Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Ha. Let's be honest tho. Ronaldo's goals were all goalkeeping mistakes lol.

We're all in shit when he starts banging em in like we all know he can.
Yeah there has been an element of luck but it's his positioning bro. He is always in the right place. Only him and cavani have that instinct.

To be fair he should have had 2 penalties in that west ham game

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah there has been an element of luck but it's his positioning bro. He is always in the right place. Only him and cavani have that instinct.

To be fair he should have had 2 penalties in that west ham game
People see me saying that as a knock against Ronaldo. I see it as a scared shitless statement of what's going to happen to the league once he starts tearing it up. He's going to murder many a team.

Still don't think he's anywhere near enough for you guys to be title challengers this year, but who knows?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ole needs to start managing the minutes some of these players are playing. Bruno is gassed by years end the amount of games he plays. They really should be giving donny some time in brunos position to ease his load. He will come good. Donny is too good to be wasted.

We really should have gone all out and got a defensive mid. Someone like bissouma from brighton would have been a great signing. It's the last jigsaw of the puzzle. I'm over seeing 2 of matic, Fred and mctominay play and stiffle the attack
Don't criticise Ole or his game management on here mate. The locals will string you up ;)

You've definitely got a point though. Donny to leave in Jan?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
People see me saying that as a knock against Ronaldo. I see it as a scared shitless statement of what's going to happen to the league once he starts tearing it up. He's going to murder many a team.

Still don't think he's anywhere near enough for you guys to be title challengers this year, but who knows?
A large part of that depends on sancho and then rashford. If they both fire, it's only going to help the likes of Ronaldo and bruno and pogba.

I think we have the squad to challenge, but the consistency of say Chelsea and Liverpool probably not. Man City for me fucked up. You won the title last year without having much of a striker playing and then you let aguero go and not get anyone? You can't win 2 titles in a row without a striker. It's highly unlikely. Kane was going to be hard to get but surely they couldve got someone else

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Don't criticise Ole or his game management on here mate. The locals will string you up ;)

You've definitely got a point though. Donny to leave in Jan?
I hope not but I dont blame him. You can't give someone 15-20 mins here and there and expect him to fire. Give donny a good run. A string of easier PL games and let him try and gel. The talent is there.

I don't know why they didn't loan him out. Everton wanted him. They should have loaned him. It worked with Jesse, it could very well work with him too

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope not but I dont blame him. You can't give someone 15-20 mins here and there and expect him to fire. Give donny a good run. A string of easier PL games and let him try and gel. The talent is there.

I don't know why they didn't loan him out. Everton wanted him. They should have loaned him. It worked with Jesse, it could very well work with him too
If we loaned him out and he fired it would make Ole look clueless.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Greenwood is fucking good. Kills me how good he is
He had improved every year so far and that’s the most important thing for his age, he isn’t even anywhere near the player he can become and that’s scary.

Still 19 as well.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ha. Let's be honest tho. Ronaldo's goals were all goalkeeping mistakes lol.

We're all in shit when he starts banging em in like we all know he can.
To be fair I only think the first Ronaldo goal against Newcastle was a keeping mistake. Ronaldo has made a habit of putting the ball through the keepers legs and that’s a skill, more than it is a goalkeeping error. I also don’t think his goal against West Ham was the keepers fault, their keeper did well to get anything on his first attempt but he was never going to be able to hold onto that.

You’re right in saying there is more to come though, Ronaldo has always been a player that gets better as the season goes on and that will be an even scarier sight for the league.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I think Donny is a cracking player but he will never fit in the system we play at the moment. DVB is a typical Ajax graduate, he wants to play quick 1-2s with the other attackers and he will drift into the half spaces to stretch the defence and create space. You need to play quick short passes for him to excel whereas the likes of Bruno and Pogba play a “run and gun” style, continuously playing through balls and trying to force the issue.

It’s the biggest issue at United and why we look imbalanced at times during games. We have players such as Sancho and Donny who prefer to play with the ball, whereas to get the best out of the likes of Bruno and Pogba, you need players running off them.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sancho will take a while to get settled…. And I’m not sure Ole is the right coach, I feel like his tactics sometimes are carked
Sometimes? He's still learning so maybe he improves? Have always said he's not at United standard tho and you lot should be expecting much better