Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha. Nah. I'll leave you boys be. Only having some banter with you. Appreciate you letting me have some fun in here, but I'll leave you to it. Just don't mention Liverpool and you'll be OK ;)
Banter welcome anytime but this one has been going on for weeks

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry. One thing ...

Just reading Ole's comments on Sancho. Feel you guys are finally getting it right in the transfer market and focusing on making your current players good from within. If you pay for Sancho though ... and buckle to Dortmund then it just shows you're going to go over that circle again where clubs will just wait knowing you'll end up paying what they want.

Time will tell but ...

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry. One thing ...

Just reading Ole's comments on Sancho. Feel you guys are finally getting it right in the transfer market and focusing on making your current players good from within. If you pay for Sancho though ... and buckle to Dortmund then it just shows you're going to go over that circle again where clubs will just wait knowing you'll end up paying what they want.

Time will tell but ...
I don't know what world you live in but we've always had to pay overs for any player. Examples in the past are our dealing with tottenham for Carrick and berbatov.

Paying overs comes with being a big club

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We signed anyone yet
Sancho is looking unlikely now, club still trying to negotiate but theres been two main issues,
1. Dortmund want the full fee guaranteed and almost the whole fee (120m) upfront, Man Utd want to break it down over 3 years or so which is normal with most deals that exceed 50m.
2. Dortmund have made negotiations very difficult as they refuse to talk directly with Man Utd and instead are determined to negotiate through intermediators as well as the players agent, this has incurred potential additional costs of up to 50m if the deal goes through, even though the selling club will usually cover the agent fees, Dortmund have maintained that they want Man Utd to cover it. Bringing the potential outlay up to 170m.

That price is just ridiculous no matter how good Sancho is especially in this current climate with covid and the club losing 5m every time they run out without any fans in the stadium.

Unless theres a breakthrough within the next week, I wouldn't expect his to go through this transfer window. Keep in mind that Sancho has agreed a contract with the club and it is said that he really wants the move, its just the transfer fee holding this up.

In other news, the club is in deep negotiations with Real Madrid for left back Sergio Reguilon. He was voted best left back in Spain last season and he was arguably the best player on the pitch when Sevilla beat us in the Europa semi. He is really quick and really good going forward, Reguilon and Shaw fighting it out for the left back position would give us a lot of flexibility going forward. His price is only set at 30m because Madrid need money after investing so heavily last season, that price is an absolute steal for the quality of player you'd be getting, however Man Utd believe they can get him for even less whilst Madrid are insisting on inserting a buy-back clause, a clause which Man Utd will not consider at any cost.

Very reputable sources are also stating that we have a heavy interest in defensive midfielder Uros Racic who currently plays for Valencia. He is a really big body who is really good at breaking up play and he plays as a traditional defensive midfielder, decent on the ball too. Valencia want 30m as well and we should know more about this in the next 72 hours.

Other than that, there arent any concrete links to anyone else.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really excited but really nervous now with the season starting, there genuinely is 6 clubs that are fighting it out for the top 4 with another 3 clubs being outside chances. Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester and Wolves are all really strong sides. Looking at the overall strength of the league, I really think that 84-86 points might be enough to win the league this year and 64 points will guarantee you top 4.

Teams like Leeds and Newcastle have recruited really well as well and will cause some upsets this season.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sancho is looking unlikely now, club still trying to negotiate but theres been two main issues,
1. Dortmund want the full fee guaranteed and almost the whole fee (120m) upfront, Man Utd want to break it down over 3 years or so which is normal with most deals that exceed 50m.
2. Dortmund have made negotiations very difficult as they refuse to talk directly with Man Utd and instead are determined to negotiate through intermediators as well as the players agent, this has incurred potential additional costs of up to 50m if the deal goes through, even though the selling club will usually cover the agent fees, Dortmund have maintained that they want Man Utd to cover it. Bringing the potential outlay up to 170m.

That price is just ridiculous no matter how good Sancho is especially in this current climate with covid and the club losing 5m every time they run out without any fans in the stadium.

Unless theres a breakthrough within the next week, I wouldn't expect his to go through this transfer window. Keep in mind that Sancho has agreed a contract with the club and it is said that he really wants the move, its just the transfer fee holding this up.

In other news, the club is in deep negotiations with Real Madrid for left back Sergio Reguilon. He was voted best left back in Spain last season and he was arguably the best player on the pitch when Sevilla beat us in the Europa semi. He is really quick and really good going forward, Reguilon and Shaw fighting it out for the left back position would give us a lot of flexibility going forward. His price is only set at 30m because Madrid need money after investing so heavily last season, that price is an absolute steal for the quality of player you'd be getting, however Man Utd believe they can get him for even less whilst Madrid are insisting on inserting a buy-back clause, a clause which Man Utd will not consider at any cost.

Very reputable sources are also stating that we have a heavy interest in defensive midfielder Uros Racic who currently plays for Valencia. He is a really big body who is really good at breaking up play and he plays as a traditional defensive midfielder, decent on the ball too. Valencia want 30m as well and we should know more about this in the next 72 hours.

Other than that, there arent any concrete links to anyone else.
Bale is a chance for a year long loan, he will take a while to get to form seeing as he hasn't played anything but golf in forever, but i think he would be a great addition

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Lol I want updates on players I haven’t heard about

all the big clubs did there business early and we still only signed one player
glazers and Woodward out the fucking *****

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Reguilon apparently spurs Chelsea and Arsenal are after him too ( going to spurs )
Sancho lol
Racic is interesting
Bale I’d take him on a lon as long as Madrid cover 3/4 of his wage ( going to spurs )

Basically spurs are Madrid’s whipping boys

wtf are the ***** that look at transfers all season doing? stealing A wage

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reguilon apparently spurs Chelsea and Arsenal are after him too ( going to spurs )
Sancho lol
Racic is interesting
Bale I’d take him on a lon as long as Madrid cover 3/4 of his wage ( going to spurs )

Basically spurs are Madrid’s whipping boys

wtf are the c*** that look at transfers all season doing? stealing A wage
Bale gone to Spurs?

Can see you boys going all out for Sancho now which I don't think is the best thing. I'd hope for your sake you don't make any more panic buys, but I think it'd inevitable that you will now especially considering all your rivals are buying big and you're buying no one.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is Telles signed or what?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bale gone to Spurs?

Can see you boys going all out for Sancho now which I don't think is the best thing. I'd hope for your sake you don't make any more panic buys, but I think it'd inevitable that you will now especially considering all your rivals are buying big and you're buying no one.
No I don’t see the Sancho transfer happening at all now. There’s reports of Utd signing Perisic or Douglas Costa who will come in much cheaper.
With Reguilon looking more likely to sign with Spurs, Alex Telles from Porto looks like the next target.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bale gone to Spurs?

Who was the panic buy?

Glaziers won’t let ole buy shit , maybe telles

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who was the panic buy?

Glaziers won’t let ole buy shit , maybe telles
I really think you guys blame the Glaziers & Woodward way too much. You make it sound like that they don't back the manager, which is complete bullshit.

In the last year you've bought:
- Van de Beek 38m€
- Maguire 87m€
- Bruno 55m€
- AWB 55m€
- James 17m€

It's not like they haven't given you guys money. You've just spent it badly imo. Very badly.

Panic signings?

I'd say Maquire was a panic buy, especially at that price. Sanchez. Lukaku. Miki. I could go on and on.

But, again you'll blame the owners (who I think are shit) but they've supported you. It's your shit managers and recruitment team that fucks everything up. You lot crap on about having to pay overs because that's what big teams have to do ...

Liverpool just signed arguably the best midfielder in the world for 5m a season for 4 years.

The problem with Man U is that you've set yourselves up as being the club that WILL pay overs. Whether it be for transfers, or for wages. Look at Sanchez. De Gea. Stupid wages they're or were on. Stupid wages.

Every manager worth his salt will try to get United in the discussions of any deal, so you're constantly being played.

Now you're going to buy Telles? I mean. WTF? You desperately need a CB. GK. Possibly even an attacker. But you get a LB. You'd better hope you get a CB in at the very least on top of that or that will come across as a panic buy also. Especially when Spurs beat you to that Madrid LB. Newcastle beat you to the Lewis fella. And Liverpool beat you to the Greek LB who prefered to be on the bench for us than being in 1st grade for you.