Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If he hadn’t gone in with both hands on Erickson maybe
To me both hands pushing instead of a a shoulder was sillyView attachment 58770
It was a foul, however it wasn't a clear and obvious error for VAR to get involved.

So given the run of play, goal should have stood (as the ref didn't call it), but if the ref was competent/fair then it should have originally been called (given that he gave a free kick to Arsenal, moments before, for McTominay pushing Martinelli, who was diving)

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
It was a foul, however it wasn't a clear and obvious error for VAR to get involved.

So given the run of play, goal should have stood (as the ref didn't call it), but if the ref was competent/fair then it should have originally been called (given that he gave a free kick to Arsenal, moments before, for McTominay pushing Martinelli, who was diving)
bruh how wasn't it clear and obvious, he goes right through the back of him and doesn't even contact the ball.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
bruh how wasn't it clear and obvious, he goes right through the back of him and doesn't even contact the ball.
VAR is used for clear and obvious errors. It could easily be argued that the ref is letting a little bit physical challenges go and not awarding free kicks against them.

It was obvious big game, home team pressure.

I agree it's a foul however rules are subjective to how a referee wants to officiate the game (i.e letting some physicality into the game) and so it's not a clear and obvious error, it could be argued a 50-50 challenge.

Dogahol

Waterboy
Reaction score
var is also used to clear or apply any foul play within the lead up of a goal.

Lets apply the rules when it suits though lmao.

3-1. Take your medicine and stfu

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
VAR is used for clear and obvious errors. It could easily be argued that the ref is letting a little bit physical challenges go and not awarding free kicks against them.

It was obvious big game, home team pressure.

I agree it's a foul however rules are subjective to how a referee wants to officiate the game (i.e letting some physicality into the game) and so it's not a clear and obvious error, it could be argued a 50-50 challenge.
It’s not a 50-50 - if he got the ball as well I might agree with you, but it’s clear as day a foul. Ref got it wrong on the field and as a clear and obvious error it got overturned. VAR in the end ensured the correct decision was made

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s impeded erikson from performing his movement, without making contact with the ball. He’s also ran right fkn through the back of him lol. Come on lads Mitchell Moses gets pens for less

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Far out, i wasn't expecting that win, How good are they playing now that Ronaldo isn't just sitting up top waiting for the ball, there pressing and counter attack is so so good to watch, bring on Crystal Palace

Dogahol

Waterboy
Reaction score
Too much disrespect on CR7. Watch the game peeps. He changed the game. Had a hand in all 3 goals and could have had a couple. He will be starting and scoring soon.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly cant believe how quickly Ten Hag has seemed to turn around the vibe around the club. 3 months ago it felt like we needed 11 new starts and 5 more for the bench, now it feels like we are 2 signings away from being real challengers.

Martinez, Malacia, Casemiro and Antony all have a certain bite about them, they fight for the badge and their teammates, its a long way away from the pathetic attitude we are used to seeing from the likes of Lingard, Pogba and Maguire over the past few years.

Dalot looks vastly improved, Sancho looks much better this season than last, Rashford is slowly rediscovering his form, even McTominay looks a competent player these days. Brunos game also looks more steady and refined.

Honestly we are a modern goalkeeper, and striker away from being legit challengers. But we also will need another midfielder because Eriksen wont be able to play every game.

A lot will depend on Antony, if he becomes a consistent goalscorer for us then we will be able to field a more balanced side than in previous years. I think people will be shocked at the difference it will make when you have a threat on both sides of the pitch, previously teams have just been able to collapse the defence onto our left side as thats been our only point of attack, thats not possible now with Antony and Dalot.

We will still struggle at points this season but we are on the right track.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Too much disrespect on CR7. Watch the game peeps. He changed the game. Had a hand in all 3 goals and could have had a couple. He will be starting and scoring soon.
His situation was blown up this off season. Other than Ten Hag repeatedly stating that Ronaldo has told him he was committed to the club. We also saw multiple clubs coming out and deny they had any contact with Ronaldo after the media would link him to them. People honestly believed that Ronaldo would move to clubs like Marseille, Roma, Atletico?. It is likely a case of him asking his manager to see if any of the very elite clubs (Real Madrid or Bayern) were an option and after they were ruled out, it was a case of the media using his name for clicks by linking him to clubs on the basis that he'd play 6 extra champions league games.

He certainly has a huge role for us this season, we need a fit and firing Ronaldo if we want to win any trophies.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly cant believe how quickly Ten Hag has seemed to turn around the vibe around the club. 3 months ago it felt like we needed 11 new starts and 5 more for the bench, now it feels like we are 2 signings away from being real challengers.

Martinez, Malacia, Casemiro and Antony all have a certain bite about them, they fight for the badge and their teammates, its a long way away from the pathetic attitude we are used to seeing from the likes of Lingard, Pogba and Maguire over the past few years.

Dalot looks vastly improved, Sancho looks much better this season than last, Rashford is slowly rediscovering his form, even McTominay looks a competent player these days. Brunos game also looks more steady and refined.

Honestly we are a modern goalkeeper, and striker away from being legit challengers. But we also will need another midfielder because Eriksen wont be able to play every game.

A lot will depend on Antony, if he becomes a consistent goalscorer for us then we will be able to field a more balanced side than in previous years. I think people will be shocked at the difference it will make when you have a threat on both sides of the pitch, previously teams have just been able to collapse the defence onto our left side as thats been our only point of attack, thats not possible now with Antony and Dalot.

We will still struggle at points this season but we are on the right track.
you forgot to add that ever since Maguire was dropped use have become a lot better defensively

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm the first to admit we are a shadow of What we used to be.

I reckon we will finish 4th or 5th if we are lucky.