Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool!!!!!!!!!!

D

D0ggyStylz

Rossi > Villarreal

United have agreed an undisclosed fee with Spanish side Villarreal for 20-year-old striker Giuseppe Rossi.

The Italian Under-21 international spent last season out on loan, having spells with Newcastle and his former club Parma in Serie A, where he scored nine goals in 19 appearances.

A club spokesman told ManUtd.com: "United have reached agreement with Villareal for the permanent transfer of Giuseppe Rossi for an undisclosed fee.

"The transfer is subject to a medical which is expected to take place in Spain tomorrow."

Rossi joined United from Italian side Parma in July 2004 and immediately impressed in United's Reserves, netting 13 times in his first 19 starts.

His performances in the second string quickly saw him called up to the first-team squad in November 2004, where he made his first-team debut against Crystal Palace in the Carling Cup in a 2-0 win.

A further 13 appearances and four goals followed, but the New Jersey-born forward couldn't quite earn a regular place in United's first team.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=449090

:(

D

D0ggyStylz

Galatasaray approach Man Utd for Saha

Galatasaray have asked Manchester United to keep them informed of Louis Saha's situation

Man Utd's Smith in Newcastle talks
tribalfooball.com - July 31, 2007

Manchester United striker Alan Smith is in talks today on Tyneside with Newcastle.

D

D0ggyStylz

Man Utd 2-3 Inter Milan

Sir Alex Ferguson will be looking for some major defensive improvement after Manchester United slipped to defeat against Serie A champions Inter Milan.

Although there were plenty of positives for Ferguson to take out of the game, not least an industrious performance from goalscorer Wayne Rooney, his back four will need to tighten up after a series of costly mistakes.

Fergie laments lax first-half

While Ferguson is unlikely to risk any of his first-choice defenders at Doncaster or Peterborough en-route to Sunday's Community Shield showdown with Chelsea, he must hope an encounter with Didier Drogba is enough to sharpen a few minds as the new Premier League campaign draws ever closer.

Like Ferguson, a 73,738 crowd did not seem too disheartened by the result and they went home cherishing an outstanding individual display, although, for once, the best Portuguese player on the pitch was not wearing United red.

Cristiano Ronaldo did his best to make an impact but was generally thwarted by stout Inter defending and some fairly unsympathetic refereeing from Mike Dean.

In contrast, Luis Figo revelled on the Old Trafford stage, providing ample evidence that the talent which, in his prime, made him one of the best players on the planet, still exists in abundance.

It was the simplicity of Figo's work that really caught the eye.

Now approaching his 35th birthday, Figo has seen and done too much to get flustered and it was hardly a surprise he should be so heavily involved in Inter's three first-half goals.

In truth, the first owed as much to defensive ineptitude on the part of Patrice Evra and Nemanja Vidic as to any brilliance from Figo as United's collective failure to deal with the veteran's cross offered David Suazo the simplest of finishes.

Figo then played the killer pass which provided Dejan Stankovic with the opportunity to present Zlatan Ibrahimovic with a tap-in, before completing his work with a lay-off to Suazo which set up the Honduras forward for his second.

At that stage Ferguson must have feared the eventual outcome. He certainly could not have been happy with the performance of what, in the absence of skipper Gary Neville, constituted his first-choice defence.

Less than two weeks before his side open the defence of their title against Reading at Old Trafford, the sight of Neville sat in the stands alongside Owen Hargreaves, Anderson, Nani and Louis Saha must be frustrating for Ferguson, especially as the Carlos Tevez affair continues to rumble slowly towards a conclusion.

Alan Smith was watching on as well but given he is apparently fully fit, it must now surely be only a matter of time before the England international follows Giuseppe Rossi out of the door.

For all these minor difficulties, while United can get Rooney and Ronaldo onto the pitch, they always have a chance.

It was Ronaldo's driven free-kick that Adriano inexplicably nodded into his own net just before the hour mark to give United hope. However, it was Rooney who was United's inspiration.

Seemingly set for a more advanced role than he has been given at any stage of his Red Devils career so far, Rooney showed a breathtaking appetite for work which suggests a big season lies ahead for the 21-year-old.

Rooney's efforts should really have earned his side a draw but, having done all the hard work and reached the byline, he was let down by his international colleague Rio Ferdinand, who somehow managed to fire a yard over the bar despite being only seven yards out in the first place.

<LI id=quotes>Fergie laments lax first-half
Sir Alex Ferguson admitted poor first-half defending cost Manchester United dear against Inter Milan on Wednesday.
On their final Old Trafford appearance before Reading arrive for the Barclays Premier League opener on August 12, the champions were beaten 3-2 by their Serie A counterparts.
Wayne Rooney put United in front but Inter struck three times late in the opening period and although Adriano's own goal gave the Red Devils hope, they could not stave off a defeat which, while not upsetting Ferguson too much, left the Scot in no doubt where his side need to improve.
'The defending in the first-half was very poor,' he admitted.
'You will not win any games, no matter who you are playing against, if you defend like that.
'We were so open in the first-half. Maybe we would have had a few more free-kicks if it had been an English game but we were all over the place at times. If you defend like that, you will lose.'
Given it was United's first-choice defensive unit, Ferguson will expect an improvement ahead of Sunday's Community Shield showdown with Chelsea at Wembley.
If the back four presented a few worries for the United boss, there was no problem with the performance of either Rooney or Cristiano Ronaldo.
Rooney in particular was a thorn in Inter's side throughout and on the evidence of this industrious display, a big season can be expected from the 21-year-old, who is set for a more offensive role this term than he has been used to in his time at Old Trafford.
'There was some really good one touch play at times, which I was delighted with,' said Ferguson.
'Even a side with the experience of Inter couldn't do anything about it, which is something I am very happy about.'
Overall, Ferguson declared himself satisfied with the workout, which represented a significant step up in standard from the four games on their recent Far East tour.
And the United boss was also heartened by the knowledge some of his injured stars will be let loose in friendly tussles with Doncaster and Peterborough on Friday and Saturday respectively.
'Owen Hargreaves and Anderson will be involved, as will Darren Fletcher and Mikael Silvestre,' he said.
'The main thing is I was able to keep 11 players on the pitch for 90 minutes tonight, so, although there might be one or two changes for Sunday, I know exactly where they are now in terms of fitness.'

cmrn

can i buy a vowel please?
Reaction score
Man U have a 9 year old from Brisbane coming over to train with them. Check the link below for a video on him.

THERE have been some famous No 9s in Manchester United's history, now meet their soon to be famous nine-year-old, Rhain Davis.

Brisbane boy Rhain was invited to join Sir Alex Ferguson's multi-million pound superstars after his grandad sent a DVD showcasing his abilities to the talent scouts at Old Trafford.

The DVD features Rhain in action for Redlands United, an under-10s side who play out of Brisbane.

The youngster can be seen teasing his equally tiny opponents with a touch of the Wayne Rooneys and was invited to Manchester for a trial on the back of his impressive recording.

As a holder of a UK passport through mum Leah's side of the family, his move to United was quickly rubber stamped.

Last month, Rhain and dad Mark moved to Cheshire, close to United's training base in Carrington. They will soon be joined by mum and the family's other children, Reeve and Emerson.

Rhain now has the challenge of working his way up to the heady heights of the Red Devils' Under-12s.

That will provide the first big test of his fledgling football career, as after he turns 12 he will learn whether he has done enough to earn a full-time scholarship with the club.

To see some of the tricky skills that so impressed United's coaching staff, watch video below.

check http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007350573,00.html for the video

D

D0ggyStylz

He looks like a brilliant young player.

The youtube clip worried me though. It said that his nationality is "British". His age worries me as this could be a kid that we could easliy lose to the POMS.

cmrn

Reaction score
hope not... he has massive potential.. fingers crossed he keeps form and gets a scholarship

D

D0ggyStylz

I am actually thinking that it is inevitable :( His family are packing up and moving over there (maybe already have).

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Based on the Informantion posted in that Artickle on that 9 Year-Old, He may have to end playing for the English Side rather than the Socceroos.

cmrn

Reaction score
mentions something like he has to be 12 to earn a scholarship.. so fingers crossed he makes the cut

Rhain now has the challenge of working his way up to the heady heights of the Red Devils' Under-12s.

That will provide the first big test of his fledgling football career, as after he turns 12 he will learn whether he has done enough to earn a full-time scholarship with the club.

D

D0ggyStylz

Neville eyes further success

Skipper Gary Neville feels United's summer signings can bring further success to Old Trafford this season.
Owen Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson have arrived to further bolster the reigning Premier League champions, and Neville is already eyeing more trophies this season.
“I genuinely believe that this squad can go on to be more successful than we were last season,” Neville told the Football Association's website.
“We always say the time to strengthen is when you’re doing well and the manager certainly bought well this summer.
“It was levelled at us that we were light in certain areas, and the manager has done something about it. Now there’s great competition for places, but that’s how it should be at a great club like United."
As a long-term international team-mate of Hargreaves, Neville is well aware of the attributes the former Bayern Munich midfielder brings to the table.
“Owen is an extremely solid person in terms of his professionalism, he works for the team and if you give Owen a job to do he’ll do it,” Neville said.
“He won’t lose concentration during a match and you’ll have to go a long way to find someone who is quicker at getting to the ball and tackling than Owen Hargreaves.
“He’s also a great free-kick taker, I don’t think that should be underestimated, he’s one of the best I’ve seen. That’s really something I think we’ll see more of for United.”

D

D0ggyStylz

Smith > Newcastle

Manchester United have confirmed that a fee has been agreed with Newcastle United for the services of England striker Alan Smith, who is currently in negotiations over personal terms.

Magpies manager Sam Allardyce is keen to tie up a deal for the 26-year-old, who has been linked away from Old Trafford all summer, but concedes that Smith has options to mull over.

Allardyce told the Newcastle Evening Chronicle: "I am hoping that the Alan Smith deal will go through on Thursday. He has other clubs to consider and I am hoping we are top of his list."

The England striker moved to Old Trafford from Leeds United in 2004 for £7million, and has scored 12 goals in 93 Reds appearances.

D

D0ggyStylz

New boys to debut on Friday

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that new signings Anderson and Owen Hargreaves should make their United debuts in Friday's friendly at Doncaster.

The pair are yet to make an appearance since joining in late May, due to Hargreaves' knee injury and Anderson's involvement in Brazil's triumphant Copa America campaign.

With both players taking full part in training this week, however, Sir Alex expects to field the duo on Friday and potentially again in Saturday's trip to Peterborough.

Speaking to MUTV after Wednesday night's friendly defeat to Inter Milan, Sir Alex said: "The Doncaster and Peterborough games we’ll use for Hargreaves, Anderson, Silvestre and Fletcher.

"Those players who didn’t play tonight, they’ll be involved in those two games."

It seems unlikely, however, that either of the new boys will see any action in Sunday's Community Shield clash with Chelsea.

"My team in mind (for Sunday) is maybe even tonight’s team and I think we’re ok," Sir Alex revealed.

D

D0ggyStylz

Hammers 'ready to release Tevez from contract'

West Ham are expected to announce tomorrow that they will release Carlos Tevez from his contract and registration after they tonight agreed a deal with his representatives.
The end of the dispute will then allow the Argentina striker to pursue a move to Manchester United.

The agreement, which still needs to be formally ratified by the Premier League and Football Association, will see the Hammers paid between £1million and £3million in compensation.

The deal will also mean the settlement of the £30million lawsuit brought against West Ham by Tevez's agent Kia Joorabchian.

Lengthy talks today ended with an agreement between both parties and tomorrow the league and the FA should sign off the deal - Premier League lawyers have been kept up to date the progress of discussions.

Joorabchian will then be able to try to sew up an agreement with United to allow the striker to join up before the start of the season.

In the unlikely event of either side having a last-minute change of heart, the only other avenue would be a lengthy High Court battle and there has been an acknowledgement that that would be in neither party's interests.

Manchester United have already indicated a desire to take Tevez on the same sort of loan package that saw Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano move to Liverpool last season.

That deal took some weeks before it was signed off by the Premier League but with that transfer having already been picked over by the lawyers, a similar deal for Tevez should go through much quicker.

The agreement with West Ham brings an end to a long-running and painful saga for the club that began when former chairman Terry Brown signed Tevez and Mascherano under banned third-party agreements last summer.

The club were fined £5.5million as a result by a disciplinary commission in April and that led to an unsuccessful legal challenge by Sheffield United, who claimed they should have been docked points.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
At last, Hammers release Tevez

August 03, 2007 ARGENTINA striker Carlos Tevez should be free to finalise his move to Manchester United today, after West Ham United agreed to release him from his contract, it was reported overnight.

An agreement with the player's represenatives, which still needs to be ratified by the English Premier League and Football Association, will see the Hammers paid between £1 million ($2.4 million) and £3 million ($7.1 million) in compensation, the Press Association reported.

The deal will also mean the settlement of the £30 million ($71.2 million) lawsuit brought against West Ham by Tevez's agent, Kia Joorabchian.

Manchester United has already indicated a desire to take the 23-year-old Tevez on the same sort of loan package that saw Argentina midfield player Javier Mascherano move to Liverpool last season.

That deal took some weeks before it was signed off by the Premier League but, with that transfer having already been picked over by the lawyers, a similar deal for Tevez should go through much quicker.

The agreement with West Ham brings an end to a long-running and painful saga for the club that began when former chairman Terry Brown signed Tevez and Mascherano under banned third-party agreements last (northern) summer.

The club was fined £5.5 million ($13 million) by a disciplinary commission in April, and that led to an unsuccessful legal challenge by relegated Sheffield United, which claimed it should have been docked points.

Tevez said overnight he feared that the protracted transfer saga could damage his chances of making an immediate impact at Old Trafford.

"We need a solution quickly so that I can get on with my career," he told The Sun. "My hope was I'd be involved in the Community Shield against Chelsea at Wembley on Sunday. That I'm not is very painful.

"I desire a swift solution and demand now that all parties arrive at an agreement because I just want to play. I am not responsible for all this bureaucracy.

"To play for a super club like Manchester United without any pre-season work behind me is going to be a real handicap.

"I am a fighter and am prepared for any challenge. But this is going to be very difficult.

"Mentally I am prepared to play for United at any moment, but physically it may be more difficult the longer it goes on."

Agence France-Presse