Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When they first took over, fans were protesting their ownership and they said they were going to engage with fans and never once engaged with fans in 16 years.

They haven't put a single cent into Old Trafford or Carrington or new training grounds.

They have saddled us with debt.

They haven't supported the club in transfer windows in key transition stages.

The last 5 years or so, they've taken out massive dividends from the club while hardly repaying the debt.

The money they "bought" the club with, is the club paying off that debt, not them, they've hardly put any money of their own into buying or developing the club.
Come on mate. Let's be real here.

I'v said from the get go that you all should be more vocal to get those parasites out of your club. You don't need to explain to me how they're cancer. I know. Perhaps not to the full extent as you do obviously, but I do know.

That being said. They've spent big on players, and given each and every manager support to buy players. They've just bought the wrong ones.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
They've spent big on players, and given each and every manager support to buy players. They've just bought the wrong ones.
I’ll say this again. When you have a banker doing your transfer deals that’s why they have spent big.

Where are our scouts finding players over seas?
Why do they pay overs for every player?

glazers letter to the fans has put it in the limelight now if they don’t make changes expect more protests

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ll say this again. When you have a banker doing your transfer deals that’s why they have spent big.

Where are our scouts finding players over seas?
Why do they pay overs for every player?

glazers letter to the fans has put it in the limelight now if they don’t make changes expect more protests
Personally would find that letter a massive insult.

Whether the deals have been good or not you've spent massively. Can't argue that the club hasn't supported managers.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't argue that the club hasn't supported managers.
Stop spinning garbage. You've said you don't know our dealings as close as United fans do.

They haven't backed the club in transfers in key transition stages. That's simply a fact.

Then I can also add in the tightening of the purse strings under Ferguson, it was only Sir Alex's sheer genius we won with that squad

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stop spinning garbage. You've said you don't know our dealings as close as United fans do.

They haven't backed the club in transfers in key transition stages. That's simply a fact.

Then I can also add in the tightening of the purse strings under Ferguson, it was only Sir Alex's sheer genius we won with that squad
How am I talking garbage? All I'm saying is that you guys have been backed financially in the market. And you have. Which you've all said.

However, clearly the structures behind making those transfer decisions have been completely wrong leading you to paying overs or signing the wrong fit for your club.

The manager has been backed financially. You lot should really stop crying wolf over that.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How am I talking garbage? All I'm saying is that you guys have been backed financially in the market. And you have. Which you've all said.

However, clearly the structures behind making those transfer decisions have been completely wrong leading you to paying overs or signing the wrong fit for your club.

The manager has been backed financially. You lot should really stop crying wolf over that.
Again you don't know the ins and outs. You do know that Maguire was a target 2 seasons before we signed him and for much cheaper but guess who didn't back the manager

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Again you don't know the ins and outs. You do know that Maguire was a target 2 seasons before we signed him and for much cheaper but guess who didn't back the manager
Don’t speak truths to him mate, it doesn’t sink in
Bit special is tassie devil
Ole didn’t want van de Beek, just a Woodward signing

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Never for get lads

Man United gave up the opportunity to sign Harry Maguire from Hull City for a fee of £15 million in 2017, only to break the bank two seasons later and sign him for £80
Yep the Glazers have done the bare minimum for the top 4. They've only spent when we've missed out on top 4.

Take last season as another example, Sancho wanted to come to us, we wanted him, and Woodward claimed that the Glazers vetoed the deal, that the Glazers were not going to pay past a certain price. If we had Sancho we potentially end up 6 to 10 points closer to City and the title race goes down to the wire.

And frankly because of the lack of footballing know how we've made some fucking ridiculous signings, e.g

Schweinstieger at that age was always going to be a disaster
Alexis Sanchez was already showing signs of decline at Arsenal
Felliani panic buy when he actually could have been bough a week earlier for CHEAPER than what we paid

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep the Glazers have done the bare minimum for the top 4. They've only spent when we've missed out on top 4.

Take last season as another example, Sancho wanted to come to us, we wanted him, and Woodward claimed that the Glazers vetoed the deal, that the Glazers were not going to pay past a certain price. If we had Sancho we potentially end up 6 to 10 points closer to City and the title race goes down to the wire.

And frankly because of the lack of footballing know how we've made some fucking ridiculous signings, e.g

Alexis Sanchez was already showing signs of decline at Arsenal
Felliani panic buy when he actually could have been bough a week earlier for CHEAPER than what we paid
Get what you're saying and agree that your purchases have been very hit and miss. Without doubt your transfer committee or whatever you want to call it has been pretty poor. NOt disagreeing there.

But for people to highlight the club spending 80m on Maguire as a signal that the managers haven't been back is silly. A shitload of money has been spent on transfers at United, so the managers have been backed financially.

Where they haven't been backed is through a smart team behind them. People who know football. People who understand what your club need.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Get what you're saying and agree that your purchases have been very hit and miss. Without doubt your transfer committee or whatever you want to call it has been pretty poor. NOt disagreeing there.

But for people to highlight the club spending 80m on Maguire as a signal that the managers haven't been back is silly. A shitload of money has been spent on transfers at United, so the managers have been backed financially.

Where they haven't been backed is through a smart team behind them. People who know football. People who understand what your club need.
Which part of, if the glazers never took over, we could spend the 80 million on Maguire, the 50 million on wan bissaka and even more that particular window, don't you understand? We should have been able to spend EVEN MORE THAN THAT

And the 80 million on Maguire was after NEGLECTING that position for 8 years.

We still haven't got a right winger since Ferguson days.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Which part of, if the glazers never took over, we could spend the 80 million on Maguire, the 50 million on wan bissaka and even more that particular window, don't you understand? We should have been able to spend EVEN MORE THAN THAT

And the 80 million on Maguire was after NEGLECTING that position for 8 years.

We still haven't got a right winger since Ferguson days.
So, if I understand correctly.

You're telling me spending 130m on two players isn't backing the manager?

Just so it's clear to me.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, if I understand correctly.

You're telling me spending 130m on two players isn't backing the manager?

Just so it's clear to me.
If you have neglected those positions for years and make panic buys at audacious prices (they could've bought Maguire for 20 mill two seasons before) because your club has missed out on top 4, hence champions league revenue, is that backing the manager or looking for a quick fix to try and get top 4?

Backing the manager involves PLANNING NOT panic buys

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you have neglected those positions for years and make panic buys at audacious prices (they could've bought Maguire for 20 mill two seasons before) because your club has missed out on top 4, hence champions league revenue, is that backing the manager or looking for a quick fix to try and get top 4?

Backing the manager involves PLANNING NOT panic buys
Fair point though ...

Clearly behidn the scenes United is a bit of a mess. You're generating so much money you really should be better run on the football side of things, so I can understand the frustration.

Just find it humorous hearing the complaints about managers not being properly backed when you spend 130m on two players. Madness really.

Yes. Yes. I get they should've done a lot more, but every club could say that. Pep was saying he needed more players last year but didn't get them. Klopp the same this year. Football is business and it's never going to be the case that managers get what they want or need each time.

The fact that big money has been spent on players says a lot to me. Financially your managers have been backed.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
The fact that big money has been spent on players says a lot to me. Financially your managers have been backed.
This is the issue. They wouldn’t of had to be backed so much each time if there was a fucking football director telling the club who to buy and not managers coming in.

I love schweinstieger I have a jersey with his name but honestly he should of never come
He loved United as a kid and his brother is his manager and got him the transfer through his connections

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is the issue. They wouldn’t of had to be backed so much each time if there was a fucking football director telling the club who to buy and not managers coming in.

I love schweinstieger I have a jersey with his name but honestly he should of never come
He loved United as a kid and his brother is his manager and got him the transfer through his connections
Yeah. Fair point.

Think you boys are pretty close to challenging. Tho Chelsea and City have an outstanding squad. And will only add to it next year.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maguire injured, first minutes his missed in PL since singing
That’s an incredible effort
Always concede first goal, need to do something there
But our mentality Is u score 1 we will score 3
Ole has turned our attitude into winners, no matter the circumstance we think we can get out of it
Shows great character
Will miss Maguire hopefully not to bad of injury
Excellent 3 points, top 4 secured
Not to rest a few troops