The meaning of depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have many hobbies but when your a passionate fan, it it a little depressing to be honest.
I guess we have been so spoilt over the years and we've always been such a powerhouse. It's foreign territory now and the worse thing is that it's hard to see a way out at the moment. Not sure if Cogger, Meaney, Lewis, Crichton,Talau,Elliot etc is the answer.
It's a bit like that Simpsons quote "dig up stupid"
I hope I'm wrong but I've predicted our decline over the years, not surprised at all where we're sitting now and I'm not sure how next year will be much better, anyway. The future looks bleak to be honest.
I also don't like this idea of not buying established guns. It will take at least three or so years to really produce a super talented first grader who is gelling with his team/combinations. By the time that cycle is up other teams will begin to poach and we all know that loyalty doesn't exist with players this day and age.. I don't know. I wouldn't say extremely depressing but a shit feeling watching your favourite team each week without a fighting chance and knowing it's a super tough slog ahead.Like we were never in this year, so the whole year was a total right off from a pleasurable viewing point of view.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I have many hobbies but when your a passionate fan, it it a little depressing to be honest.
I guess we have been so spoilt over the years and we've always been such a powerhouse. It's foreign territory now and the worse thing is that it's hard to see a way out at the moment. Not sure if Cogger, Meaney, Lewis, Crichton,Talau,Elliot etc is the answer.
I hope I'm wrong but I've predicted our decline over the years, not surprised at all where we're sitting now and I'm not sure how next year will be much better, anyway. The future looks bleak to be honest.
I also don't like this idea of not buying established guns. It will take at least three or so years to really produce a super talented first grader who is gelling with his team/combinations. By the time that cycle is up other teams will begin to poach and we all know that loyalty doesn't exist with players this day and age.. I don't know. I wouldn't say extremely depressing but a shit feeling watching your favourite team each week without a fighting chance and knowing it's a super tough slog ahead.Like we were never in this year, so the whole year was a total right off from a pleasurable viewing point of view.
I'm a passionate fan too and yes it's depressing where we are at. Whats more depressing is coming here to read our own passionate supporters trashing our club at any chance. Too much bitchin pissin and moanin.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People just use it to vent I guess, it's obviously very frustrating.
A positive is that we have the worse roster in some time and we are still competitive and have managed to win games.
ANY other roster putting on the Blue n White we'd be in the 8. Parra, Cowboys etc we'd be right up there.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done on getting a Chief Wiggum quote in there. I gotta say, today, I just felt nothing. After the emotion of last week, and still being pissed off about the last few minutes of the broncos game (I can hold a grudge as good as anyone), today I just had no fucks to give. I didn't see the first 15 minutes. From what I saw, we were ok at times but we just didn't have the same level of experience or class. Souffs took their chances, well some of them, they seemed to bomb a lot of chances too. I like the effort and I think the young guys would of learnt a lot from last weeks unbelievable loss. Unfortunately I'm just as frustrated as everyone here, but as a realist, I understand there is no switch to flick that suddenly goes from suck to good in a few weeks. We've had some floggings this year but also a lot of close losses which in time, these games will more often than not go our way. I don't know what my point is. I'm going to pour another bourbon and maybe I'll remember.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, we were never in tonight. The sad part is every team look ok at some part of the season or another..

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to find a way to include a "sad/crying" Post rating... it's bad isn't it!
You should change your name to mr negative,why don't you write something positive,the current board wanted a clean out,I'm sure they are doing a lot behind the scenes,I'm sure we will be seeing some positive news in the coming weeks

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I need to find a way to include a "sad/crying" Post rating... it's bad isn't it!
Anyway you could bring back the thumbs up/down rating?
Or is that too negative so everyone will abuse it. Guess I just answered my own question:tearsofjoy:
Can we at least compromise and include a thumbs up/down emoji?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You should change your name to mr negative,why don't you write something positive,the current board wanted a clean out,I'm sure they are doing a lot behind the
scenes,I'm sure we will be seeing some positive news in the coming weeks
I do write positive things, when there are positive things to write.

We should have Lewis and Martin sorted out already. So far other clubs are recruiting left right and centre, and we have nobody of substance at all.

The club talks of bringing in juniors, and that's fine, but they need guidance from senior players (which we are slowly depleting ourselves of).

Anyway you could bring back the thumbs up/down rating?
Or is that too negative so everyone will abuse it. Guess I just answered my own question:tearsofjoy:
Can we at least compromise and include a thumbs up/down emoji?
I'm trying to find out if there are ways to add more emojis on here, but it's pretty limited.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Cogger
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Martin

14. Ogden
15. Fualalo
16. Elliott
17. Priest
I bet half the team will be different

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well done on getting a Chief Wiggum quote in there. I gotta say, today, I just felt nothing. After the emotion of last week, and still being pissed off about the last few minutes of the broncos game (I can hold a grudge as good as anyone), today I just had no fucks to give. I didn't see the first 15 minutes. From what I saw, we were ok at times but we just didn't have the same level of experience or class. Souffs took their chances, well some of them, they seemed to bomb a lot of chances too. I like the effort and I think the young guys would of learnt a lot from last weeks unbelievable loss. Unfortunately I'm just as frustrated as everyone here, but as a realist, I understand there is no switch to flick that suddenly goes from suck to good in a few weeks. We've had some floggings this year but also a lot of close losses which in time, these games will more often than not go our way. I don't know what my point is. I'm going to pour another bourbon and maybe I'll remember.
Sit back put headphones on listen to yyz really loud fixes anything

Status
Not open for further replies.