Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really think you guys blame the Glaziers & Woodward way too much. You make it sound like that they don't back the manager, which is complete bullshit.
Nah I think a lot of the criticism towards the Glazers and Woodward is warranted. The Glazers have pulled out over a billion dollars from the club in a decade and have left us in a lot of debt.

But in the past 4 years or so they have finally invested money back into the club and Woodward has wasted most of it. Woodward spent years just chasing the big name players instead of building an actual team. Thats purely the clubs fault for giving him that power.

Over the years we have wasted money on players like Rojo, Mkhitaryan, Schneiderlin, Dalot, Fred, Bailly, Lukaku etc etc

The managers dont get as much as a say as you think they do. Mourinho asked for Maguire when he was available for less than 40m but Woodward spent all transfer window chasing Varane for 100m to only end up with no one and then spend 75 million on Maguire a year later.

The mismanagement of the team is so evident in games like today where we had AWB out and Greenwood on the bench and we had to roll out with Fosu-Mensah and James, two players that should be on the fridges of the squad and not starting.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ole is a PE teacher of a manager.

The problem is the ownership, they have hired managers who are passed it Jose & LVG. Now the inexperienced manager to try and rebuild.

Also 1-3 Crystal Palace LOL :tearsofjoy:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
View attachment 16989

I think that ends the argument son

Me agreeing we need a centre back....

Now scurry off
"You lot" is the key my friend. "YOU LOT".

Now, I don't know if you're the official spokesman for this group, and if so I apologise, however I was refering to people on here as it's been repeatedly said that your defence is great. By people on here. Hence why "You lot"

;)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They haven't backed the managers plain and simple. SAF would always bring in multiple players every single window.

The glazers spend the first year a new manager is there and then dont back the manager following Windows.

Thats not good enough. Every other team is always reinforcing

Its a fucking moot point now because I doubt sancho would want to come after last night.

Oh and fuck lindelof. How the fuck Mike smalling isn't starting before him is criminal. Mike smalling is the best defender in the squad, who gives a fuck if he can't pass.
Ole has spent over 240m in the three windows he's had. He's purchased the most expensive CB in history. Plunked another 50m off on a RB.

How is this not backing the manager? Now, if you were to say that the club made bad choices in regard to how to back the manager then I would agree. Your purchases have been shocking, and your panic buy of Sancho for over 100m when your backs are seriously lacking atm will further add to that.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah I think a lot of the criticism towards the Glazers and Woodward is warranted. The Glazers have pulled out over a billion dollars from the club in a decade and have left us in a lot of debt.

But in the past 4 years or so they have finally invested money back into the club and Woodward has wasted most of it. Woodward spent years just chasing the big name players instead of building an actual team. Thats purely the clubs fault for giving him that power.

Over the years we have wasted money on players like Rojo, Mkhitaryan, Schneiderlin, Dalot, Fred, Bailly, Lukaku etc etc

The managers dont get as much as a say as you think they do. Mourinho asked for Maguire when he was available for less than 40m but Woodward spent all transfer window chasing Varane for 100m to only end up with no one and then spend 75 million on Maguire a year later.

The mismanagement of the team is so evident in games like today where we had AWB out and Greenwood on the bench and we had to roll out with Fosu-Mensah and James, two players that should be on the fridges of the squad and not starting.
See, this is a good point.

It's not that the club hasn't backed the managers, it's simply that they've backed them with absolutely shocking decisions. Like embarrassing decisions. Rojo, Mkhitaryan, Schneiderlin, Dalot, Fred, Bailly, Lukaku.

Maguire is a decent CB. He is. But he's slow as fuck to turn so needs someone fast next to him to compliment that. But you bought him for 80m odd and expected him to change things. Made him captain. Based on what?

Varane I don't think is brilliant, but a massive step up on Maguire and I can understand why Woodward went after him.

I just question how you're going to get out of this hole? I was surprised by Ole talking about having to develop within, which I think would be great for you guys but with such impatient support I don't think he'll be allowed to.

How do you guys change this around? I actually think the squad you have is OK and that if you were playing together with decent coaching you'll be OK. Is Ole a good enough manager? We'll see over the next 6 months I guess but his success or failure won't be on whether he signs a player or two. But on how well he coaches the team.

So far, he's in trouble but it's only one game.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is where your wrong

The fucking spastic Woodward could of brought McGuire six months earlier for 50 but waited

He is an accountant and shouldn’t be working on transfers
Agree about Woodward in that he's really not doing a good job for you boys.

But ... I think that Woodward realised that Maguire wasn't good enough and aimed for someone better. The stupidity was to come back and pay 30m more.

At the end of the day though, Woodward can't and isn't in total control of making transfers. Players need to be presented to him but your team, and he then goes and tries to get them. The fact that you've made so so so many bad purchases in recent years shows that the whole team is rubbish. Doesnt it?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
See, this is a good point.

It's not that the club hasn't backed the managers, it's simply that they've backed them with absolutely shocking decisions. Like embarrassing decisions. Rojo, Mkhitaryan, Schneiderlin, Dalot, Fred, Bailly, Lukaku.

Maguire is a decent CB. He is. But he's slow as fuck to turn so needs someone fast next to him to compliment that. But you bought him for 80m odd and expected him to change things. Made him captain. Based on what?

Varane I don't think is brilliant, but a massive step up on Maguire and I can understand why Woodward went after him.

I just question how you're going to get out of this hole? I was surprised by Ole talking about having to develop within, which I think would be great for you guys but with such impatient support I don't think he'll be allowed to.

How do you guys change this around? I actually think the squad you have is OK and that if you were playing together with decent coaching you'll be OK. Is Ole a good enough manager? We'll see over the next 6 months I guess but his success or failure won't be on whether he signs a player or two. But on how well he coaches the team.

So far, he's in trouble but it's only one game.
I think the issue started 15 years ago when the Glazers bought the club, for years Sir Alex had to come out and say there is "no value in the market" when in fact there were players we were close to who wanted to come, Hazard was one, but the Glazers wouldn't fork out an extra 2 or 3 million and we lost out to other teams.

The Glazers were lining their pockets for the first 8 years of their ownership with Sir Alex still bringing continued success and papering over the cracks. No matter who succeeded Sir Alex, they were going to fail, with the lack of investment, the team was ageing and players like Cleverly and Welbeck were starting every week.

During Van Gaal's reign we really did take a few steps forward, he was the one who pushed for a then unknown talent in Martial and gave Rashford his debut even though he wasn't really in the first team picture. However, Woodward signed Shaw, Herrera, Schneiderlin, Di Maria and Darmain in the first year Van Gaal took-over and Di Maria was the only one he was consulted on.

I truly believe if Mourinho was backed with players he wanted then we could've put up a better challenge the year we finished 2nd. Woodward spent all transfer window chasing Varane, Bale and Ivan Perisic but refused to pay up for any of them and so after finishing second we only ended up signing Dalot, a 19 year old with 10 first team games at Porto under his belt. We really screwed him over.

Looking at our current team, we are severely lacking in quality depth options, if any of our front three get injured, we literally only have Daniel James and Lingard to come in, and its even worse in defence, one injury and we are screwed.

However, since our last league title, this is the most promising we've been, Ole has spent most of his time just clearing the deadwood and trying to develop Martial in a striker and Rashford on the wing, whilst also nurturing Greenwood. Even if Ole was to leave today, he has left the club in a better place.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Refer to my post a few pages back
Did I read somewhere that Fletcher and Rio have some input on the transfer committee? Idk if that's true or not though.

Clearly there's some major issues there, and no matter how much money you pump into the team it's not going to fix it.

Personally it's the wages the players are on ... but, Chelsea is just as bad and they'll do OK this year. So what do I know?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the issue started 15 years ago when the Glazers bought the club, for years Sir Alex had to come out and say there is "no value in the market" when in fact there were players we were close to who wanted to come, Hazard was one, but the Glazers wouldn't fork out an extra 2 or 3 million and we lost out to other teams.

The Glazers were lining their pockets for the first 8 years of their ownership with Sir Alex still bringing continued success and papering over the cracks. No matter who succeeded Sir Alex, they were going to fail, with the lack of investment, the team was ageing and players like Cleverly and Welbeck were starting every week.

During Van Gaal's reign we really did take a few steps forward, he was the one who pushed for a then unknown talent in Martial and gave Rashford his debut even though he wasn't really in the first team picture. However, Woodward signed Shaw, Herrera, Schneiderlin, Di Maria and Darmain in the first year Van Gaal took-over and Di Maria was the only one he was consulted on.

I truly believe if Mourinho was backed with players he wanted then we could've put up a better challenge the year we finished 2nd. Woodward spent all transfer window chasing Varane, Bale and Ivan Perisic but refused to pay up for any of them and so after finishing second we only ended up signing Dalot, a 19 year old with 10 first team games at Porto under his belt. We really screwed him over.

Looking at our current team, we are severely lacking in quality depth options, if any of our front three get injured, we literally only have Daniel James and Lingard to come in, and its even worse in defence, one injury and we are screwed.

However, since our last league title, this is the most promising we've been, Ole has spent most of his time just clearing the deadwood and trying to develop Martial in a striker and Rashford on the wing, whilst also nurturing Greenwood. Even if Ole was to leave today, he has left the club in a better place.
Well said

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably need a loss tonight lads for any signings or anything to happen
Sounds bad, but Woodward glazers will sweep shit under the carpet with a few wins