Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If that's true then I really question whether Ole is the right guy for you. You're Man United. You win trophies. What would Roy Keane be saying, huh?

Top 4 is already done. You've got that in the bag. You're opponents in the EL are rubbish. And that's not for a while anyway. It's international break coming up. But you need to rest players

Gotta try and win whatever is in front of you. Truth be told the EL is yours to lose so I do expect you to win that but ...

The line "Focusing on top 4 and EL" doesn't sit with me, nor should it with you.

*Talking about United here, not Liverpool before you jump in with the comparisons etc
I dont think this is on Ole, it's on the players.

Ole has a busy schedule coming up he needs to take risks and rest certain players and as coach pointed out we've had a bit of an injury problem recently, rashford, pogba, cavani, Martial

Fred was atrocious this morning, absolutely fucking atrocious. We definitely need a CM to partner Pogba. McFred should be backup.

Martial returns from injury but his form has been shit this year and the massive interest we're showing in Haaland suggests the clubs had enough of Martial.

VDB won't last long with us, the wrong signing completely, I reckon he'll leave us after next season because of lack of opportunities. And he was rumoured to be a Woodward signing NOT an Ole signing

De Gea is still safely our number 1, Henderson has had his run in the 1st team and imo has failed. We also at some stage needed to answer this question during the season, ie which one to keep

Basically our backups were shit and even though there weren't many of them, they were that bad they affected the teams play. When Bruno came on, immediately we were more dangerous. There's a large drop off from Bruno to VDB.

Pogba is also not fit yet.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hahah how can’t handle it now
I comment on Liverpool thread and cop the same mate
Try and have a conversation on there and your mate, the dopey one does the same and you jump in his pocket
Can’t have it both ways tiger
Can’t expect respect here when you and dopey show none there

Black pots and kettles
Handle what? I just am talking about United but you can't do that? What's there I can't handle?

I've talked to you about Liverpool plenty of times mate. Plenty of times. Not sure what you're on about?

Get that you've got this running battle with 'the dopey one' as you say, so I generally don't get involved in that other than laugh at the fact he keeps reeling you in.

You haven't answered anything I put forward to you about United other than to talk about Liverpool. It's not possible to talk about United without making comparisons? Yet to see it personally.

As I said. Was put out there that Liverpool fans get triggered too easily but ... look what you've just done. I made a genuine comment actually talking up United and saying that you deserve more and then ...

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Handle what? I just am talking about United but you can't do that? What's there I can't handle?

I've talked to you about Liverpool plenty of times mate. Plenty of times. Not sure what you're on about?

Get that you've got this running battle with 'the dopey one' as you say, so I generally don't get involved in that other than laugh at the fact he keeps reeling you in.

You haven't answered anything I put forward to you about United other than to talk about Liverpool. It's not possible to talk about United without making comparisons? Yet to see it personally.

As I said. Was put out there that Liverpool fans get triggered too easily but ... look what you've just done. I made a genuine comment actually talking up United and saying that you deserve more and then ...
Weren’t talking us up mate
You were trying to put us up there with the “best” knowing full well the chance of winning is still a very low percent
And when we don’t win you lay the boot in....
We’re not silly mate

Just setting yourself up to lay the slipper in
Nothing more nothing less lol
And nothing less than expected from you blokes

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Weren’t talking us up mate
You were trying to put us up there with the “best” knowing full well the chance of winning is still a very low percent
And when we don’t win you lay the boot in....
We’re not silly mate

Just setting yourself up to lay the slipper in
Nothing more nothing less lol
And nothing less than expected from you blokes
Laying the slipper in? Not at all. YOu've read that completely wrong, though that really isn't a surprise.

It's already been established that you really don't know how I think mate, nor that you actually listen to what I say ... so you trying to 'read my mind' or 'put words in my mouth' is pretty silly. Stop acting like you actually know. You don't. Get over yourself.

When did I lay the boot in? Did I come in and say anything about your performance? Did I make any comments when you lost to other teams of late? In fact, I was the only one who said you had a chance of beating City ... and look what happened.

I was simply surprised that you mentioned Ole was resting players for the EL and EPL when I think he should be going all guns blazing for all trophies. You need to win one as doing so would bring you to another level. Simple. You're Man United. Maybe you need to remember that?

You spend your time chasing ghosts on here mate. Trying to make out you know what people are saying, and why they're saying it. Maybe you should focus on actually discussing the points, rather than tarnishing all people with the same brush which is exactly what you're doing with me.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dont think this is on Ole, it's on the players.

Ole has a busy schedule coming up he needs to take risks and rest certain players and as coach pointed out we've had a bit of an injury problem recently, rashford, pogba, cavani, Martial

Fred was atrocious this morning, absolutely fucking atrocious. We definitely need a CM to partner Pogba. McFred should be backup.

Martial returns from injury but his form has been shit this year and the massive interest we're showing in Haaland suggests the clubs had enough of Martial.

VDB won't last long with us, the wrong signing completely, I reckon he'll leave us after next season because of lack of opportunities. And he was rumoured to be a Woodward signing NOT an Ole signing

De Gea is still safely our number 1, Henderson has had his run in the 1st team and imo has failed. We also at some stage needed to answer this question during the season, ie which one to keep

Basically our backups were shit and even though there weren't many of them, they were that bad they affected the teams play. When Bruno came on, immediately we were more dangerous. There's a large drop off from Bruno to VDB.

Pogba is also not fit yet.
A reasonable, well-thought out reply. I like it.

Can understand that actually. He's gotta rest players at some point as at this time of year you can't have players out. So ... in that sense I can get it.

International break now though. Perfect time to play players imo as not all will be going on international duty.

You desperately need to win a trophy this year. DESPERATELY. I hope you don't :grinning: but if you do I truly think that'll elevate you to the point of having enough confidence of goign to the next level. So, I find it really strange that Ole didn't go all out.

As for it being on the players? Ole apparently decided to rest key players in a massive game. He made that choice, so it's on him. Yes, players let him down, but he put them there.

Of course you need more players. Your squad isn't strong enough. Of course. But I honestly don't think you'll get a better chance of winning trophies than this year.

Opportunity missed imo.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A reasonable, well-thought out reply. I like it.

Can understand that actually. He's gotta rest players at some point as at this time of year you can't have players out. So ... in that sense I can get it.

International break now though. Perfect time to play players imo as not all will be going on international duty.

You desperately need to win a trophy this year. DESPERATELY. I hope you don't :grinning: but if you do I truly think that'll elevate you to the point of having enough confidence of goign to the next level. So, I find it really strange that Ole didn't go all out.

As for it being on the players? Ole apparently decided to rest key players in a massive game. He made that choice, so it's on him. Yes, players let him down, but he put them there.

Of course you need more players. Your squad isn't strong enough. Of course. But I honestly don't think you'll get a better chance of winning trophies than this year.

Opportunity missed imo.
Winning EL or top 4 guarantee a champions league place which is extra revenue

Winning the FA cup does not bring anywhere near the revenue of CL. And this sets up our transfer strategy for next season.

While fans may moan about winning a trophy, I understand the predicament the club/Ole is in. They need the CL revenue so the FA cup becomes last choice.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Winning EL or top 4 guarantee a champions league place which is extra revenue

Winning the FA cup does not bring anywhere near the revenue of CL. And this sets up our transfer strategy for next season.

While fans may moan about winning a trophy, I understand the predicament the club/Ole is in. They need the CL revenue so the FA cup becomes last choice.
Yeah. Can understand that but can't help but feel your club needs a trophy more than anything. If this is the reason for not playing certain players, I think it's a massive gamble and I'm shocked tbh as you're a massive club with massive revenue. You shouldn't have to priortise one competition over another because of the amount of money you may or may not win.

YOu guys have top 4 in the bag. Seriously. I was looking at this yesterday and thinking if there's any chance of getting 4th (Liverpool). We're 5 points off 4th, and 9 points off 3rd. Didn't even bother looking at United but you're over 10 points off us? No way you'll drop that.

Anyway. I can see waht you're saying. But I'm a little shocked you're really talking in such a way. What's become of UNited that you've gotta worry about revenue? Surely this can't be true?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah. Can understand that but can't help but feel your club needs a trophy more than anything. If this is the reason for not playing certain players, I think it's a massive gamble and I'm shocked tbh as you're a massive club with massive revenue. You shouldn't have to priortise one competition over another because of the amount of money you may or may not win.

YOu guys have top 4 in the bag. Seriously. I was looking at this yesterday and thinking if there's any chance of getting 4th (Liverpool). We're 5 points off 4th, and 9 points off 3rd. Didn't even bother looking at United but you're over 10 points off us? No way you'll drop that.

Anyway. I can see waht you're saying. But I'm a little shocked you're really talking in such a way. What's become of UNited that you've gotta worry about revenue? Surely this can't be true?
Top 4 is NOT in the bag until it's in the bag mathematically

And having money is NOT enough to sign top players, top players want champions league football.

The club must prioritise and Ole has stated long ago that this is a long term project.

Tactically and coaching wise he may be a bit lacking (but the right support staff can fix this) but signing targets, he's going the right way.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Top 4 is NOT in the bag until it's in the bag mathematically

And having money is NOT enough to sign top players, top players want champions league football.

The club must prioritise and Ole has stated long ago that this is a long term project.

Tactically and coaching wise he may be a bit lacking (but the right support staff can fix this) but signing targets, he's going the right way.
Fair points. Don't agree about top 4 but can understand giving it priority.

Players aren't goign to sign with a club, top top players that is, unless they feel that that club is goign to win things. If you go through this year without any trophy then being in the CL won't mean a whole lot of difference imo.

Haaland would be an amazing purchase for you, but can't see him going anywhere BUT City. The only chance you lot have is if you win some trophies and show that you're truly turning the corner.

You're playing a very risky game here imo. Is it a successful year if you get into the top 4? But win no trophies?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
who? city? please those ***** couldn't fill a stadium pre covid.

the only thing im jealous of city is there business structure and the amount of money they invest in training grounds and youth set ups
Love it. And you're right to think that way

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Huge game that........

Massive win big 3 points with Leicester and city dropping points
Great to have cavani pogba back

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched the last 30 minutes and Fred was absolutely diabolical. Giving the ball away so needlessly. Starting to become my most hated player here.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watched the last 30 minutes and Fred was absolutely diabolical. Giving the ball away so needlessly. Starting to become my most hated player here.
From memory he had a shocker the previous game? Good win by your lads. Yes, you didn't play well but who gives a shit. Result is all that matters. Top 4 is now guaranteed so gives you an advantage also in transfer talks.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Martial out for season
Can’t see cavani stating fit for all remaining games
Rashford injured
Guna struggle up front which isn’t good news for Europa

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Martial out for season
Can’t see cavani stating fit for all remaining games
Rashford injured
Guna struggle up front which isn’t good news for Europa
Bloody hell.

Bailly copped Covid whilst on international duty. That is the 5th or 6th time he has returned from representing IC and come back unable to play.

Also - France played down the injury to Martial when it was reported. When our medical staff got a hold of him, it was revealed to be much worse than originally advised. In doubt for Euros too - which is a shame. But, if im honest, that could be the last we see of him. Not showing the guile in front of goal that we need of a number 9. Throw the bloody check book at Haaland. Give Martial as part of the package.

Cavani needs minutes in his lungs after an extended spell out. Rashford and Greenwood going to have to share that top spot together - and full credit to Dan James. In a good spell at the minute, and providing some impetus for us.

Fred has been in poor form of late. TF we have Pogback.

Lastly - we've got to talk about that non-penalty. He either disguised it really well, or that is another blemish for VAR. I would be dirty if we did not get that tbh. But... we'll take it!

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bloody hell.

Bailly copped Covid whilst on international duty. That is the 5th or 6th time he has returned from representing IC and come back unable to play.

Also - France played down the injury to Martial when it was reported. When our medical staff got a hold of him, it was revealed to be much worse than originally advised. In doubt for Euros too - which is a shame. But, if im honest, that could be the last we see of him. Not showing the guile in front of goal that we need of a number 9. Throw the bloody check book at Haaland. Give Martial as part of the package.

Cavani needs minutes in his lungs after an extended spell out. Rashford and Greenwood going to have to share that top spot together - and full credit to Dan James. In a good spell at the minute, and providing some impetus for us.

Fred has been in poor form of late. TF we have Pogback.

Lastly - we've got to talk about that non-penalty. He either disguised it really well, or that is another blemish for VAR. I would be dirty if we did not get that tbh. But... we'll take it!
That was a penalty no doubt about it and should have been a red for slab head