Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Question: Does the Sancho signing hinder our squad with the emergence of Greenwood?

Where do you fit him, Marti, Rashford, Pogba and Bruno in the same system?
The objective is to play 60 to 70 games a season (EPL, FA cup, champions league)

You need more than just your starters to last the whole season. You need rotation options.

Greenwood is only 18, hasn't had a proper full season as first choice, he won't be capable of maintaining form throughout a full gruelling season, neither will sancho. Rashford and martial are the only ones with a full season under their belts.

It wont be an issue

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The objective is to play 60 to 70 games a season (EPL, FA cup, champions league)

You need more than just your starters to last the whole season. You need rotation options.

Greenwood is only 18, hasn't had a proper full season as first choice, he won't be capable of maintaining form throughout a full gruelling season, neither will sancho. Rashford and martial are the only ones with a full season under their belts.

It wont be an issue
Yeah good call.

The hype of us having the same starting 11 for 3 games in a row (first time since 2006) gave me the tingles and had me thinking about future options.

For me, its Sancho, a CB (because Baily is not pressing for Lindelorf spot enough), and maybe someone to contest for AWB.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah good call.

The hype of us having the same starting 11 for 3 games in a row (first time since 2006) gave me the tingles and had me thinking about future options.

For me, its Sancho, a CB (because Baily is not pressing for Lindelorf spot enough), and maybe someone to contest for AWB.
For me another creative option, other than sancho, is a must. Whether that be another midfielder or another winger, it could be either as far as I'm concerned. But 2 creative options in this transfer window is a must.

Awb will be given 2 seasons to show attacking development, if he doesn't theyll be in the market for a replacement. Theyre already looking at a replacement for shaw for this very reason (although Williams might fullfill that need).

A CB is a must, personally I think a partnership of smalling and maguire is more than sufficient but the club has made it pretty clear smalling is not in first team plans and smalling wants first team. So yes another CB will be brought in.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm hearing United and Dortmund have agreed on a fee and that announcement of transfer of @Sancho2020 will come after the EPL season has finished.

Van de Beek is also a strong transfer target

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ole got them playing with confidence
Pogba brilliant
Fernandes our maestro
Greenwood is going to be very very special

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mason greenwood!!!!!!!

What a team!!! First team in the epl to score 3+ goals in 4 consecutive games.

Ole was pissed with that stat, he believes it should have been minimum 5 goals per game.

And I'm loving how this run of form has got them scared and quite quiet!!!!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mason greenwood!!!!!!!

What a team!!! First team in the epl to score 3+ goals in 4 consecutive games.

Ole was pissed with that stat, he believes it should have been minimum 5 goals per game.

And I'm loving how this run of form has got them scared and quite quiet!!!!
Greenwood with a belter
I think long martial will be looking over his shoulder for the 9 shirt

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fernandes makes us good, Pogba makes us better. What a duo, club is suddenly looking like we are on the rise again.

Greenwood is a generational talent, the most two footed player I have seen, really quick, great finisher and great ball control and he has that ruthlessness you want in a striker.

Martial's work-rate has gone up quite a few levels, for years he copped it for being too relaxed on the field but he really looks like a great Man Utd striker now, he looks hungry for goals.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Greenwood with a belter
I think long martial will be looking over his shoulder for the 9 shirt
Martial can also play behind the striker.

But with a goal of having 60+ games a season its worth having both of them and both of them competing against each other for that spot(it will push the pair of them to further heights)

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Martial's work-rate has gone up quite a few levels, for years he copped it for being too relaxed on the field but he really looks like a great Man Utd striker now, he looks hungry for goals.
That happens when you have pgoba and bruno feeding you vs perieria and lingard where he'd probably think "why bother?"

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Still shit, probably don't even have a throw in coach yet ffs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Its good to hear some volume from you guys
It's a marathon, not a sprint. Still need to be in good shape to celebrate next year's title, and the title after, and after that, and after that, and after that, and after that...

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a marathon, not a sprint. Still need to be in good shape to celebrate next year's title, and the title after, and after that, and after that, and after that, and after that...
Knocked off your fucking perch and staying knocked off!!!!

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Offft Greenwood hits the ball hard.

we def need some back up players if we get injuries we are fked.