Malla

Reaction score
Just signed Robinho from Real..
GO YOU TOO THINGS!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hell yeah Malla!

I can't believe we signed Robinho. It came out of nowhere. IMO a way better signing than Ronaldinho.

And SWP is finally back home!

I'm a bit concerned about the central midfield depth though and Elano not playing so much.

Plus, it seems like we have way too many defenders now.

Malla

Reaction score
I'd say Robinho was signed for the sole purpose of the fact we've lacked alot in attack. Anelka didn't do much back in the day, even when Fowler came over he just flopped. SWP as you said is back home, and will shine again for the club. He never took off at Cheslea - too many show ponys in that team.
Anyway, looks good for the rest of the year I hope we can finish in the top 5.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well with Robinho and Jo, plus Benjani, we have some good attacking firepower.

Hopefully Robinho can make the transition to the much more physical English game which many foreign players, especially South American players, don't make. Sometimes a whole bunch of brilliant players can kill it on the continent, yet when they move to England, they just can't handle the style of play.

Malla

Reaction score
Truth. He's still young, and as far as I saw he didn't ever 'settle' at Real so hopefully he comes across willing and motivated. Big year man can't wait for the derby!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Truth. He's still young, and as far as I saw he didn't ever 'settle' at Real so hopefully he comes across willing and motivated. Big year man can't wait for the derby!!
Hopefully we can fluke two results like we did last year! Haha.

Although maybe this year it won't be as much of a lucky win where we snatch the game completely against the run of play like the two games last season.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Robinho had no choice. It was either ManC or stay put at Real Madrid. He wanted to join Chelsea no doubt about that. But Real weren't stupid enough to sell him to a team that can win the Champions League.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
whats with the sudden bandwagon for man ****teh?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
these guys must mean business :confused:

New Manchester City boss Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim is considering a $240 million bid for Manchester United superstar Ronaldo during the next transfer window in January, Arabian Business can reveal.

Al Fahim – who through Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment has taken control of the club – has outlined his “dream team” in an interview to be published in Arabian Business magazine on Sunday.

The Hydra Properties CEO, who has already beaten Chelsea to the signature of Brazilian star Robinho in a $61mn swoop, revealed that snatching Ronaldo from arch rivals Manchester United is the top priority.

“Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious.

"Real Madrid were estimating his value at $160 million but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more, I would think $240 million.

"But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United.”

In the interview, conducted moments after the historic signing of the deal to buy the club, Al Fahim also reveals his wish list – Liverpool’s Fernando Torres and Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas are also seen as potential targets.

“We’re not just going to spend money on anyone, but if we can get the biggest players in the world, and of course if the manager wants them, then we will get them,” he said.

It is thought a transfer fund totalling $450 million has been allocated for the next two seasons, by which time is “expected” that the club will be as successful on the pitch as Manchester United and Chelsea.

Man City secure shock $61.6mn Robinho deal
Abu Dhabi money funds beat Chelsea to Brazilian signature

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Despite late attempts to hijack Manchester United's bid to sign Dimitar Berbatov eventually coming to nothing - though forcing Sir Alex Ferguson to meet Tottenham's £30 million valuation of the player - and a massive bid for Valencia striker David Villa failing, the £33.5 million spent of Brazlian striker Robinho, who had been expected to join Chelsea, was greeted with barely concealed wonder by City manager Mark Hughes.

"It's been one hell of a day," said Hughes.

"It's a huge statement of intent. A lot of credit has got to go to Dr Thaksin (Shinawatra, the club's current chairman and owner) for being able to bring the Abu Dhabi company to the table and this huge investment that is going to go forward.

"They wanted to present something to the people of Manchester and they have been able to do that.

"It's a fantastic signing for us. If we're going to get to the places we want to get to we are going to have to compete against outstanding teams. We have to attract world-class players and that is what we have done.

"He is an exceptional talent and opposition teams are going to fear him."

As one of the most senior members of Abu Dhabi’s ruling family, Sheikh Mansour is synonymous with the $1 trillion wealth at the oil-rich emirate’s disposal, and has a personal fortune estimated to run into billions of pounds.

Last week, City sounded out Liverpool about a £45 million deal for Fernando Torres and, as well as bids for Villa and Berbatov, Stuttgart’s Mario Gomez was also the subject of a substatial offer.

Abu Dhabi United Group, who considered investing in Newcastle, Liverpool and Arsenal, agreed a deal to buy 90 per cent of City in what is a private transaction rather than a sovereign wealth investment.

The agreement allows the previous owner, Thaksin Shinawatra, to remain at Eastlands on the board as honorary president “without administrative responsibilities”, while retaining a 10 per cent share in the club. The deal began to take shape last month when Thaksin, who bought Manchester City for £81.6 million last July, let potential investors know that he wanted to sell his stake. It was completed in principle late on Sunday night and City said in a statement that a “memorandum of understanding” had been signed with the deal subject to due diligence.

“The agreement has been reached, but we still have to get some approvals,” said ADUG board member Sulaiman Al Fahim. “It is really about formalities. It is more about securing approval from the authorities in England. I don’t foresee any problems with the club itself.”

Al Fahim plans to travel to England shortly to meet Premier League officials and intends to bring in several new board members in the next four months.

It is expected that Al Fahim will take a place on the board, with manager Mark Hughes having already been informed that the club’s target will be finishing in the top four and qualification for the Champions League. In the long term, the aim is to win both the Premier and Champions Leagues. The example of Abramovich has been closely studied and ADUG are prepared to spend in excess of the £600 million that Chelsea’s Russian owner has spent in gathering five trophies, including two Premier League titles, during his five years at Stamford Bridge.

“Funds are available — we are serious,” Al Fahim said. “Our idea is to bring in more players during the next transfer window. I don’t want to put a figure on what will be available, like £100 million - more than that might be needed.

“I like to have a challenge and looked at Manchester City as a club where you can add a lot and make them into one of the top four clubs.”

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol trying to get ronaldo aint an easy feat. ask real madrid.

btw he wont go 2 any other english team, he wants spainn

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
whats with the sudden bandwagon for man ****teh?
I hope you don't mean me Oz. I've been a City fan for a long time, even when we were back in the old Nationwide League (Championship) and we have Paul Dic*ov and Shaun Goater and nevilles like them. Even when Danny Tiatto played for us.

QPR are my other team as I was born in the area as a kid and that was the first team jersey I ever had which my Uncle gave to me.

But it is going to be annoying seeing all these badwagoners jump on now because of the players we are signing and the money and hype around the club now. Oh well, if that all brings success, I won't mind. :D

Malla

Reaction score
I've been a City fan for years. No bandwagon here.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
it always happens in football, look at chelsea, most ppl jumped on em when the russian billionaire(can't spell name) bought em, there were equivilant of newcastle, then when he bought em and brought in new players every1 jumped on board b4 that it was just liverpool, arsenal and man utd. happens mostly in USA and aus, they mainly back the teams that go well, prob majority of em wouldn't know about clubs like leistershire, nottingham etc

A

Al.Bundy

How many times did the Citizens win the derby last year again? :D

I'm pretty sure there was a bit of singning going on then after our first win at Old Trafford in 31 years or so.
Yeah, I have heard a few Citeh "fans" gloating about taking 6 points off us last season.

I was so cut, we only managed to with the title and the champions league. I still can't get over the failure that was last season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, I have heard a few Citeh "fans" gloating about taking 6 points off us last season.

I was so cut, we only managed to with the title and the champions league. I still can't get over the failure that was last season.
ROFL. Smartass. You know you were cut losing those two games at the time.

A

Al.Bundy

ROFL. Smartass. You know you were cut losing those two games at the time.
Yeah, I was cut and shocked.

Check this post out at Red Cafe...

http://www.redcafe.net/f6/abu-dhabi-boss-plans-ronaldo-swoop-216578/#post5084129

Red Cafe said:
Yeah, its like when you are playing a football manager game, it is more satisfying bringing a team up from obscurity. And lets be honest, City are nothing if not obscure.

For most people there is the PS2. For those with money to spend there is the PS3. And for oil tycoons there is Man City.

Status
Not open for further replies.