The Mardi Gras vs the ANZACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They don't have to show it, they can simply state it as "Outside St Mary's Cathedral" - but instead they choose to show the mother Church of Australia with gay colours all over it.
Understand your outraged concern but could the church turn this into a positive for good publicity and congregation recruitment of the general public, who may be impressed with their inclusiveness?

Or would that just encourage gay organisers to use even more Catholic Church sites as meeting places in the future?

Honest question

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, very disrespectful.

Just as the LBGT want respect, they should respect the Catholics. I'm not a Catholic or agree with them but this is pure baiting.

PS I know it's not the general LBGT community, just like every group/community, there are some trouble making c***s who just want to shit stir and play victim when questioned for it.

Would love to see the reaction if this was next to a synagogue or mosque.....
What would we expect from the LBGT community? They hoodwinked everyone to vote yes, how rabid were they to anyone who suggested no?. Israel Folau has been condemned for holding his position and not retreating to the LBGT bully tactics. Now they step all over the ANZACS and try bait the church. A mongrel group.

I think the Catholic church shouldn't acknowledge them publicly, sue them for using their image without permission, suggesting a false association. bankrupt them quietly.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Understand your outraged concern but could the church turn this into a positive for good publicity and congregation recruitment of the general public, who may be impressed with their inclusiveness?

Or would that just encourage gay organisers to use even more Catholic Church sites as meeting places in the future?

Honest question
The Church does not look to recruit people like a business. They always have their doors open and welcome everyone in. This here is a strong kick in the guts to the Church.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What would we expect from the LBGT community? They hoodwinked everyone to vote yes, how rabid were they to anyone who suggested no?. Israel Folau has been condemned for holding his position and not retreating to the LBGT bully tactics. Now they step all over the ANZACS and try bait the church. A mongrel group.

I think the Catholic church shouldn't acknowledge them publicly, sue them for using their image without permission, suggesting a false association. bankrupt them quietly.
Agree with the most of it but the Church will not sue - they preach forgiveness and peace. This is why the LGBT minions target them. Islam also condemns homosexuality - I dare them to try something like this outside a Mosque.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Church does not look to recruit people like a business. They always have their doors open and welcome everyone in. This here is a strong kick in the guts to the Church.
Sorry Wahesh. Just thought they could see it as a way of increasing the flock thats all.

I don't agree with them using St Marys pic in their flyer btw.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Honest question
Not an honest question. The church don't want to be associated with this mob, they shouldn't have to deflect them away. The LBGT are encroaching on the Catholic monument, bugger off they have no right to do so..

The LBGT community pick fights to try then appear to be the victims. The Catholic church need their lawyers to put the LBGT mongrels back in their box, hit them where it hurts in their pocket. not give them public attention.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It has every year. The mardi gras has become an event that is watched world wide, and has given Sydney a reputation for being inclusive and non judgemental. When we allowed international arrivals, the money that flowed in from the event was huge.

As a non gay, I quite like the floats and costumes. I wouldn't go to the after event parties - not my thing.
I'm talking about the Cathedral bit.

PS I've been a bouncer many a year at the Cross, I know how messy it can get with the after parties.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be time for Catholic church team up with a few Muslim mosques.. flex their muscle together to belt these mongrels who decide to insult any of their establishments or ideals.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not an honest question. The church don't want to be associated with this mob, they shouldn't have to deflect them away. The LBGT are encroaching on the Catholic monument, bugger off they have no right to do so..

The LBGT community pick fights to try then appear to be the victims. The Catholic church need their lawyers to put the LBGT mongrels back in their box, hit them where it hurts in their pocket. not give them public attention.
My enquiry was meant in the spirit of the other good work the Church does at St Mary's forecourt..to try and make an opportunity, rather than be used by LBGT as a clarion of their issues.

Too subtle for you I guess!

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My enquiry was meant in the spirit of the other good work the Church does at St Mary's forecourt..to try and make an opportunity, rather than be used as a clarion of LBGT issues.

Too subtle for you I guess!

Don't twist this round as the church throwing haymakers.. it's the LBGT community encroaching on other turf. Trying to pick fights, then play victim. .. Putting the cathedral in their materials? Come on..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't twist this round as the church throwing haymakers.. it's the LBGT community encroaching on other turf. Trying to pick fights, then play victim. .. Putting the cathedral in their materials? Come on..
As I said

Too subtle for you.

Read my post re using St Mary's in their flyer.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Might be time for Catholic church team up with a few Muslim mosques.. flex their muscle together to belt these mongrels who decide to insult any of their establishments or ideals.
That was a truly horrible thing to say lucky you are just trolling I guess but let’s lighten it up

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
They don't have to show it, they can simply state it as "Outside St Mary's Cathedral" - but instead they choose to show the mother Church of Australia with gay colours all over it.
The church is all inclusive. It can handle a bit of controversy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pink and blue are gay colours?

Someone should tell expecting parents.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What would John Howard say?? :tearsofjoy:.

Status
Not open for further replies.