Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the Liverpool v City match was a real reality check.

We will get top 4, but no title challenge. Hope i am wrong, but this goes much further back than this years results.

Last season papered over cracks in my opinion.

We were lucky to finish 2nd. Your mob and Chelsea had legitimate excuses for where they finished.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ronaldo and Bruno scored 4 goal between them for Portugual

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough mate.

I am just very frustrated with all things United at present.

I feel we should be travelling much better than we are considering our squad.
We have started better than last year but we need to win way more than we have been, or we will fall behind like last year

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Martial had his best ever season under Ole. Injuries have made him immobile as fuck now though.
Rashford best season under Ole.
Shaw became one of the best in the world in his position.
McTominay has become a competent player.
Greenwood has developed.

I dont understand what you want him to do with player improvement. If it was that easy why would Pep need to spend a billion? why did Klopp buy Allison instead of improving Karius. Why would Tuchel need Lukaku instead of developing Tammy Abraham.

Fair enough if you dont like the way he sets up, but criticising one thing he has done better than most is pretty odd.
Either he's a troll account or he's part of the usual "Ole out" crew (to be fair he has shown some knowledge of United's history which the other trolls on this forum are ignorant of, so there is a possibility he's a legit user)

The "Ole out" crew are singing from the same hymn book, when you search United forums, their points are word for word the exact same thing and some of the reasons they give are so far detached from reality.

I'm on the "let's wait and see and give him this season as a chance" side of things.

Statements such as Mourinho would have done better than Ole are devoid of the fact that Mourinho still spent money and had a chance to build a side, he was fucking atrocious and set the club back rather than improve the club.

Ole came in and fixed all the fuck ups that Mourinho made.

We also had another "high profile" manager in LVG. LVG's transfers were abysmal and his style of play??? Well they all must have loved his "patterns of play".

Ole is not being given credit for assembling a very good squad of players and cutting away a lot of the deadwood (Mourinho amassed deadwood).

McFred - People are forgetting that 1. Mourinho loves McTominay 2. Mourinho signed Fred 3. Mourinho wanted Pogba out of the club

So again the "Ole out" crew are claiming that Mourinho would do so much more with this squad and wouldn't play McFred are living in some fucked up cuckoo land

And the last point I'll touch on at the moment, there are successful players/winners like Cavani, Ronaldo, and Varane who decided to sign for United with Ole as manager.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you explain to me what your mate @coach did with that table and 'facts' about the injuries at Liverpool? Wouldn't you say he's clearly making up shit? I mean, it's there for all of us to see ...

Why don't you call that out considering that people making up shit pisses you off so much?

You guys need to calm down. Really. I just made a comment. Why all the hysteria over one comment?

Apparently you've blocked me so why does it upset you so much? Scroll on and continue?
Bulldogs 4 Life posted about team news for the back 4. That's all it was team news about the back 4. You came along and compared this ONE AND FIRST update of team news of the back 4 to the injuries that liverpool had last season in their central defence.

There's no need for the comparison, nor was there any whinging by Bulldogs 4 Life, you did this purely as a troll.

You started the troll, so you can shut up about coach replying back to you with a troll.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there was a toxicity to United 3+ years back with player discontent (eg. Pogba, Shaw vs. Mourinho), terrible transfer policies (Fellaini, Mata, Di Maria, Falcao, Sanchez etc.), poor on field play, old boy pundits ripping the club, uncompetitive in the EPL and UCL, fan disillusionment, manager turnover etc.

under Solskjaer, things have improved --> players are happier, good young players are coming through, the transfers have been considerably better, a lot of the deadwood has been cut loose, the old boy pundits are loyal to OGS, OGS has been in the job now for over 3 years etc.

but the quality of play has not improved... I think Danny Blind's recent criticisms are valid as to United's recent successes being predominantly the result of player brilliance rather than anything related to preparation, tactics, team identity etc.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bulldogs 4 Life posted about team news for the back 4. That's all it was team news about the back 4. You came along and compared this ONE AND FIRST update of team news of the back 4 to the injuries that liverpool had last season in their central defence.

There's no need for the comparison, nor was there any whinging by Bulldogs 4 Life, you did this purely as a troll.

You started the troll, so you can shut up about coach replying back to you with a troll.
Honestly never seen such a bigger bunch of babies in my life. I point out facts about you boys complaining about injuries to your backs, and off you go in the deep end. Cry cry cry. Boo hoo hoo. It's absolutely pathetic, especially considering how you guys proudly and openly trolled the Liverpool page all last year.

Did @Bulldog_4_Life spit out the dummy? No. He replied normally and we had a normal convo about it. Why can't you two babies?

You make a big song and dance about hating people sharing #clowntakes, stupid information and trolling, but then apparently it's ok for @coach to do exactly that?

His pissweak effort at talking about facts using a bogus table and made up numbers is absolutely embarrassing. Why not just put your hands up and say he was wrong? What's the big deal?

Honestly think you guys should take some time away from this page as you're seriously getting wound up by absolutely everything. Time to grow up lads. You can't control every single conversation that goes on here.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either he's a troll account or he's part of the usual "Ole out" crew (to be fair he has shown some knowledge of United's history which the other trolls on this forum are ignorant of, so there is a possibility he's a legit user)

The "Ole out" crew are singing from the same hymn book, when you search United forums, their points are word for word the exact same thing and some of the reasons they give are so far detached from reality.

I'm on the "let's wait and see and give him this season as a chance" side of things.

Statements such as Mourinho would have done better than Ole are devoid of the fact that Mourinho still spent money and had a chance to build a side, he was fucking atrocious and set the club back rather than improve the club.

Ole came in and fixed all the fuck ups that Mourinho made.

We also had another "high profile" manager in LVG. LVG's transfers were abysmal and his style of play??? Well they all must have loved his "patterns of play".

Ole is not being given credit for assembling a very good squad of players and cutting away a lot of the deadwood (Mourinho amassed deadwood).

McFred - People are forgetting that 1. Mourinho loves McTominay 2. Mourinho signed Fred 3. Mourinho wanted Pogba out of the club

So again the "Ole out" crew are claiming that Mourinho would do so much more with this squad and wouldn't play McFred are living in some fucked up cuckoo land

And the last point I'll touch on at the moment, there are successful players/winners like Cavani, Ronaldo, and Varane who decided to sign for United with Ole as manager.
It's super nice of you to acknowledge i have some clue about United's history.

Things are looking up between us :grinning:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
there was a toxicity to United 3+ years back with player discontent (eg. Pogba, Shaw vs. Mourinho), terrible transfer policies (Fellaini, Mata, Di Maria, Falcao, Sanchez etc.), poor on field play, old boy pundits ripping the club, uncompetitive in the EPL and UCL, fan disillusionment, manager turnover etc.

under Solskjaer, things have improved --> players are happier, good young players are coming through, the transfers have been considerably better, a lot of the deadwood has been cut loose, the old boy pundits are loyal to OGS, OGS has been in the job now for over 3 years etc.

but the quality of play has not improved... I think Danny Blind's recent criticisms are valid as to United's recent successes being predominantly the result of player brilliance rather than anything related to preparation, tactics, team identity etc.
Pretty good take on the situation I think. @bullldog_4_life has talked about the man management skills of Ole and I don't think that can be argued. The amount of come from behind wins last year showed real character and togetherness which can't be denied. He has brought a really good attitude to the club.

Remember a lot of criticism from Liverpool fans directed towards Pogba and Bruno being lazy and not putting in for the team. No way was that true last year, and showed Ole really worked well with them on that front. Credit.

What you say about Danny Blind has been echoed by numerous commentators and I think it's a fair point.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The draw has been friendly, which makes our start average at best in my view.
The next 5 or so games are tough, aren't they?

Don't think anyone should write off United cause you never know in football. But, looking at the premier league and City, Chelsea and Liverpool it's hard to see how to win the league? That's the ultimate goal tho, especially considering you came 2nd last year

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty good take on the situation I think. @bullldog_4_life has talked about the man management skills of Ole and I don't think that can be argued. The amount of come from behind wins last year showed real character and togetherness which can't be denied. He has brought a really good attitude to the club.

Remember a lot of criticism from Liverpool fans directed towards Pogba and Bruno being lazy and not putting in for the team. No way was that true last year, and showed Ole really worked well with them on that front. Credit.

What you say about Danny Blind has been echoed by numerous commentators and I think it's a fair point.
If Danny Blind were to post on here, he would be labeled as an ignorant, shit talking troll.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The next 5 or so games are tough, aren't they?

Don't think anyone should write off United cause you never know in football. But, looking at the premier league and City, Chelsea and Liverpool it's hard to see how to win the league? That's the ultimate goal tho, especially considering you came 2nd last year
Ole has a history of winning when the knives are out for his job.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Danny Blind were to post on here, he would be labeled as an ignorant, shit talking troll.
Which is stupid in itself. Just don't get the complete opposition by some on here to healthy discussion.

What you, I and others is being presented by much more knowledgeable people than us, so why not discuss it?

Does that mean we're right? Hell no. Does that mean Ole can't turn things around? Hell no. Hope for your sake he does!

Point of this page is opinions. You're not all going to agree on everything.

Shit. Go look at the Liverpool thread. We argue about Matip, formations, tactical decisions. Everything. It's what it's all about. Opinions.

Just don't get this thread sometimes. A majority can discuss but two ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ole has a history of winning when the knives are out for his job.
Or the players have a history of winning for Ole when the knives are out for his job. Nothing wrong with that either and shows they're playing for him, but the club can only go so far and so long being like that imo

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly never seen such a bigger bunch of babies in my life. I point out facts about you boys complaining about injuries to your backs, and off you go in the deep end. Cry cry cry. Boo hoo hoo. It's absolutely pathetic, especially considering how you guys proudly and openly trolled the Liverpool page all last year.

Did @Bulldog_4_Life spit out the dummy? No. He replied normally and we had a normal convo about it. Why can't you two babies?

You make a big song and dance about hating people sharing #clowntakes, stupid information and trolling, but then apparently it's ok for @coach to do exactly that?

His pissweak effort at talking about facts using a bogus table and made up numbers is absolutely embarrassing. Why not just put your hands up and say he was wrong? What's the big deal?

Honestly think you guys should take some time away from this page as you're seriously getting wound up by absolutely everything. Time to grow up lads. You can't control every single conversation that goes on here.
Says the biggest fucking baby here

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Says the biggest fucking baby here
Haha. Ok.

Again. Things get pointed out to you in a normal way looking for a normal discussion and you can't do that.

You guys need to grow up. Seriously. Stop reading my posts. Simple.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Then you start bitching and complaining that people are ignoring your posts baby
Haha and you still go on and on and on.

Have another tantrum mate. The mods will be knocking on your door again in no time telling you to calm down.

Interesting that they've never once done that to me lol

What I will say tho, ignoring my posts is nothing. But ignoring posts of other United fans? That's not cool. Not cool at all.

You're so focused on this trolling thing you're alienating your own fans