Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes? He's still learning so maybe he improves? Have always said he's not at United standard tho and you lot should be expecting much better
Hypothetically, if you were right and we needed someone else, I can’t see an appropriate candidate out there to replace Ole.

Conte is probably the best available but he has only had success playing a 3-5-2 and we don’t have the players for that system.

Zidane would be a shout but he would be a risk.

Before the season started, I said that Ole needs to challenege for the league all the way through and have a good run in the champions league or he should be out. And I’d rather let him see it through with this team then take a risk mid season.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if you were right and we needed someone else, I can’t see an appropriate candidate out there to replace Ole.

Conte is probably the best available but he has only had success playing a 3-5-2 and we don’t have the players for that system.

Zidane would be a shout but he would be a risk.

Before the season started, I said that Ole needs to challenege for the league all the way through and have a good run in the champions league or he should be out. And I’d rather let him see it through with this team then take a risk mid season.
Funny you say that actually as I was just thinking what managers are out there? Few up and comers from the German league? But they're no guarantee. It's a tricky situation to be in so I hope for your sake he works out. Just have my doubts he can fullfill the expectations that should come with the United job. That you guys be winning everything

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny you say that actually as I was just thinking what managers are out there? Few up and comers from the German league? But they're no guarantee. It's a tricky situation to be in so I hope for your sake he works out. Just have my doubts he can fullfill the expectations that should come with the United job. That you guys be winning everything
There’s a few in the German league yeah. The Dortmund manager, Marco Rose and Bayern’s Nagelsmann are two attractive managers coming through, they both play a nice style. But they‘ll stay at their clubs for another 3-4 years youd imagine.

Within the league, I think Graham Potter is the best up and coming manager, he has Brighton playing really good football.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
at his best, Greenwood is a '9' IMO and Sancho a winger... so they should work well together for many years to come
What makes the Ronaldo transfer so good for us is that it perfectly bridges us over for a few years until Greenwood is ready to be our permanent #9.

Rashford-Greenwood-Sancho will be the way forward for us.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What makes the Ronaldo transfer so good for us is that it perfectly bridges us over for a few years until Greenwood is ready to be our permanent #9.

Just don't think Rashford is that good personally. Well, consistently good anyway. Though, remember last time thinking that he popped up and scred against us!

Greenwood is a future superstar though. And by superstar I mean best of the best just to be clear to some fools on here. He's got it all in the box, just hope for you guys that Ole is the right man to nuture him.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

agreed

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yeah spot on mate
Let alone the knowledge those boys will take of ronaldo and cavani

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Donny is a cracking player but he will never fit in the system we play at the moment. DVB is a typical Ajax graduate, he wants to play quick 1-2s with the other attackers and he will drift into the half spaces to stretch the defence and create space. You need to play quick short passes for him to excel whereas the likes of Bruno and Pogba play a “run and gun” style, continuously playing through balls and trying to force the issue.

It’s the biggest issue at United and why we look imbalanced at times during games. We have players such as Sancho and Donny who prefer to play with the ball, whereas to get the best out of the likes of Bruno and Pogba, you need players running off them.
Why buy them then.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why buy them then.
The argument will be that the purchase was made by Woodward not Ole. Personally I think it's up to the manager to get the best out of his players and to create a system where they can all function in. Yet to see whether Ole can do that

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The argument will be that the purchase was made by Woodward not Ole. Personally I think it's up to the manager to get the best out of his players and to create a system where they can all function in. Yet to see whether Ole can do that
Hey Tassie. Maybe DVB, but not Sancho. We don't have a system, it's freestyle. We win games because we have better players than most teams we play.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just don't think Rashford is that good personally. Well, consistently good anyway. Though, remember last time thinking that he popped up and scred against us!

Greenwood is a future superstar though. And by superstar I mean best of the best just to be clear to some fools on here. He's got it all in the box, just hope for you guys that Ole is the right man to nuture him.
I don’t think Rashford will ever be one of the best In the world personally but I think he can be a very, very good player. He has all the athletic tools but his decision making let’s him down. Hopefully with the tutelage of Ronaldo and Cavani, he can pick up a few tricks.

I was super frustrated with him last season but To be fair he has been playing with injuries for over 12 months, the club shouldn’t have allowed that though.

Greenwood’s natural ability is freakish, easily the best talent we’ve had in over a decade. From what I see, he often gets targeted by the English press, more so than the likes of Foden, whether it’s a racial issue or an anti United agenda, he needs to be protected because we’ve seen plenty of players show promise and then succumb to the pressure.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah spot on mate
Let alone the knowledge those boys will take of ronaldo and cavani
Hopefully Cavani gets minutes in the league cup game this week, if he can get firing then we could see Ronaldo starting all league and champions league games and be able to trust Cavani in the league cup and FA cup, plus sub appearances in the other comps.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully Cavani gets minutes in the league cup game this week, if he can get firing then we could see Ronaldo starting all league and champions league games and be able to trust Cavani in the league cup and FA cup, plus sub appearances in the other comps.
Big plus to have both at the club

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ole has confirmed Jones will be apart of the squad tomorrow. It’ll be his first game in just about two years.

Also said Elanga will play a part, didn’t mention whether he will start or play off the bench.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ole has confirmed Jones will be apart of the squad tomorrow. It’ll be his first game in just about two years.

Also said Elanga will play a part, didn’t mention whether he will start or play off the bench.
Surely Bailey and lindleof over Phil Jones in the cb position
Unless he plays Bailey at fullback

Still have cavani rashford telles Henderson injured

Last edited:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely Bailey and lindleof over Phil Jones in the cb position
Unless he plays Bailey at fullback

Still have cavani rashford telles Henderson injured
Hoping Jones is only on the bench but I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get on the pitch.

I think he will give Dalot minutes to sharpen up before our next champions league game.

Telles should be close to returning so hopefully we see him too.

West Ham always give us issues and I won’t be surprised if they field a relatively strong side so we will need to be on our game if we want to win