The Milkman admits to taking a dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/jamal-idris-throws-panthers-teammate-jamie-soward-under-the-bus-over-infamous-diving-incident/story-fni3gfvk-1227068270833

Jamal Idris throws Panthers teammate Jamie Soward under the bus over infamous diving incident

IT was the moment the Bulldog army declared war on Jamie Soward and the they haven’t stopped peppering him verbal bullets ever since.

Playing for St George Illawarra in a top-of-the-table thriller against Canterbury at Kogarah in 2009, Soward was accused of taking a dive to rob the Bulldogs of a matchwinning try after the siren.

The result proved the difference for that season’s minor premiership — a consequence Bulldogs fans simply refuse to forget.

Soward has always denied any gamesmanship, but yesterday Panthers team mate Jamal Idris — who was the Bulldogs player called back five years ago — told a different story.

“He came up to me after the game and apologised for it,” Idris said.

“He said, ‘You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do’. It was literally straight after the game.

“I just looked at him — I don’t really hold grudges — and I just said, ‘fair enough’. If the shoe was on the other foot I would probably be happy.”

Five years later Soward can still feel the hate from the blue and white brigade, which will be in full voice for Saturday night’s qualifying final at ANZ Stadium.

Asked how Canterbury fans ranked on the hate scale, Soward replied: “Number one, number two, number three and number four.”

“All fans from the other clubs give it to me, so there’s no real scale. They are a club with such a proud history, so they will have plenty there on Saturday night. But in saying that, we had 6,000 fans travel to Roosters territory two weeks ago and outcheer their supporters.”

Soward was more coy when reminded of the Dragons-Bulldogs game. “Who cares?” he said. “Jamal plays outside me now”.

But according to Idris, you admitted to taking a dive?

“Yes ... four years later,” Soward joked. “I didn’t know at the time. I turned around to chase and that’s all I can remember. I’m not the referee, I don’t make the rules.

“I don’t take dives. I don’t feel like I need to. I’m not into that.”

It’s a different story as far as superstition is concerned, with Soward demanding Idris keep his beard until Penrith’s campaign is over.

“He won’t let me shave it,” Idris said.

“I put it on my Instagram before the Roosters (final) that I was going to shave it, and he came up to me two hours before the match saying, ‘I almost had a heart attack’.

“He reckons that if I shaved it, it would put him off, so I’ve had to throw aside my vanity.”
Dickhead.

I was bloody fuming that night.

I also made the mistake of gleefully texting a St Merge nutter workmate before the video ref came up with that decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Milked harder than farm full of cows...

Such s bullshit call. But takes two to tango. Video ref should have awarded it.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure Jamie, you turned around and chased. Funny because the video shows you backing into Eastwood who was nowhere near where the ball was going.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have to win the g.f. This year there is no other option the thought of
A. Coward holding up the trophy with that smug **** head
B. The wank fest over sbw
C. Souths fans crapping on for the next 50 years how good they are .
It would frigging absolutely hurt me any of the above 3

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
We have to win the g.f. This year there is no other option the thought of
A. Coward holding up the trophy with that smug **** head
B. The wank fest over sbw
C. Souths fans crapping on for the next 50 years how good they are .
It would frigging absolutely hurt me any of the above 3
Well said mate . As infuriating as it is to hear him admit it , that imbisile Steven Clark still disallowed the try , if he allows it we win the minor premiership 2009 .
Oh well Sowie . Payback coming soon mate

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Idris is annoying the **** out of me this week carrying on like such a hero in all these interviews,he loves this shit hopefully we give it to him

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idris is annoying the **** out of me this week carrying on like such a hero in all these interviews,he loves this shit hopefully we give it to him
Panthers just seem arrogant, posing in the papers with stupid photos etc.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Thinking back, if SBW didn't bail when we struggled in 2008 we would have been a major force that year.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Soward the coward! Love how he admits it to someone else then when asked about it he admits it then starts the I can't remember part. Does he really think 6,000 panthers fans will out cheer 6,000 dogs fans let alone 25,000 of them? Gezz they are supplying heaps of ammo to us this week, hope our boys are listening and haven't been put in a bubble.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soward the coward! Love how he admits it to someone else then when asked about it he admits it then starts the I can't remember part. Does he really think 6,000 panthers fans will out cheer 6,000 dogs fans let alone 25,000 of them? Gezz they are supplying heaps of ammo to us this week, hope our boys are listening and haven't been put in a bubble.
Tell me about it!!
All I see is panthers this, panthers that ,fmd like last weeks amazing victory meant shit .They have segeyaro wants to take down graham and idris teasing hasler n shit fmd I truely believe now that we will win cause of there cockiness .Exactly wat happened to us when mason in 06 in the same game against the broncos at halftime said were in the grand final (watta Gronk) revs up the gronkos and smash us in the second half .the same thing will happen to them ,now I'm confident we will humiliate them just wait and see!!

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said mate . As infuriating as it is to hear him admit it , that imbisile Steven Clark still disallowed the try , if he allows it we win the minor premiership 2009 .
Oh well Sowie . Payback coming soon mate
Wasn't it Harrigan in the video ref booth?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Eh, everyone knew it was a dive, it cost us the game and the minor premiership but it's all in the past. Soward has settled down now and is playing good football. Still going to smash him and his Panthers this weekend though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't it Harrigan in the video ref booth?
It was Steven Clark. I remember that after he worked his way back then screwed us on a few more decisions later. He just doesn't like us.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't care whether he admits it or not, we all knew anyway and so did the refs, it was the Dragons party and someone at the NRL didn't want the Bulldogs to win, how blatant can you get?
This is why we always had to score an extra try to cover our arses, NSW is totally rigged and full of corruption.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL at all the people hating on soward. I do not like the guy but if on field and video refs had any idea should have been a try. It is not Sowards fault officials are sh*t.
I am sure when Reynolds did that dramatic backflip whilst being tackled against Manly last year to get the penalty which won us the game nobody was complaining. I know I was not.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care whether he admits it or not, we all knew anyway and so did the refs, it was the Dragons party and someone at the NRL didn't want the Bulldogs to win, how blatant can you get?
This is why we always had to score an extra try to cover our arses, NSW is totally rigged and full of corruption.
JT is that you? I thought you would be in Bali by now.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
He wont need to take a dive on Saturday when Greg Eastwood steam rolls him!

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That c*nts head makes me hate humanity. F*cking bell end.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was Steven Clark. I remember that after he worked his way back then screwed us on a few more decisions later. He just doesn't like us.
Fair enough. I'm sure you're right.

I read an article on this topic the other day that stated it was Harrigan. Then again, the SMH article this morning reviewing Ennis's career at the Dogs started by saying how we'd gone from Wooden Spooners in 2008 to Minor Premiers in 2009. Fact checking, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.