Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, he deserves the time to make the most of what he has. The expectation to win the league is only there because Ole has improved us to this point.

I’ve never seen a manager cop so much shit after taking over a side in 7-8th (when Mourinho was sacked) and taking them to a 3rd place and 2nd place finish the next two seasons.

We can sack Ole now, whoever we sign is going to have the same struggles. No manager is going to turn Fred into Kante etc.
Ole started his reign as United manager with the club in 6th position. The team finished the season in 6th position.

This was an overall disappointing result for a club that finished 2ND the season prior.

Ole stated several times that he was more than happy with his midfield at the beginning of the season.

Ole has chosen to spend over 120m on Sancho, Diallo and Pellistri, who all specialize in the same position, right wing

Ole has had the finances to turn Mcfred into whoever he desired, but he declined.

The excuses are coming already after only a handful of games.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Who do we have up front then, Cavani and Ronaldo.

Where does that leave Lingard and Rashford?

It's bloody hard being a coach these days, plus there is still talk of United buying Harland, where the hell is he going to play?

He won't want to be a bench player either
Cavani and Ronaldo up front, Cavani won't be with us next season. If it is Haaland he'll more than likely be 1st choice as Ronaldo will be too old by then

IMO martial and lingard we're on the outer and the club was always waiting for adequate offers for them. We've got a few youngsters coming through the ranks and squad management would've been lingard and martial warming the bench thisseason for the youngsters coming through to the 1st team next season

But once we get well into the season I do believe rashford and sancho are first choice on the flanks

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ole has chosen to spend over 120m on Sancho, Diallo and Pellistri, who all specialize in the same position, right wing

Diallo and Pellestri were signed for peanuts, you're including the add ons should the players live up to potential and acheive certain conditions.

So please do go on and explain to us all how Ole has $50 million imaginary money from pellestri and diallo that he could've spent on midfield

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Diallo and Pellestri were signed for peanuts, you're including the add ons should the players live up to potential and acheive certain conditions.

So please do go on and explain to us all how Ole has $50 million imaginary money from pellestri and diallo that he could've spent on midfield
Diallo was 35 / 40 million mate.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So that means you think that Rashford was better under Mourinho?

What about Martial?

You disagree with Shaw being better under Ole?

Did you prefer when Mourinho was trying to convert McTominay as a centre back ?

I’m genuinely curious on which part you disagree with.

Which player would Klopp or Pep have improved more than Ole?
Pretty sure i said other than Shaw.

Rashford has good stats mixed with dreadful performances.

You really think Martial has improved under Ole? Very debatable.

Mctominay is a Man U standard midfielder ? Not sure what he actually does in games, besides his little fake pivot, pass sideways routine.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Like i said 40 million ..... Hardly peanuts
Ffs do you know what the add ons are? What the clauses are?

They may or may never be paid. And if it is paid it could be 2, 3, 4 or 5 years down the track (depending on what it's for eg premier league title, champions league, player of the month, number of assists/goals, etc)

This does not translate to having funds available to pay for a centre mid.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ffs do you know what the add ons are? What the clauses are?

They may or may never be paid. And if it is paid it could be 2, 3, 4 or 5 years down the track (depending on what it's for eg premier league title, champions league, player of the month, number of assists/goals, etc)

This does not translate to having funds available to pay for a centre mid.
Don’t feed the troll

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wam bissaka suspension reduced by one game, he's available for atalanta.

Rashford might start tonight

Maguire possible inclusion tonight

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Marcus Rashford needs to "prioritise his football" if he is to meet the twin challenges of playing for club and country, says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

So Ole basically saying Rashford needs to stop with his community work and focus on his football side of things?

Strange one that

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like i said 40 million ..... Hardly peanuts
Strange that people don't see it that way? 40m is big money. Every contract has incentives but you've gotta include that in the budget so 40m is massive money considering the other positions you really need to fill.

Easily would've got a good DM with that kind of money, which makes it even stranger why the RW spot was prioritised?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Declan Rice has been valued by West Ham at £100 million... they say Ndidi has been priced at £65-75 million by Leicester City... Leeds have priced Kalvin Philips at £60 million... although Bellingham is a CM and not a DM, he will earn Dortmund £100+ million etc.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wam bissaka suspension reduced by one game, he's available for atalanta.

Rashford might start tonight

Maguire possible inclusion tonight
Rashford starting is a big plus for Man U. As a opposition supporter I like what Rashford has to offer and if he starts I think it's a good thing for Man U. He is still very under-rated.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ffs massive massive face palm, I should learn my lesson in not giving benefit of the doubt.

Clown takes massive clown takes
Clown takes. Massive clown takes.

The same two that tried to prove Liverpool didn't have that bad of an injury problem by using stats for half the season?

The same two that talk about Ronaldo being cheap (13m transfer) but not even bringing into account the massive wages?

The same two who've said United are lacking in midfield. But when people say United should've spent money on a DM and not attackers those people are idiots?

Yeah. Definite clown takes.

Personally reckon different views are great and people shouldn't be talked down to in the way you two do when all they're trying to do is contribute

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rashford starting is a big plus for Man U. As a opposition supporter I like what Rashford has to offer and if he starts I think it's a good thing for Man U. He is still very under-rated.
Don't see it personally. Got the tools bit hasn't shown enough yet. This is his year to show it tho

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Declan Rice has been valued by West Ham at £100 million... they say Ndidi has been priced at £65-75 million by Leicester City... Leeds have priced Kalvin Philips at £60 million... although Bellingham is a CM and not a DM, he will earn Dortmund £100+ million etc.
I read somewhere that midfielder for Leicester has asked to leave? Can't remember his name tho? Tielmans I think?

Ndidi would be a top top signing for United.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wtf? Rice doesn't even have a rare card in FIFA.. :tearsofjoy: