Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im actually okay with the result, De Gea didn't have many saves to make, other than the one Thiago shot which De Gea had covered easily, Liverpool didn't do much with all the possession they had, hats off to Ole for the defensive structure he put out there today, we played well as a defensive unit and should've had at least two goals, at least one of Bruno or Pogba would've scored their chances on any other day. Rashford was through on goal twice and ran sidewards into the defenders both times, he was awful and if he had better decision making he would've put Cavani one on one with Allison.

The biggest worry for us is that none of our strikers are in good form, they've been underperforming all season. As long as even one of them steps up then we will be okay.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geez Leicester were good against Chelsea
Could of been a few more up too
Lampard starring down the barrel

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Geez Leicester were good against Chelsea
Could of been a few more up too
Lampard starring down the barrel
Leicester is a very good side, they've replaced Arsenal as a top 6 side these past few years. Teams such as Leicester, Southampton and Villa is why I reject the idea that this year is the easiest year to win the title as some have been saying. The reasons no one has run away at the top yet is because how strong the top 10-12 teams are.

Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton
Arsenal
Leicester
Southampton
Aston Villa

All these sides have been absolute quality this season and are playing at an elite level. Southampton is the next one that I think can push for that top 6 spot, I have a lot of faith in their manager, I think they way he sets his teams up is very Pochettino like, they play really structured football.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Leicester is a very good side, they've replaced Arsenal as a top 6 side these past few years. Teams such as Leicester, Southampton and Villa is why I reject the idea that this year is the easiest year to win the title as some have been saying. The reasons no one has run away at the top yet is because how strong the top 10-12 teams are.

Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton
Arsenal
Leicester
Southampton
Aston Villa

All these sides have been absolute quality this season and are playing at an elite level. Southampton is the next one that I think can push for that top 6 spot, I have a lot of faith in their manager, I think they way he sets his teams up is very Pochettino like, they play really structured football.
I’ve been very impressed with villa
Grealish is a star
Everton too

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ancelotti is the best manager in the league.
Big call that. Big call. Let's see where Everton are at the end of the year, then we can talk. He's done very well though to get Everton back amongst it but I refuse to really make a definite call on any team in the league, apart from United, until more games have been played.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton
Arsenal
Leicester
Southampton
Aston Villa

I thikn you're confusing 'easiest' with 'best chance'. In previous seasons there was always teams that stood up and took control, however up until now no team has done that. because of this, it's presenting teams with perhaps a worse squad such as United a chance they normally wouldn't get if teams like City and Liverpool were playing when the situation were normal in the league.

All these sides have been absolute quality this season? Not at all. Every team has lacked consistency, and I actually laugh that you believe Liverpool have been absolute quality. We've been shit but somehow have stayed at the top only because other teams have been more shit.

Absolute quality = consistency and no team has been that ... yet

As for 'easy' ... It's relative really. Fans are just using it as an excuse for their team being shit. No doubt Liverpool fans will use it if we faulter and a team like United win it. Whoever wins the league wins it. And I'll applaud them. All you can do is play what's in front of you.

So easiest? No. Not at all. But I think this is the biggest chance teams like Spurs, Everton, United etc. will get of winning the league for a while because of different reasons teams such as City, Liverpool & even Chelsea have been brought down a little ... well ... quite a lot.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't do this butt clenching any longer.

We haven't won in the league by more than a goal since the Leeds game. Exactly 1 month ago.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't do this butt clenching any longer.

We haven't won in the league by more than a goal since the Leeds game. Exactly 1 month ago.
Another win
And a very important Win to bounce back after a draw to get 3 points

Seasons past we would drop those points

How good is Pogba playing
How good was his goal

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Martin Atkinson doing his usual fuckery of trying to fuck us over (when Mourinho was at Chelsea, Atkinson gave 5 or 6 extremely controversial decisions to Chelsea over 4 or so games, he has a grudge against, as well as being one of the shitter refs of the league, have no idea how he has survived as an EPL ref for this long). A clear penalty not given, seems VAR has stopped working too. But of course no one will ever mention the clear penalty not given.

None-the-less a grinding out win, a bit worrying that we couldn't raise the tempo.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another win
And a very important Win to bounce back after a draw to get 3 points

Seasons past we would drop those points

How good is Pogba playing
How good was his goal
I think he is playing with a clear head. All parties know he won’t be renewing, he will be leaving in the summer. Keeping this form up he will only drive up his value. It’s a win win for all parties.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he is playing with a clear head. All parties know he won’t be renewing, he will be leaving in the summer. Keeping this form up he will only drive up his value. It’s a win win for all parties.
Spot on

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Over a year and 17 consecutive away games without defeat

Coincides with when Bruno signed .....

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Big call that. Big call. Let's see where Everton are at the end of the year, then we can talk. He's done very well though to get Everton back amongst it but I refuse to really make a definite call on any team in the league, apart from United, until more games have been played.
I guess it depends with how you look at it, as a whole, I dont think any other manager other than Pep has the same credentials as Ancelotti, he has already won the premier league in the past and his Everton team looks pretty decent and the best they have in a long long time. I think Klopp needs that second UCL on his resume to join the all time great managers, he has been amazing for you guys though and still has time to add a few more trophies to his name.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thikn you're confusing 'easiest' with 'best chance'. In previous seasons there was always teams that stood up and took control, however up until now no team has done that. because of this, it's presenting teams with perhaps a worse squad such as United a chance they normally wouldn't get if teams like City and Liverpool were playing when the situation were normal in the league.

All these sides have been absolute quality this season? Not at all. Every team has lacked consistency, and I actually laugh that you believe Liverpool have been absolute quality. We've been shit but somehow have stayed at the top only because other teams have been more shit.

Absolute quality = consistency and no team has been that ... yet

As for 'easy' ... It's relative really. Fans are just using it as an excuse for their team being shit. No doubt Liverpool fans will use it if we faulter and a team like United win it. Whoever wins the league wins it. And I'll applaud them. All you can do is play what's in front of you.

So easiest? No. Not at all. But I think this is the biggest chance teams like Spurs, Everton, United etc. will get of winning the league for a while because of different reasons teams such as City, Liverpool & even Chelsea have been brought down a little ... well ... quite a lot.
I think the reason no one has gone on a run is because of how competitive the league is. Man Utd, City, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea all have fantastic squads, Leicester have arguably the most well-rounded teams, Everton has an all time great manager leading them, Villa have one of the best players in the league etc etc

Liverpool and City have been immense the past 2 years however all the other big clubs were weaker than what they are now, this is what the premier league will be like moving forward, all the mid table sides have the money to keep up with the big boys, its been on the cards for years now.