The Melbourne Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christabella

Reaction score
TCBB_Fanatic31 said:
Oh My God.. I am speechless.. What a true champion.. I am proud to say I was able to watch that.. I so thought she wasn't going to make it... but Boss had her lined up perfectly and through the Blur she came through and won... what a true team.. what a dream win...

My Horse may not have won.. But I am estatic to see the Diva win.. Well done.. congrats to all and GO THE DIVA... YOU ARE A TRUE CHAMPION A LEGEND OF AUSTRALIAN FOLKLORE AND OF THE WORLD.. :D :D
If you are proud to have watched it, imagine what it would have been like to be standing on the railing about 150m from the finish line.
Words can not describe what I felt, what I witnessed, I can't believe I was there. I'm keeping my ticket stored nicely along side my 2004 GF ticket so I can long prove I was there to witness that moment in Australian racing history.

On top of that I had backed her, I was so supremely confident of her abilty I took the $50 my nan gave me for my birthday and put it all on her with one of the bookies ... $4.20 :grinning:
On top of that I had a small place bet ($3 for a return of 45) on On a Jeune and when my bf discovered he won the Geelong Cup the Geelong boy had to stick him in an exatca alongside the great mare.

I got some "xcellent" pictures too, when I get home I'll put them online asap.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Christabella said:
On top of that I had backed her, I was so supremely confident of her abilty I took the $50 my nan gave me for my birthday and put it all on her with one of the bookies ... $4.20
you bet with gift money!:o

you gambler!!!, not even i would do that:p

Christabella

Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
you bet with gift money!:o

you gambler!!!, not even i would do that:p
Shows the confidence I have in my gambling ability :p ... besides the line for the ATM was toooooooooooo long.

Status
Not open for further replies.