The Mardi Gras vs the ANZACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a sin, something the Bible strongly condemns. It is not inclusive of that.
Only if you believe a series of stories, borrowed from older religions, and rewritten multiple times to reflect the political views of the church and state at that time. Give it another hundred years and there will another "Good News" version, where same sex relationships are endorsed - because the church will need the support of the gay community; many of whom are religious.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone hoping for justice on earth is just dreaming, all types of sex should be done in private hetro. gay or whatever.
Give me one good reason why gays should flaunt, parade and promote their type of sex in public.
I never said they should. You said that sodomy was "perverse". Not in private or public. You said that the act is perverse in any setting.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Only if you believe a series of stories, borrowed from older religions, and rewritten multiple times to reflect the political views of the church and state at that time. Give it another hundred years and there will another "Good News" version, where same sex relationships are endorsed - because the church will need the support of the gay community; many of whom are religious.
Just want to point out that not all Bibles have been changed to suit the man made religion that man has created.

My Assyrian Orthodox Church still uses the original Aramaic Bible, in fact it's not even translated into the new Assyrian tongue or any other languages and even read in Aramaic.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
There are interpretations of the bible that differ but they are not rewritten to suit audiences. Homosexuality will NEVER be endorsed by the church.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They wouldn't openly attack religion just because there's a difference of belief. But other members do. The flyer being a prime example. They obviously made it knowing that it would offend Christians and that's disrespectful.
How can you be so sure of this hacky?

I for one genuinely see it as a normal flyer with the landmark of where it's going to be held. I don't see any malice in it.

I'm not saying that it wasn't designed with malice, I'm just saying how can you be so sure that there is malice behind it?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How can you be so sure of this hacky?

I for one genuinely see it as a normal flyer with the landmark of where it's going to be held. I don't see any malice in it.

I'm not saying that it wasn't designed with malice, I'm just saying how can you be so sure that there is malice behind it?
I'm not 100% sure of it. It could have been done without malice. But it seems odd that someone would only show the church knowing full well on how many churches treat homosexuality.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There are interpretations of the bible that differ but they are not rewritten to suit audiences. Homosexuality will NEVER be endorsed by the church.
Church of England allows priests to be in same-sex relationships as long as they don't have sex. Church of Wales allows priests to be in same-sex relationships and doesn't restrict sex.

Even I find that odd.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure of it. It could have been done without malice. But it seems odd that someone would only show the church knowing full well on how many churches treat homosexuality.
It's being held in the churches forecourt, that to me suggests a lack of malice

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's being held in the churches forecourt, that to me suggests a lack of malice
Maybe. Maybe not. To me it seems more like malice. Or at least, a lack of understanding about what could be construed as offensive.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Maybe. Maybe not. To me it seems more like malice. Or at least, a lack of understanding about what could be construed as offensive.
Not the latter mate... having it held in the location is bad enough, then including it in the flyer is another. No question about it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not the latter mate... having it held in the location is bad enough, then including it in the flyer is another. No question about it.
I'm leaning that way, but at the same time I know how ignorant people are. And how easy it is to not pick up on this stuff.

To a religious person it seems obvious. To a non-religious person, they may not even consider it as offensive.

It's more about the response they have after. If you point out the problem and they apologise, then it's likely a mistake. If you point out the problems and they say, "stuff you" then they obviously meant offence.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'm leaning that way, but at the same time I know how ignorant people are. And how easy it is to not pick up on this stuff.

To a religious person it seems obvious. To a non-religious person, they may not even consider it as offensive.

It's more about the response they have after. If you point out the problem and they apologise, then it's likely a mistake. If you point out the problems and they say, "stuff you" then they obviously meant offence.
Heres a promotional video posted on Sunset Piazza Instagram page. In the video you can see what starts off as the shape of a Body of Christ, the Eucharist in the chalice turns into a cocktail drink.

Video: http://instagr.am/p/CKNCyyApSiU/

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Heres a promotional video posted on Sunset Piazza Instagram page. In the video you can see what starts off as the shape of a Body of Christ, the Eucharist in the chalice turns into a cocktail drink.

Video: http://instagr.am/p/CKNCyyApSiU/
That's... That's one hell of a stretch there. A circular background is the shape of the body of christ?

And the challace is ice-cream. But it looks like an ice cream holder.

Wahesh

Reaction score
That's... That's one hell of a stretch there. A circular background is the shape of the body of christ?

And the challace is ice-cream. But it looks like an ice cream holder.
The body of Christ as in the Eucharist (Communion) - that's the circular shape, they don't mean the shape of a body. And the Chalice which is the Challice (Cup) is designed to look like a cocktail glass. Combined they are poking fun of Christianity. Look at the image below...

1613785003681.png

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The body of Christ as in the Eucharist (Communion) - that's the circular shape, they don't mean the shape of a body. And the Chalice which is the Challice (Cup) is designed to look like a cocktail glass. Combined they are poking fun of Christianity. Look at the image below...

View attachment 21453
Still seems very different to me.. But I guess it's psychological exposure thing. Like how people see the face of jesus in a piece of toast. It's what they're looking for unconsciously.

Screenshot_20210220-124138_Instagram.jpg

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said they should. You said that sodomy was "perverse". Not in private or public. You said that the act is perverse in any setting.
Mate I regard sodomy as perverse because it involves anal penetration, some find it stimulating you may also, but I believe that their are still people (I don't know what %) that would find that type of practice abhorrent, therefore perverse even in private, but should be allowed to do it in private only.
BTW in regards to me referring to sodomy as been perverse, I'm referring to the sex act itself, not people actually marching in public.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 21453
The anti Christians (mainly anti Catholics) like to poke fun on our religion. Do they realise that we have enough material on them for a field day, if we were to ignore Christ's teachings for a short time.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate I regard sodomy as perverse because it involves anal penetration, some find it stimulating you may also, but I believe that their are still people (I don't know what %) that would find that type of practice abhorrent, therefore perverse even in private, but should be allowed to do it in private only.
BTW in regards to me referring to sodomy as been perverse, I'm referring to the sex act itself, not people actually marching in public.
Yep. But my original response was "perverse according to the church"

Sure there's others who would consider it perverse but my point is merely that it's not considered perverse in Australia.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently members of the Church were all consulted during the planning of the event and the advertising. It looks like even they didn't consider that it may be offensive.

After the Archbishop complained they apologised and removed the Cathedral from the advertising.

Looks like it was just an honest mistake. Hopefully Christians will recognise that and won't use it as an opportunity to attack LGBTQI members.

Status
Not open for further replies.