The Melbourne Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
any tips for the cup on fixed odds betting?

im going to see the market tommorow, but im leaning towards putting money on sir dex

this is my favourite time of the year as a gambler

the time when everyone becomes gamblers for a short while!!!!! :D :D

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
i ussually just get a few tips from a couple of mates on the day then i got for it, last was bad wth Vinnie Roe he was suppose to go well in the wet dam it

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i got maykbe diva last year in my bunch of selections but ended up losing on the day

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
you me too i had very little on m.diva just for fun but my wallet would agree i was very sure about vinnie roe

Christabella

Reaction score
Raikkonen said:
you me too i had very little on m.diva just for fun but my wallet would agree i was very sure about vinnie roe
I had them both ... in a quinella :grinning:
And Makybe the year before, and Media Puzzle the year before, and yep even Ethereal the year before that ... in fact since Jeurne in 1994 I have picked every winner bar one (Brew).

I'm going to the Cup this year ... this year is is the Cup day I have been waiting for since 1994, nope not when I tipped my first winner (that was Tawriffic when I was seven years and one day old) but for the first time in 11 years my birthday is Cup day :D

Let's hope we have the weather I experienced on Cup day at Randwick last year and not that experienced at Flemington.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Christabella said:
I had them both ... in a quinella
And Makybe the year before, and Media Puzzle the year before, and yep even Ethereal the year before that ... in fact since Jeurne in 1994 I have picked every winner bar one (Brew).
so...:rolleyes:....ummm do you....umm
do you have any stand out horse this year?
*grabs notepad* :amazed:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
all im saying is do not expect Diva to get a hat trick

this horse is on drugs if it wins the cup for 3 years in a row

Christabella

Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
so...:rolleyes:....ummm do you....umm
do you have any stand out horse this year?
*grabs notepad* :amazed:
LOL I knew that was coming but I will be flying to Melbourne Monday 31/10 and you will be exceedingly lucky if I have worked out who I am going to tip by the Sunday.

Without knowing a horses form up until Derby Day I don't even try to work out who I am going to tip and after that meeting it usually takes me 1-2 days to decipher it all. :p

Besides if anyone doubts me I still have a photograph of my winning tickets last year.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
fine ill just stick with the drunk at the tab
his never let me down before

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Makybe is the favourite... but expect to see that horse that won the Guineas to give her a run for her money if it wins the cup this week.. what was its name...

Oh yes...El Segundo.... can go as fast as MD and is quicker off the line... well in most races... not the guineas though....

TIP FOR THE FUTURE... Valkerie Diva... Yep this is Makybe Diva's Sis and she is faster and apparently better off the gun... so here is a future Melbourne Cup winner if she can keep form...

I bags buying the next horse from this family at the sales... ;)... I could retire at the age of 25 then... that is in 5 years... LOL... :D :D :D

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
I reckon vinnie roe might have a good chance this year. He has came pretty early this time to get use to the Australian conditions and tracks. I would put an each way on Vinnie Roe and makybe diva and an outside chance by Regal Roller. Regal roller is pretty good at picking up first place's so that would be my Trifecta.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
im not putting money on diva this year

the last 2 years I put money on her to win and ended up pissed off on both years that I didnt have $1000 spare to put on it

so this year betting on diva is a no for me even if she does get a hat trick

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
YOU'RE ALL GAMBLERS!!

:p

Cowboys4life

New Pup
Reaction score
El segundo has a great chance in tomorrow's caufield cup . I might go put some money on that

T

TdoggBulldog

im yet to look at the names to bet... but my grandfather gives me and my bro and sis $50 to bet on the melbourne cup.... beau has asked me to the melbourne cup day here in mackay... so i might go...

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ive got $100 bucks on Sir Dex for the Caulfield

its $14 right now, watch the late money bring it under double figures before start time

Status
Not open for further replies.