Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most penalties won in the Premier League since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first managerial match in charge with Man Utd:

◉ Man Utd (32)
◎ Man City (23)
◎ Leicester (22)
◎ Chelsea (19)
◎ Liverpool (18)

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most penalties won in the Premier League since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first managerial match in charge with Man Utd:

◉ Man Utd (32)
◎ Man City (23)
◎ Leicester (22)
◎ Chelsea (19)
◎ Liverpool (18)
Penalties Man United received before Klopp's comments:

1 every 2.8 games

Penalties Man United received since Klopp's comments:

1 every 5.2 games

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Penalties Man United received before Klopp's comments:

1 every 2.8 games

Penalties Man United received since Klopp's comments:

1 every 5.2 games
Cry more

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My point about Ole is and always has been "Is he United level"?

Your history is there for all to see and admire. What Fergie did with your lot is nothing short of exceptional, and every single team in the EPL is trying replicate what he did with United. You are the best club in the modern era (apart from Liverpool) and clearly there needs to be high expectations.

After Fergie left managers suffered those expectations. They weren't able to replicate a particular style of football, or win the trophies or whatever it may be. They were high level managers, but they simply weren't able to bring United back to the level that they belong.

You brought in Ole to steady the ship, and he did it ... very well might I add. He brought a new attitude to your players, and a togetherness, at least from the outside. You guys improved, without a doubt. Players like Shaw thrived under him. But was it enough?

Is Ole at that United level?

Your greatest chance to win anything was last year. It was completely upside down. Top teams were all over the place whether it be through injuries, Covid, managerial changes. It wasn't the normal year.

You won nothing. Let's be honest. You choked the final. Came 2nd in the EPL when you really should've been pushing much harder to win the thing. Knocked out to the CL early.

Let's not forget that Ole is spent 441m pounds in his time at Old Trafford. 441m. This clearly has an affect on people's expectations. You spend that much, you expect the team to be winning things. He's not.

He inherited a side with Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial, Matič, Valencia, De Gea, Shaw, Bailly. On paper, it was a decent team. Yes, many of them horribly out of sorts but all fantastic players on their day and brought in for decent money whether it be transfer fees or wages. He inherited a disjointed, overpaid side but still a side with some really really good players on paper.

What were people expecting? To have those type of players at your disposal, and to invest 441m pounds more I think people expected more results. And, I think when you spend that much, when you inherit such a squad those expectations are warranted.

Is he United level? Haven't seen anything that shows it. A stop gap manager that's outstayed his time at the club, yes. But a United level manager? No.

Maybe he proves me wrong. We'll see.
I wouldnt call him United quality yet until he wins a major trophy.

The club suffered so much under Moyes, LVG and Mourinho that apart of the affection to Ole is that we are playing good football and look more competitive these days.

I agree regarding his expectations, whilst I think his expectations last season were only to finish in the top 4 and go deep in the cups, this season it needs to be at least competing for the league as well as a champions league semi. Whilst that still isn’t “enough”, it would continue to show progress. Anything short of that should spell the end for him.

From the clubs point of view though, for Ole to be replaced, hed need to be knocked out in the group stages of the UCL this season, or finish outside the top 4, otherwise the board won’t make a change because they still get their money.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if the owners want us to win trophies simple

here it is

Spend like city and stop buying players we don’t need and get the players we need.
We spent too long buying deadwood that’s still at the club.

Van Gaal was the biggest setback this clubs had. He spent hundreds of millions on the likes of Schneiderlin, Darmain, Depay, Blind, Di Maria, Rojo etc

Even signing the likes of Falcao and Valdes who were on astronomical wages.

The only thing he did was bring through Rashford and credit for that but he played the worst football and he didn’t make a single transfer that you could consider successful.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's pretty fucking hilarious that some are using a league cup game, where United fielded their reserves and in a match they dominated but failed to score, to have a go at Ole.

Perspective ffs

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's pretty fucking hilarious that some are using a league cup game, where United fielded their reserves and in a match they dominated but failed to score, to have a go at Ole.

Perspective ffs
Don't think people are using one game mate. It's certainly been a build up of things, with that result just a other of a long list of failures in his tenure.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's done pretty well with the cohesiveness and attitude if your team really elevating you above the lows you were at.

Just question whether he's got it in his locker to take you that next step. The cup game where you played your reserves you were terrible mate. Not sure where you got the whole "dominated the game" from as the Hammers really should've out a few more past you.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't think people are using one game mate. It's certainly been a build up of things, with that result just a other of a long list of failures in his tenure.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's done pretty well with the cohesiveness and attitude if your team really elevating you above the lows you were at.

Just question whether he's got it in his locker to take you that next step. The cup game where you played your reserves you were terrible mate. Not sure where you got the whole "dominated the game" from as the Hammers really should've out a few more past you.
Screenshot_20210925-133555_EPL Live.jpg

But according to you West Ham should have been so far clear ahead and dominated with the chances they had towards the end of the game, where time was running out in a knock out comp, where United were pushing for an equaliser

Ffs your takes of football are so out of whack

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
View attachment 30721

But according to you West Ham should have been so far clear ahead and dominated with the chances they had towards the end of the game, where time was running out in a knock out comp, where United were pushing for an equaliser

Ffs your takes of football are so out of whack
Did you watch the game? In its entirety?

Come on mate. Clearly you didn't. United had chances towards the end to level it or even go ahead, but by that point the Hammers should've been 2-3 up on you.

Big chances created is the key to that mate. You're smart enough to know that. You weren't good. Just don't know why you don't admit that?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you boys all need to relax for a month or two and see how you go against each other and the bigger teams in the UCL

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did you watch the game? In its entirety?

Come on mate. Clearly you didn't. United had chances towards the end to level it or even go ahead, but by that point the Hammers should've been 2-3 up on you.

Big chances created is the key to that mate. You're smart enough to know that. You weren't good. Just don't know why you don't admit that?
I remember two clear chances when I think United should've scored. There was a penalty shout I think soon after their goal. And there was a miss by Martial I think?

A heap of shots from outside the box. Just closing your eyes and hoping. Inside the box you had a few but nothing extraordinary.

Watched the game and it's what I saw. You could've easily have won it, but that wouldn't have been deserved imo

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you boys all need to relax for a month or two and see how you go against each other and the bigger teams in the UCL
Ah mate. I'm relaxed.

It's always been created as some Liverpool vs United battle. For me it isn't. Just commenting on what I see. I get things wrong, as many on here do, but I just call it how I see it. Not sure why there needs to be this whole rival clubs thing because we can just all footy without that, can't we?