Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
IF by "shit" you mean the best player to have ever played the game then YES he is the greatest of shit. LOL
No by shit I mean some suggested that he would make City worse (when it was only City in for signing him). City are crying out for him at the moment, he'd have a massive goal tally if he was playing for them.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
the game against City will be interesting

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lots of talk about Ronaldo, and rightly so. Great player. Still don't think he'll be enough to help you win or challenge for things but that's a different debate.

No one has mentioned Bailley. Personally think he's the one that won the game for you as he made some incredible defensive efforts to stop Atalanta.

Know many of the experts in here have got stuck into him, but he literary saved your arses last night

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of talk about Ronaldo, and rightly so. Great player. Still don't think he'll be enough to help you win or challenge for things but that's a different debate.

No one has mentioned Bailley. Personally think he's the one that won the game for you as he made some incredible defensive efforts to stop Atalanta.

Know many of the experts in here have got stuck into him, but he literary saved your arses last night
He plays some incredible games gets on a run and unfortunately more often than not he breaks down injured … also he is prone to a brain explosion here and there

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He plays some incredible games gets on a run and unfortunately more often than not he breaks down injured … also he is prone to a brain explosion here and there
We talking about Ronaldo or Bailley here lol

While all that may be true about Bailley I thought he was exceptional last night. Showed up you captain and most expensive defender in the world completely..

Maguire was so bad. You guys need him to find some type of form and quick.

With Varane out now, what are you guys going to do with your set up? No 3 CBs I imagine?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The past 2 weeks as a United fan have been draining, todays draw feels like a loss due to the nature of the goals conceded.

As I said here last week, I think if the right manager becomes available, not just the most high profile but the one thats fits the club, then I'd support a change. I am happy the club stayed away from Conte, I talked myself into him but it just wouldve set us back. World class manager but he has only had success in recent history playing a 3-5-2 and the way he structures his midfield and attack would freeze out Greenwood and Sancho. It would also be unfeasible to implement a system that neither of our fullbacks could function within.

There isn't a manager on the market currently that is worth the job and so it looks like it will be Ole till the end of the season.

On todays game, it was pleasing to see Bailly make such a strong return, with Varane suffering a hamstring injury, that is a minimum of 3 weeks on the sidelines and I think Bailly needs to start in his place. He brings drive and intensity which we desperately lack. McTominay has continued to get incrementally better by the game but its very obvious when Matic comes on that we look much better with a defensive midfielder who is comfortable on the ball. Rashford was fairly anonymous throughout the game, Ronaldo was our best, and Greenwood played a hand in both goals.

Moving forward, I'd be looking to start Ronaldo and Cavani together, they are building a partnership, it will be McFred against City but they really need to get better at closing down the channel between fullback and centre back. If its a back three, Id go with Shaw as a left centre back and bring in Telles.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We talking about Ronaldo or Bailley here lol

While all that may be true about Bailley I thought he was exceptional last night. Showed up you captain and most expensive defender in the world completely..

Maguire was so bad. You guys need him to find some type of form and quick.

With Varane out now, what are you guys going to do with your set up? No 3 CBs I imagine?
Depending on Lindelofs injury, I'd say back three of Shaw-Maguire-Bailly. But I think he will revert back to a back 4.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My first memory of Bailly in his debut PL match, the ball was played over the top and in behind, he got to it before the opposition striker and he flicked it over his head, turned around and played it through to Rashford. Made it look so effortless too. He is an absolute nutter but he brings the intensity every team needs.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No by shit I mean some suggested that he would make City worse (when it was only City in for signing him). City are crying out for him at the moment, he'd have a massive goal tally if he was playing for them.
I believe he has 15 goals in 16 games for club and country this season. At 36, and he didnt have a pre season. He is a freak.

Bruno has also created the most chances out of anyone across all of Europe. World class playmaker.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Depending on Lindelofs injury, I'd say back three of Shaw-Maguire-Bailly. But I think he will revert back to a back 4.
And that back 4 hasn't served you very well this year. Worrying times.

Still feel you'll get a result against City tho

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The past 2 weeks as a United fan have been draining, todays draw feels like a loss due to the nature of the goals conceded.

As I said here last week, I think if the right manager becomes available, not just the most high profile but the one thats fits the club, then I'd support a change. I am happy the club stayed away from Conte, I talked myself into him but it just wouldve set us back. World class manager but he has only had success in recent history playing a 3-5-2 and the way he structures his midfield and attack would freeze out Greenwood and Sancho. It would also be unfeasible to implement a system that neither of our fullbacks could function within.

There isn't a manager on the market currently that is worth the job and so it looks like it will be Ole till the end of the season.

On todays game, it was pleasing to see Bailly make such a strong return, with Varane suffering a hamstring injury, that is a minimum of 3 weeks on the sidelines and I think Bailly needs to start in his place. He brings drive and intensity which we desperately lack. McTominay has continued to get incrementally better by the game but its very obvious when Matic comes on that we look much better with a defensive midfielder who is comfortable on the ball. Rashford was fairly anonymous throughout the game, Ronaldo was our best, and Greenwood played a hand in both goals.

Moving forward, I'd be looking to start Ronaldo and Cavani together, they are building a partnership, it will be McFred against City but they really need to get better at closing down the channel between fullback and centre back. If its a back three, Id go with Shaw as a left centre back and bring in Telles.
Isn't Conte's system pretty much the same as what Ole is doing now? Would say it would've been a massive upgrade bringing him in as manager, but means squat now.

Watching that game last night I was really surprised as I thought after the Spurs game you'd find your feet. You werent great.

Maybe it was Cavanni wasn't starting who's really good at the defensive side of things? I don't know but that second half especially was terrible.

Agree about Ronaldo and Cavanni. That's your way forward and with the impressive Bruno (yet to be world class) behind you can cause havoc.

Issue is in defence tho and with two CBs out now injured and your captain playing Sunday league standard defence ...

Will be interesting

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And that back 4 hasn't served you very well this year. Worrying times.

Still feel you'll get a result against City tho
Honestly, I cant even see a solution to our problems. Its individual errors, how many more chances is Maguire going to get before he is dropped? That falls on the manager

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly, I cant even see a solution to our problems. Its individual errors, how many more chances is Maguire going to get before he is dropped? That falls on the manager
You can't drop him. Who would replace him?

It's madness how bad he's been tho. Absolutely shocking form and I'm.amazed some on here still think he's the answer at the back?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isn't Conte's system pretty much the same as what Ole is doing now? Would say it would've been a massive upgrade bringing him in as manager, but means squat now.

Watching that game last night I was really surprised as I thought after the Spurs game you'd find your feet. You werent great.

Maybe it was Cavanni wasn't starting who's really good at the defensive side of things? I don't know but that second half especially was terrible.

Agree about Ronaldo and Cavanni. That's your way forward and with the impressive Bruno (yet to be world class) behind you can cause havoc.

Issue is in defence tho and with two CBs out now injured and your captain playing Sunday league standard defence ...

Will be interesting
Yeah Conte plays the same formation that we played against Spurs, but I cant see Ole sticking with it for more than a few games. Eventually he or the next manager will need to settle on a formation that deploys wingers considering how stacked we are in that department.

Our attack has been pretty good this season. Even in the heavy defeat to Liverpool, we could have had 2 goals with Ronaldo's marginally disallowed goal and Brunos chance at the start of the match. Its that defence thats really hurting us. At the moment we are down to Maguire, Bailly and Jones as the only fit centre backs.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I believe he has 15 goals in 16 games for club and country this season. At 36, and he didnt have a pre season. He is a freak.

Bruno has also created the most chances out of anyone across all of Europe. World class playmaker.
Don't be silly, they're both shit and would severely weaken any team in the PL

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can't drop him. Who would replace him?

It's madness how bad he's been tho. Absolutely shocking form and I'm.amazed some on here still think he's the answer at the back?
He has been pretty solid barring a few shit moments over the years, but usually a 7/10. He even was voted as one of the best at the Euros. But his current run of form is the worst I've seen of any centre back in the last 5-10 years. Maybe we can recall Tuanzebe who has been decent at Villa but I cant see us doing that.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah Conte plays the same formation that we played against Spurs, but I cant see Ole sticking with it for more than a few games. Eventually he or the next manager will need to settle on a formation that deploys wingers considering how stacked we are in that department.

Our attack has been pretty good this season. Even in the heavy defeat to Liverpool, we could have had 2 goals with Ronaldo's marginally disallowed goal and Brunos chance at the start of the match. Its that defence thats really hurting us. At the moment we are down to Maguire, Bailly and Jones as the only fit centre backs.
Wouldn't entirely agree with your comments about Liverpool. We were pretty bad in all honesty. Especially that first half with our ball control. Gave up possession so many times and you really did squat with it.

Your attack was never going to be your concern tho. All about your defence and nothing has changed in the slightest to show improvement ... from what I can see?