Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
BAHAHA!!

You all laughed at me months ago when I said it has gone stale.

Klopp is done out here.
Nah. While I think he's gotta grow and evolve he's gotta be backed and stay.

Too loyal without doubt. let's hope he gets the next window right

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's a quite going around of a quote by the CEO of Dortmund at the time Klopp left where he said something along the lines that they should've sacked the entire team before Klopp.

Agree with this at Liverpool. We honestly need 4-5 first reamers at least, let's see how he goes after that.

Calling for him to be sacked. Silly stuff that.

He's not beyond criticism at all, but to be sacked?

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's a quite going around of a quote by the CEO of Dortmund at the time Klopp left where he said something along the lines that they should've sacked the entire team before Klopp.

Agree with this at Liverpool. We honestly need 4-5 first reamers at least, let's see how he goes after that.

Calling for him to be sacked. Silly stuff that.

He's not beyond criticism at all, but to be sacked?
use just need an overhaul of your squad and rebuild which will take time but use should of planned for this at least 2 years ago

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
use just need an overhaul of your squad and rebuild which will take time but use should of planned for this at least 2 years ago
Completely agree. We dropped the ball no doubt mate. Just shocking how we left ourselves but ...

In saying that we were that close to getting all 4 trophies last year. That close. We've been doing something right which makes it all that more frustrating

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Completely agree. We dropped the ball no doubt mate. Just shocking how we left ourselves but ...

In saying that we were that close to getting all 4 trophies last year. That close. We've been doing something right which makes it all that more frustrating
yeah it doesn't make sense

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yeah it doesn't make sense
I get that we've got an aging squad. I understand that we're simply not good enough this year. OK.

But to fall off the cliff like we did is absurd to me. Doesn't make sense and no one could've predicted we'd fall this much.

It is what it is though and all we can do is go forward.

How you feeling about your boys?

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get that we've got an aging squad. I understand that we're simply not good enough this year. OK.

But to fall off the cliff like we did is absurd to me. Doesn't make sense and no one could've predicted we'd fall this much.

It is what it is though and all we can do is go forward.

How you feeling about your boys?
I think we're still favourites like to be in this position now without our main striker in jesus is pretty amazing. I think once we get past Leicester this weekend and hopefully win that.
we should have partey and jesus back after that and hopefully go on a run of wins to make a significant gap on city

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we're still favourites like to be in this position now without our main striker in jesus is pretty amazing. I think once we get past Leicester this weekend and hopefully win that.
we should have partey and jesus back after that and hopefully go on a run of wins to make a significant gap on city
Gotta give you credit. Thought without him you'd be nothing but you've done well. As has United in all honesty. Crazy year.

I think not signing that Brighton lad is going to come back to haunt you tbh.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gotta give you credit. Thought without him you'd be nothing but you've done well. As has United in all honesty. Crazy year.

I think not signing that Brighton lad is going to come back to haunt you tbh.
maybe but caicedo isn't worth 80 mil or more we're better off saving those funds for the summer and get rice or someone else plus jorginho hasnt been that bad for us as a partey replacement.

one thing I've noticed is we have more home games to play than away games left in the league which is more of an advantage to us considering we're pretty solid at home

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
maybe but caicedo isn't worth 80 mil or more we're better off saving those funds for the summer and get rice or someone else plus jorginho hasnt been that bad for us as a partey replacement.

one thing I've noticed is we have more home games to play than away games left in the league which is more of an advantage to us considering we're pretty solid at home
I agree about him not being 'worth' the 80m but the whole market has changed. It's mental. Look at what Chelsea were and will spend. United with Anthony.

It's goign to be a very interesting run in. I'd say City are favourites personally but they've really fallen themselves ... clearly not as much as Liverpool though!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lots of talk after that game about who to get rid.

I'd say:

Kelleher (he wants to leave)
Adrian
Matip
Phillips
Williams
Gomez (we won't get rid of him AND Matip though)
Milner
Keita
Jones (loan)
Elliott (loan)
Carvalho (loan)
Milner
Keita
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Firmino

Most would say Fabinho, which I'd agree to but I just don't think he'll leave but will stay to provide competition

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who would you sign? I'd say we need 4 starters at least on top of competition at GK and RB.

So, 3 starting midfielders + a CB.

Bellingham
Nunes
Mount
Gvardiol

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t even know what t9 say to describe this team anymore
klopps lost the playing group, we’re full strength and still playing garbage
only have to look at his time managing elsewhere and it’s clear he runs out of ideas, thanks for everything kloppy but time to go I’m afraid
it’s not like we’ve got a shit team, is say best attacking options in the epl
It's a chain reaction, Klopp's pressing and mental game is struggling at the moment as a result of the team's extreme competitiveness last season on all fronts followed by way too many injuries and players playing in difficult environment while attempting to regain form,
Sometimes it takes only one player to change a team just look at what Casemiro has done to united.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of talk after that game about who to get rid.

I'd say:

Kelleher (he wants to leave)
Adrian
Matip
Phillips
Williams
Gomez (we won't get rid of him AND Matip though)
Milner
Keita
Jones (loan)
Elliott (loan)
Carvalho (loan)
Milner
Keita
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Firmino

Most would say Fabinho, which I'd agree to but I just don't think he'll leave but will stay to provide competition
I agree on all but one Firmino, somehow I still believe he could offer experience off the bench.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Klopp's fault. Edwards left because he kept being overruled by Klopp on decisions around the squad.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klopp's fault. Edwards left because he kept being overruled by Klopp on decisions around the squad.
well that was a stupid decision considering every team goes through a rebuild phase at least once every 5 to 10 years

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who would you sign? I'd say we need 4 starters at least on top of competition at GK and RB.

So, 3 starting midfielders + a CB.

Bellingham
Nunes
Mount
Gvardiol
You wont see me arguing...
But does any of the above have the organising skills strong defence and aggression all tolled into one, a la Casemiro ?

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It could well be but...
No one will ever know unless someone comes out clarify the situation !
We all know what the media is like especially the English :worried: