Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Read this morning you guys weren't going pay more then £50m for Sancho and there is no way Dortmund are selling for that!! I think you like us (Liverpool that is) don't really need to spend big on players (apart from maybe defence for you guys) cause you already have a pretty awesome starting lineup just need some depth signings. Genuinely think next season is going to be a tight race between us, you and Man City. Chelsea have a good team but not sure they can sustain it for a while season and then Arsenal and Tottenham are off the pace and will be fighting with Leicester for 4th

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Read this morning you guys weren't going pay more then £50m for Sancho and there is no way Dortmund are selling for that!! I think you like us (Liverpool that is) don't really need to spend big on players (apart from maybe defence for you guys) cause you already have a pretty awesome starting lineup just need some depth signings. Genuinely think next season is going to be a tight race between us, you and Man City. Chelsea have a good team but not sure they can sustain it for a while season and then Arsenal and Tottenham are off the pace and will be fighting with Leicester for 4th

United have got more than 50 mill and they will spend more than 50 mill. What you read is just newspaper bullshit.

United offering 50million is trying to get the best deal possible, ie theyre low balling

Last edited:

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If anyone has a chance, watch the third goal from the Hammer this morning. Watched it live, and it was beautiful counter-attacking football.

The movement off the ball by Antonio, and then Yarmolenko was gorgeous to behold.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone has a chance, watch the third goal from the Hammer this morning. Watched it live, and it was beautiful counter-attacking football.

The movement off the ball by Antonio, and then Yarmolenko was gorgeous to behold.
It was a beautiful goal

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
I’ll add old slow legs matic has been playing brilliantly.

what about angel Gomes the flop leaving.
He didn’t do anything special when given the chance I hope I don’t eat my words but I can’t see him Becoming anything special

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
The false 9 usually "leads" the line with the wide players dominating goals.
without looking into stats do you think rashford and martial can carry us?

maybe with the quality in midfield we have no but if Bruno or pogba get injured we are ducked

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

maybe with the quality in midfield we have no but if Bruno or pogba get injured we are ducked
Thats why in my original post I said we have 5 genuine goal scoring threats.

Add sancho its 6, keep ighalo its 7, after that you need depth and rotation options.

Its about spreading the goals around.

If you're playing with out and out strikers then yes you need a shearer, Yorke, cole, etc.

But the way we're setup we need multiple options to score because that will be the style of play.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
United have got more than 50 mill and they will spend more than 50 mill. What you read is just newspaper bullshit.

United offering 50million is trying to get the best deal possible, ie theyre low balling
How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not joining?! :rage::rage::rage:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ll add old slow legs matic has been playing brilliantly.

what about angel Gomes the flop leaving.
He didn’t do anything special when given the chance I hope I don’t eat my words but I can’t see him Becoming anything special
Gomes has been hyped up since he was 13 years of age, he was probably the highest regarded talent out of the Gomes, Sancho, Foden class and was the captain of the U20 team that won the world cup. His biggest problem was always his size, he is 5'3, unless you're a pacy winger, youll never make it in the premier league at that size against grown men and definitely not in the midfield. Even someone like David Silva who was considered "tiny" is 5'7.

Gomes will go on to have a decent career in Spain or the Netherlands, a league which isnt as physical, but not in the premier league.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Martial/Rashford are good enough for a top 4 finish but one of them will need to consistently hit 22-25 goals in the premier league if we are to be title contenders. To maximise Martials potential he needs two really good wingers outside of him to stretch the defence. You'd play him the same way Liverpool play Firmino or Madrid play Benzema. He is one of the best finishers in the league but he needs people outside of him creating chances. At the moment we make life so hard for Rashford and Martial by not having a proper right winger, it means the opposition defence can collapse to the left side and we've seen recent success after starting Greenwood on the right, it has given the duo more room to create. Someone like Sancho would be an even bigger upgrade and he would be the perfect foil for the other two.

We definitely need to sign a backup to Bruno. Mata and Pereira should be shown the door at the end of this season, and I'd probably bring in one attacking midfielder to replace them. A defensive midfielder needs to be signed as well, someone to split the games with Matic for next season and then be given the role full time when Matic leaves.

We need a new right winger and defensive midfielder to be in with a chance of winning the title, a backup attacking mid and potentially even a centre back would then make us strong title contenders.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine going to last years champions ground, getting a guard of honour from them, and getting flogged 4-0, then lifting the trophy in an empty stadium
Hahhahahahha hahhahahahha

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our attack looking great
Pogba Fernandes Playing behind rashford martial and greenwood
Greenwood is going to be special
2 goals today left a right just as strong as the other
Need another quality cb before sancho I think

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The last 8 EPL games (since bruno signed) are as follows

6 wins
2 draws

22 goals scored
4 conceded

I highlight these 8 games because they should give some kind of indication as to what our team can do over 38 games with the addition of bruno and pogba and how our current front 3 have developed their games with each other.

We've also had some tough games in those 8 games including everton away chelsea away, tottenham away, and man city at home

22 goals in 8 games is a very good run rate of goals per game and in the current table shows where we had to improve ie liverpool 70 goals, city 81, us 56

But with this current run rate of goals over 8 games its 104 goals over 38 games. Obviously it won't be that high, there's going to be bad runs of form and injuries and what not, however the signs are definitely good.

And lastly MASON FUCKING GREENWOOD, HES GOT FUCKING ROCKETS IN BOTH FEET!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotta say that I could be wrong on Ole. You boys get top 4 and that's a massive achievement. That Greenwood is going to turn into one hell of a player.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gotta say that I could be wrong on Ole. You boys get top 4 and that's a massive achievement. That Greenwood is going to turn into one hell of a player.
Take everything away and just look at oles signings
All been fantastic
And then look at the kids his giving time on the park to
All fantastic

Let’s remember first half of the season we had rashford and pogba out for a long time
You take arguably the best 2 from any team and it will hurt you
Then he signed Fernandes who has been fantastic, rashford pogba injury free
And 15 games unbeaten
Would of been nice to start the season with this team, and no injury’s
But it is what it is

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ALl of Ole's signings have been fantastic. OK.

Damn. Give you a compliment and you go off claiming he's the messiah and done everything amazingly. He's done alright but the season isn't over.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ALl of Ole's signings have been fantastic. OK.

Damn. Give you a compliment and you go off claiming he's the messiah and done everything amazingly. He's done alright but the season isn't over.
Lol not at all, but rebuilding the joint slowly
Playing good attacking football that were reknown for
At the very least his put us in the right direction for next season with who his bought in

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Question: Does the Sancho signing hinder our squad with the emergence of Greenwood?

Where do you fit him, Marti, Rashford, Pogba and Bruno in the same system?