The Mardi Gras vs the ANZACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would John Howard say?? :tearsofjoy:.
Geez John Howard would be boiling at this but so should all Australians.

They kick the ANZACS in the teeth by allowing the LBGT group more favourable marching rights, then the LBGT pick a fight with the Catholic church with use of the unauthorised use of the cathedral graphic

They (LBGT) hookwinked us all to vote yes, see this is what we get.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
this is for the big brisbane parade, fck the government bowing to minority groups and limiting attendance at far more significant events

The first ANZAC Day Parade took place in Brisbane on the 25 April 1916. While we remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for freedom during the Dawn Services and other services of Remembrance, the ANZAC Day Parade is an opportunity to celebrate and recognise all those that have served and still continue to serve our country.

The parade will be held between 10:00am and 12:00pm and will feature former and current ADF veterans and other groups that contribute to the Parade that make it the commemoration worthy of its heritage.

In 2021 the event will be restricted to comply with the COVIDSafe Planning requirements and relocated to become an invitation only event at the RNA Showgrounds. Those veterans and citizens unable to attend are invited to watch the event on ABC TV and be assured that the Parade participation and spectator opportunities will be reviewed as we approach the event.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We attend the Dawn Service every year and were very disappointed that C19 stopped the commemoration in 2020.

We went for a walk down a few streets and it was a very respectful celebration of ANZAC with a lot of people silently observing the occasion in their driveways.

So it turned into a more intimate community street event which we took a lot out of, by way of compensation, in place of the march.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
This is a sin, something the Bible strongly condemns. It is not inclusive of that.
Harper Collins publishes The Bible so yeah I don’t know if I totally believe everything that it claims inside it about being kind to one another UNLESS! the person you are being kind to are a bit different to you and don’t know how god charges arrears (oh I am using that as a pun) for all his “children” that didn’t mind a bit of the old male on male like the ancient Greeks did and modern day priest long before and after the Bible yarn was written.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A political war and the decision of our politicians who sent our armed forces.

Blame politicians for starting war, never the humble digger.

Watch The Loudest Voice on Stan for more insight on the decision by Bush/Cheney/Fox to agitate for invading Iraq.
100% correct, its been proven time and time again that Politicians in power are the ones to gain most by going to war, arouse Patriotism and it unites the people behind you.
I recall that Menzies almost lost the 1961 election, then a year or two later he got Australia involved in the Vietnamese war, he then called an early election in 1963 and won easily.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understand your outraged concern but could the church turn this into a positive for good publicity and congregation recruitment of the general public, who may be impressed with their inclusiveness?

Or would that just encourage gay organisers to use even more Catholic Church sites as meeting places in the future?

Honest question
The Catholic Church will always oppose sodomy and every other form of perverse sex.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100% correct, its been proven time and time again that Politicians in power are the ones to gain most by going to war, arouse Patriotism and it unites the people behind you.
I recall that Menzies almost lost the 1961 election, then a year or two later he got Australia involved in the Vietnamese war, he then called an early election in 1963 and won easily.
Yes the War on Terror must go down as one of the worst as well.

Our son joined the Army for an apprenticeship as a diesel fitter and I remember thinking how terrible to have lost a son or daughter to the Vietnam war....all for nothing. Still communist, spat on and until C19, a popular tourist destination.

And Iraq and the WMD lies. To lose a child to that blatant political manipulation and corruption.

Howard's children overboard lie. My cousin was involved in that naval operation and many if those sailors are suffering PTSD from the cover ups, blame and inquisition they had to participate in.

It's never the pollies. It's always the decent families affected world wide by their decisions.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Catholic Church will always oppose sodomy and every other form of perverse sex.
Sorry Kelpie did you realise what you just wrote :grinning:

But yes, however, I was referring to the open minded way they help the homeless and their charity work that doesn't pick and chose.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Covid pandemic or not, if there is one group that should dictate the terms of their March it's the ANZACS. Some of the men and women who would march and miss out may not be alive to march next year. Think about there sacrifice for our way of living.

But somehow this society "bends over" to the wishes of the LBGT community to provide them with largely unfettered and favourable marching terms to the ANZACS? What did LBGT ever do for the wider society benefit? They only want to benefit themselves, very selfish group.

Then on top, the LBGT community has the arrogance to throw stones and pick a fight with the Catholic church?

Doesnt there need to be a correction to our attitudes here? For every 500 ANZACS that can March at best the LBGT community should be allowed one person to march at the Mardi gras. At best one person. You can't compare what the ANZACS have earnt and owed from society.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez John Howard would be boiling at this but so should all Australians.

They kick the ANZACS in the teeth by allowing the LBGT group more favourable marching rights, then the LBGT pick a fight with the Catholic church with use of the unauthorised use of the cathedral graphic

They (LBGT) hookwinked us all to vote yes, see this is what we get.
I know you're just trolling but I'm pretty sure someone has already pointed out that the Mardi Gras is more restricted. It's happening in a stadium with a restricted number of tickets and everything heavily controlled.

Side note though, with the Mardi Gras being restricted to a stadium, do you think they'll rename the stadium to "the closet"?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We attend the Dawn Service every year and were very disappointed that C19 stopped the commemoration in 2020.

We went for a walk down a few streets and it was a very respectful celebration of ANZAC with a lot of people silently observing the occasion in their driveways.

So it turned into a more intimate community street event which we took a lot out of, by way of compensation, in place of the march.
In the Central Coast we had a driveway tribute. Everyone went out on their driveway for the morning service. It was actually really good.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you mean, "perverse by Church standards"

It's not considered perverse in modern society. I feel I could make some Pell joke now but I won't out of respect for the Catholics.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In the Central Coast we had a driveway tribute. Everyone went out on their driveway for the morning service. It was actually really good.
Yes I was surprised at how solemn and respectful it could be in a place other than a cenataph, or similar, which shows that with goodwill and compassion to others, we can all overcome life's tribulations and sufferings, for each other.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Covid pandemic or not, if there is one group that should dictate the terms of their March it's the ANZACS. Some of the men and women who would march and miss out may not be alive to march next year. Think about there sacrifice for our way of living.

But somehow this society "bends over" to the wishes of the LBGT community to provide them with largely unfettered and favourable marching terms to the ANZACS? What did LBGT ever do for the wider society benefit? They only want to benefit themselves, very selfish group.

Then on top, the LBGT community has the arrogance to throw stones and pick a fight with the Catholic church?

Doesnt there need to be a correction to our attitudes here? For every 500 ANZACS that can March at best the LBGT community should be allowed one person to march at the Mardi gras. At best one person. You can't compare what the ANZACS have earnt and owed from society.
100% agree. Great post. People are too willing to let minority groups have their own way to keep them quiet but it’s at the detriment of society as a whole

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I know you're just trolling but I'm pretty sure someone has already pointed out that the Mardi Gras is more restricted. It's happening in a stadium with a restricted number of tickets and everything heavily controlled.

Side note though, with the Mardi Gras being restricted to a stadium, do you think they'll rename the stadium to "the closet"?
The Cockpit is what I would call it... Jokes jokes

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100% agree. Great post. People are too willing to let minority groups have their own way to keep them quiet but it’s at the detriment of society as a whole
Or do you have a problem with minority groups having any say? :grinning:

Where do you draw the line in "minority groups have their own way to keep them quiet but it’s at the detriment of society as a whole"

Unless you have an Australian Proud Boys to stop them getting their own way?

The issues are very complex in the real time handling of these issues. All groups want to push their agendas. Authorities can't just lock 'em up and we can't just ignore their rights.

We've got these issues raised on here so far:

1. Gays get to have Mardi Gras at SCG but C19 restrictions.
2. ANZAC March still on but C19 restrictions.
3. Catholics feel St Marys desecrated by gay poster.

4. Probably more but...

Practical suggestions on how authorities can please everybody would be welcome :grinning:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Or do you have a problem with minority groups having any say? :grinning:

Where do you draw the line in "minority groups have their own way to keep them quiet but it’s at the detriment of society as a whole"

Unless you have an Australian Proud Boys to stop them getting their own way?

The issues are very complex in the real time handling of these issues. All groups want to push their agendas. Authorities can't just lock 'em up and we can't just ignore their rights.

We've got these issues raised on here so far:

1. Gays get to have Mardi Gras at SCG but C19 restrictions.
2. ANZAC March still on but C19 restrictions.
3. Catholics feel St Marys desecrated by gay poster.

4. Probably more but...

Practical suggestions on how authorities can please everybody would be welcome :grinning:
You keep saying about the large divide in Australia and we are becoming like America etc.
We are sick of every little group thinking if they scream and shout they’ll get their own way every single time regardless of the thoughts and subsequent impacts on the large majority of the population. I know nothing about the proud boys but I don’t follow or obsess over the media

You want a practical suggestion for an Anzac march? For starters allow them to have the numbers protesters do would be a good start

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The ANZACS sacrificed themselves so we can all live in a free country and that includes them, more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.