completely agree he’s been a good player for us (in a shit show for years) though he’s a complete liability with injuries sadly.

I don’t wish medical retirement on anyone though if he can’t get this right it could be our only option for the coming year as there’s 0 chance he’s getting another deal if he can’t.

Hope the best for him.

While he’s been loyal. So has the club to him.