Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You cannot discuss / debate anything with clowns that don’t even know the rules. :|
They would be better off of blocking their thought of patterns rather than other posters who hand their asses to them .
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Coach though is a special type of stupid, he’s a likeable stupid and it’s that likability in his stupidity that makes it amusing to many in here.
The guy has no idea about football.
Blah. I just found it hilarious personally. That's the captain doing that.

Interesting seeing so many United fans turning on Ole. All saying he has to win something this year. Out of another cup. Can he win anything? Highly doubtful in all honesty.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ole defiantly needs to win something
He won’t get 5 years of nothing like klopp was afforded
Not at United

Leave any manger in charge of a decent squad for 5 years you will win something but ole won’t get that amount of time
Cause this is united not a small club
Winning dosen't matter to the clowns running United. Van Gaal and Mourinho won trophies, but were critical of ownership and sacked.

Glaziers were smart in appointing Ole. Former club legend who is immune from criticism from vast numbers of the fan base.

Ole will never be anything but a yes man because he knows this is his one and only shot at a big club.

As long as we make top 4 his job is safe, and we will continue to be fed the bullshit that he is building something special.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very very poor performance by United. Let's be honest, the Hammers blew a number of goals that second half and it should've been a minimum 3-0.

Are we allowed to criticise Oles coaching? Or is that still banned by some members on here? Because, the reality is that you put a pretty decent side out and brought some big players plus Bruno on.

He has to win a trophy this year. FA cup now the best chance? Will that be enough?
The team United fielded was easily good enough to beat West Ham.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Winning dosen't matter to the clowns running United. Van Gaal and Mourinho won trophies, but were critical of ownership and sacked.

Glaziers were smart in appointing Ole. Former club legend who is immune from criticism from vast numbers of the fan base.

Ole will never be anything but a yes man because he knows this is his one and only shot at a big club.

As long as we make top 4 his job is safe, and we will continue to be fed the bullshit that he is building something special.
You'll make the top 4 mate. You've actually got a pretty good team and Ronaldo will defo win you plenty of games.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The team United fielded was easily good enough to beat West Ham.
That's what I was saying. Can't make excuses, it was a terrible performance. Just surprised some United fans on here are happy to brush it off as nothing

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very very poor performance by United. Let's be honest, the Hammers blew a number of goals that second half and it should've been a minimum 3-0.

Are we allowed to criticise Oles coaching? Or is that still banned by some members on here? Because, the reality is that you put a pretty decent side out and brought some big players plus Bruno on.

He has to win a trophy this year. FA cup now the best chance? Will that be enough?
Could’ve been 3-0 West Ham but could’ve just as easily ended up 2-1 to us if we finished off a few chances.

Whilst I don’t think it was a good side, more so a team of players who are long past it, and players making their first appearance this season, it was a shocking performance. The issue wasnt the style of play today, we actually put ourselves in good positions at times, but it’s our lack of intensity. It’s been our issue since the start of the season, I wish I could say I’m surprised but it’s the fourth year in a row that we’ve started off looking off the pace.

The manager and players should be criticized after every game they lose but saying that I also know that each time we’ve started slowly under Ole, we tend to click into gear and go on a run, only difference is this season we’ve managed to our league games when playing poorly and we’ve got the platform to build on.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ole defiantly needs to win something
He won’t get 5 years of nothing like klopp was afforded
Not at United

Leave any manger in charge of a decent squad for 5 years you will win something but ole won’t get that amount of time
Cause this is united not a small club
I think there’s been a clear roadmap for Ole.

Year 1: He took over when we had won only 6 out of our first 17 games, 15 points adrift of the top 4. We finished the season 4 points off the top four.

Year 2: Got us back into the top 4 after selling the likes of Lukaku and Herrera. We finished 3rd. Lost in the semi-final of the FA Cup, lost in the semi-final of the League cup.

Year 3: Finished 2nd. We were top for a few weeks post Christmas and stayed within 5 points of City until the final four games. Lost in the final of the EL. Lost in the semi-final of the League cup and Quarters In the FA Cup.

So he stablished us when he took over. Went from 6th to 3rd, then finished 2nd and he has had deep runs in all the domestic cups before today.

Oh and he has had by far and away the hardest cup fixtures compared to the other top 4-6 sides.

I get why he is criticized, it’s because of the style of play. But people have gotten too used to the high intensity pressing style that Chelsea and Liverpool play that anything different seems wrong to them.

Under Moyes, LVG and Mourinho we had scored 5 or more goals in a game only 4 times. We’ve done it 12 times already under Ole, so we play good football. We have constantly been in the top 3 highest scoring sides whilst he has been in charge. Our issue has been our defence and to be fair to Ole, we’ve also had the most “errors leading to goals” in the league for the past two seasons.

My issue is that I don’t understand what else people were expecting ?. Was Ole meant to win the league at any stage in the past 2 seasons ?

We’ve lost to City in two consecutive league cup semi finals, and to Chelsea in the FA cup semi, games that could’ve gone each way. We lost the EL final after both sides had taken 11 penalties each.

Fair enough to criticize him for his style of play, but there isn’t much of an argument against his results.

But like you said, and I agree, he needs to win something soon. Whilst he has done well so far, the next step for him is to win a trophy and compete for the title, so he deserves the time for it.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
FYI, I’m not absolving all the blame from Ole, only that I think people need to consider where we were then and where we are now.

Expectations only continue to rise though.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Could’ve been 3-0 West Ham but could’ve just as easily ended up 2-1 to us if we finished off a few chances.

Whilst I don’t think it was a good side, more so a team of players who are long past it, and players making their first appearance this season, it was a shocking performance. The issue wasnt the style of play today, we actually put ourselves in good positions at times, but it’s our lack of intensity. It’s been our issue since the start of the season, I wish I could say I’m surprised but it’s the fourth year in a row that we’ve started off looking off the pace.

The manager and players should be criticized after every game they lose but saying that I also know that each time we’ve started slowly under Ole, we tend to click into gear and go on a run, only difference is this season we’ve managed to our league games when playing poorly and we’ve got the platform to build on.
Look. I realise people on here think I come on here only to troll or whatever, but I genuinely like the footy chat especially with balanced posters like yourself.

I understand that things take time, and I've said already that Ole is still relatively new in the managerial game especially at the high level of United. He's done decent to get you to where you are, that can't be denied.

My comments were entirely about the West Ham game though. YOu were rubbish. Just off the pace. Lacking commitment. Desire. Defensively a little all over the shop. And I think those points were fair.

OF course Ole gets criticised, as he should, because this is his team.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think there’s been a clear roadmap for Ole.

Year 1: He took over when we had won only 6 out of our first 17 games, 15 points adrift of the top 4. We finished the season 4 points off the top four.

Year 2: Got us back into the top 4 after selling the likes of Lukaku and Herrera. We finished 3rd. Lost in the semi-final of the FA Cup, lost in the semi-final of the League cup.

Year 3: Finished 2nd. We were top for a few weeks post Christmas and stayed within 5 points of City until the final four games. Lost in the final of the EL. Lost in the semi-final of the League cup and Quarters In the FA Cup.

So he stablished us when he took over. Went from 6th to 3rd, then finished 2nd and he has had deep runs in all the domestic cups before today.

Oh and he has had by far and away the hardest cup fixtures compared to the other top 4-6 sides.

I get why he is criticized, it’s because of the style of play. But people have gotten too used to the high intensity pressing style that Chelsea and Liverpool play that anything different seems wrong to them.

Under Moyes, LVG and Mourinho we had scored 5 or more goals in a game only 4 times. We’ve done it 12 times already under Ole, so we play good football. We have constantly been in the top 3 highest scoring sides whilst he has been in charge. Our issue has been our defence and to be fair to Ole, we’ve also had the most “errors leading to goals” in the league for the past two seasons.

My issue is that I don’t understand what else people were expecting ?. Was Ole meant to win the league at any stage in the past 2 seasons ?

We’ve lost to City in two consecutive league cup semi finals, and to Chelsea in the FA cup semi, games that could’ve gone each way. We lost the EL final after both sides had taken 11 penalties each.

Fair enough to criticize him for his style of play, but there isn’t much of an argument against his results.

But like you said, and I agree, he needs to win something soon. Whilst he has done well so far, the next step for him is to win a trophy and compete for the title, so he deserves the time for it.
My point about Ole is and always has been "Is he United level"?

Your history is there for all to see and admire. What Fergie did with your lot is nothing short of exceptional, and every single team in the EPL is trying replicate what he did with United. You are the best club in the modern era (apart from Liverpool) and clearly there needs to be high expectations.

After Fergie left managers suffered those expectations. They weren't able to replicate a particular style of football, or win the trophies or whatever it may be. They were high level managers, but they simply weren't able to bring United back to the level that they belong.

You brought in Ole to steady the ship, and he did it ... very well might I add. He brought a new attitude to your players, and a togetherness, at least from the outside. You guys improved, without a doubt. Players like Shaw thrived under him. But was it enough?

Is Ole at that United level?

Your greatest chance to win anything was last year. It was completely upside down. Top teams were all over the place whether it be through injuries, Covid, managerial changes. It wasn't the normal year.

You won nothing. Let's be honest. You choked the final. Came 2nd in the EPL when you really should've been pushing much harder to win the thing. Knocked out to the CL early.

Let's not forget that Ole is spent 441m pounds in his time at Old Trafford. 441m. This clearly has an affect on people's expectations. You spend that much, you expect the team to be winning things. He's not.

He inherited a side with Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial, Matič, Valencia, De Gea, Shaw, Bailly. On paper, it was a decent team. Yes, many of them horribly out of sorts but all fantastic players on their day and brought in for decent money whether it be transfer fees or wages. He inherited a disjointed, overpaid side but still a side with some really really good players on paper.

What were people expecting? To have those type of players at your disposal, and to invest 441m pounds more I think people expected more results. And, I think when you spend that much, when you inherit such a squad those expectations are warranted.

Is he United level? Haven't seen anything that shows it. A stop gap manager that's outstayed his time at the club, yes. But a United level manager? No.

Maybe he proves me wrong. We'll see.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
FYI, I’m not absolving all the blame from Ole, only that I think people need to consider where we were then and where we are now.

Expectations only continue to rise though.
if the owners want us to win trophies simple

here it is

Spend like city and stop buying players we don’t need and get the players we need.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
if the owners want us to win trophies simple

here it is

Spend like city and stop buying players we don’t need and get the players we need.
It's not just about spending money tho. I honestly think United can be better and not necessarily rely on getting the big dogs in.