Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Antonio Conte perhaps IF the club is prepared to cater to his wants

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, sure the guy pretty much wins a title but he is out the door not too long after
Conte has to get everything he wants or he then starts to whinge and look for the exit... just won the title with Inter breaking Juve's incredible 9 straight Serie A title wins but as soon as it becomes known that Inter is in financial trouble and will need to sell players and go through a process of financial austerity, Conte takes a financial pay out and leaves rather than face the challenge

and Inter still have a very good squad with Lautaro Martinez, Barella, Bastoni, Handanovic, Brozovic, Skriniar, De Vrij, Calhanoglu etc.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Conte has to get everything he wants or he then starts to whinge and look for the exit... just won the title with Inter breaking Juve's incredible 9 straight Serie A title wins but as soon as it becomes known that Inter is in financial trouble and will need to sell players and go through a process of financial austerity, Conte takes a financial pay out and leaves rather than face the challenge

and Inter still have a very good squad with Lautaro Martinez, Barella, Bastoni, Handanovic, Brozovic, Skriniar, De Vrij, Calhanoglu etc.
I’m not doubting his ability or his accomplishments. He would be great but he is too volatile for my liking

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not doubting his ability or his accomplishments. He would be great but he is too volatile for my liking
well, imagine Conte as a short term, potentially painful, all out effort to try win the Premier League again... and a lot of Conte vs CR7 gossip behind the scenes

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rodgers is basically a more experienced Ole.

Seems to always get close enough, but can never get over that final hurdle.

Ive never been a fan of Pochettino either, I think he really lucked out with that Spurs team coming into their prime
I think Rodgers is better than Ole but I agree , he’s not the coach to land you the PL title. He will never win a PL title .
You guys are with your backs against the wall right now, you lose to Liverpool at home next week and the noise to sack Ole will be louder.
If you somehow jag a result then that’s nothing more than a temporary bandaid solution .
As for Conte , the guy is just as complex/ demanding as Mourinio, do you really need someone like that on your bench at this point in time?

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No one is mentioning Ronaldo to step in? Surely there's a chance as honestly can't see any other alternatives.

Still think Ole will stay. He'll go back to playing 3 at the back, negative football and relying on scoring from a break. Not sure having Ronaldo up front is the best for that? But, then again cavanni was excellent in that position last year

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ole is copping heaps, and rightly so. Just being shown up as out of his depth. Can change tho?

No one is talking about the players tho.

Three of those goals came from Maguire and bad mistakes on his behalf. If you just watch the shorts you can see it, but he was dreadful throughout. Just horrible, and for your captain to be playing like that.

Bruno was lost. World-class my arse. Ronaldo wasn't much better. Read how Ole forced him to go thank the away fans, and he barely did that.

Sancho. Another non-existent display. Absolute class player and you hope he starts hitting form. Maybe by changing to counterattacking football will help him?

Midfield again tho was your problem. How you didn't fix that in the summer?

De Gea is back on form tho. Made a couple of saves to keep the scoreline respectful. Think he'll play a really important role against Liverpool.

Honestly think you lot will draw against us, parking the bus and just weathering the storm. But, much deeper issues at play that I think most can see.

Does a win against Atlanta and Liverpool show enough?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Those saying Conte. Saw a few United fans chatting about this on Twitter and how he sets up not being good with the squad you have.

Something along the lines of having to pick one of Bruno and Pogba to start. Having to shoehorn Ronaldo into a position up front. Still having to start McTominay even tho he's been gash.

Maybe someone like Gus Hiddink would be a good option short-term?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1st 8 Premier League Fixtures for the last 3 seasons

2019/20

W 2 | D 3 | L 3 | Pts 9

Final Position 3rd

2020/21

W 4 | D 1 | L 3 | Pts 13

Final Position 2nd

2021/22

W 4 | D 2 | L 2 | Pts 14

On paper, he's actually doing ok? But, I guess it's important to know who the opposition were as the first 8 games this season have had a pretty easy run of it?

Plus, considering the amount spent on the squad on top of the easier opposition better results were / are expected?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Steve Bruce must have some fans out there .

It's an interesting one for sure. Defence minded manager which is exactly what they need. Short-term fix, but maybe the right man to keep them in top 4?

Surely can't do worse than Ole?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you would have to think Solskjaer lasts until the January transfer window in order for United to try and fix the centre of their midfield and then see how the team fares into early 2022

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
you would have to think Solskjaer lasts until the January transfer window in order for United to try and fix the centre of their midfield and then see how the team fares into early 2022
Not many top shelf players available in the January transfer window, unless you pay overs for them. The Glazers have spent big bucks already and I can’t see them spending more.
You may also be losing Pogba in January which will weaken your roster. Regardless of how is underperforming at Man Utd the fact remains he is a quality player.
The biggest issues at Man Utd is the midfield and the coaching.
What are your thoughts on Steve Bruce rumours?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not many top shelf players available in the January transfer window, unless you pay overs for them. The Glazers have spent big bucks already and I can’t see them spending more.
You may also be losing Pogba in January which will weaken your roster. Regardless of how is underperforming at Man Utd the fact remains he is a quality player.
The biggest issues at Man Utd is the midfield and the coaching.
What are your thoughts on Steve Bruce rumours?
Man U ain't my team... I just like talking football

Pogba's situation is interesting because Real Madrid is not in the same situation as a couple years back with their financial troubles, Zidane gone, La Liga having lost some of its lustre, the concentration of money and talent in the EPL etc... Real may also be a bit gun-shy in signing another big name from the EPL on big money (as to his wages) in his late 20's after the bust that Hazard has proven to be... on the hand, I think Pogba is a better fit in Madrid replacing Modrić or Kroos with Casemiro behind him... PSG has a bloated squad but it is his hometown team in a less demanding league which will feature in the latter stages of the Champions League

as for United's midfield in January, I think if they can recover a lot/most of their transfer money for Van de Beek and sell him (eg. Everton, Newcastle United), then it should help fund a good '6' or '8'

Bruce the manager is not good enough for such a big club as Manchester United

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man U ain't my team... I just like talking football

Pogba's situation is interesting because Real Madrid is not in the same situation as a couple years back with their financial troubles, Zidane gone, La Liga having lost some of its lustre, the concentration of money and talent in the EPL etc... Real may also be a bit gun-shy in signing another big name from the EPL on big money (as to his wages) in his late 20's after the bust that Hazard has proven to be... on the hand, I think Pogba is a better fit in Madrid replacing Modrić or Kroos with Casemiro behind him... PSG has a bloated squad but it is his hometown team in a less demanding league which will feature in the latter stages of the Champions League

as for United's midfield in January, I think if they can recover a lot/most of their transfer money for Van de Beek and sell him (eg. Everton, Newcastle United), then it should help fund a good '6' or '8'

Bruce the manager is not good enough for such a big club as Manchester United
Look. Clear as day I hate United but the reality is that we're only 8 games into the season and anything can change.

Who knows? Maybe United go on a little run and win the next 4 or 5. They've got the players capable of doing it, that's for sure.

I had my money on Pogba staying and getting paid silly money to do so. Now? I don't know anymore. I think it's in their best interest to let him go as they need different players in that midfield. Every man and his dog has known this for years, but for some reason Ole still persists. Crazy.

Now with Pogba? I reckon he'll go PSG personally.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Pogba needs a cdm to preform simple as that

also I watched psg the other morning and they aren’t that good to be honest

if they played week in week out in the premier league they would struggle

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PSG was bought to sport wash their Qatari owners by emphasizing "gay Paree" and winning the Champions League... Ligue 1 is of secondary importance

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shame the usual posters aren't on here as there's plenty to discuss re United. Challenging times for you lot for sure.

Found this quote interesting:

Rio Ferdinand: “I enjoy watching Liverpool. As hard as it is to say as a Man United man, I actually turn the TV on to watch Liverpool because they are an exciting team in all the ways that they play.”

Truth be told, I also enjoy watching United in these times lol so I don't think Rio is doing anything wrong