Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're right tbh. Trying to look for the positives of this but honestly can't find them.
I'm not liking this Klopp development in regards to recruitment, was rumoured to be an issue with Edwards with them clashing in regards to players and now it looks to be the same thing with Ward. Klopp seems to have as much control as ever in terms of recruitment and people at the club in this area aren't happy. I know damn well that Ward wanted Nunes and Klopp didn't. Edwards wanted Hendo gone yet Klopp gave him an upgraded deal. Players leaving on a free. Signings outside our usual model like Thiago and Darwin. We aren't data driven like we were before....much more emotional now and that's got Klopps fingerprints all over it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not liking this Klopp development in regards to recruitment, was rumoured to be an issue with Edwards with them clashing in regards to players and now it looks to be the same thing with Ward. Klopp seems to have as much control as ever in terms of recruitment and people at the club in this area aren't happy. I know damn well that Ward wanted Nunes and Klopp didn't. Edwards wanted Hendo gone yet Klopp gave him an upgraded deal. Players leaving on a free. Signings outside our usual model like Thiago and Darwin. We aren't data driven like we were before....much more emotional now and that's got Klopps fingerprints all over it.
In all honesty, I don't know what to make of it.

Has to be a sign of new management you'd imagine? And we had to change direction I think?

But ... I believe it would've been more about backing people like this with money rather than getting rid of them, surely?

I don't know, I'll put my hands up and say that I really have no idea what this means for LFC.

I guess we'll find out soon enough, but losing them to UNited as you say or someone else would seem a blow for the club.

Let's be honest. We bought Ox and Kieta with the same model too, no? We can't just blame Klopp for everything, but I see what you're saying about Hendo and also Milner.

Time will tell I guess?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
More like if FSG isn't around.
Who knows. But we can't succeed with the current model.

Losing these key backroom staff is related to FSG and their decision, it seems anyway, to not back them and hand too much power to Klopp.

So, only way we can turn it around is with new owners?

I don't think it's the end of the world to lose them, but it's definitely not a good sign either

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ian Graham another possibly on the way out. Article also mentioned that Klopp has taken a more hands on approach with recruitment over the last 12 months....I had a feeling this was happening and it explains a few things. Feel like this is the beginning of the end.
The beginning of the end will be when Klopp leaves. The guy assembled a not to shabby roster at Dortmund, some,of whom have gone on to become world class stars.
Trust Klopp, he is brilliant manager when it comes to identifying and developing talented young players.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who knows. But we can't succeed with the current model.

Losing these key backroom staff is related to FSG and their decision, it seems anyway, to not back them and hand too much power to Klopp.

So, only way we can turn it around is with new owners?

I don't think it's the end of the world to lose them, but it's definitely not a good sign either
Except we did succeed with the current model and won things City with their infinite spending could not. We've won pretty much everything possible and were only moments away from winning more. The issue is we've gone away from the model that worked so well and let the club stagnate. Where are all the Salah, Mane, Robbo, Jota, etc type signings? Where's all the Ibe, Solanke, Brewster, etc type sales? We haven't done that, instead we've signed players outside the model and held onto others for way too long. Our business just hasn't been all that good since Covid.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Except we did succeed with the current model and won things City with their infinite spending could not. We've won pretty much everything possible and were only moments away from winning more. The issue is we've gone away from the model that worked so well and let the club stagnate. Where are all the Salah, Mane, Robbo, Jota, etc type signings? Where's all the Ibe, Solanke, Brewster, etc type sales? We haven't done that, instead we've signed players outside the model and held onto others for way too long. Our business just hasn't been all that good since Covid.
While I agree these staff members and FSG were a part of that shift away from that successful formula.

The 'sell to buy' model is simply not possible in this day and age, so FSG can never really be successful or competitive anymore. It's sad as they entered believing in FFP etc but it's a joke now with city and Newcastle.

We don't talk enough the sales tbh as our decision making letting ox and Keita leave on a free is nuts.

We can't blame Klopp for everything

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The beginning of the end will be when Klopp leaves. The guy assembled a not to shabby roster at Dortmund, some,of whom have gone on to become world class stars.
Trust Klopp, he is brilliant manager when it comes to identifying and developing talented young players.
You could argue that players like mane and Salah weren't actually his choice tho.

I prefer the manager not being so directly involved in all the signings personally. Of course they need a say but

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
While I agree these staff members and FSG were a part of that shift away from that successful formula.

The 'sell to buy' model is simply not possible in this day and age, so FSG can never really be successful or competitive anymore. It's sad as they entered believing in FFP etc but it's a joke now with city and Newcastle.

We don't talk enough the sales tbh as our decision making letting ox and Keita leave on a free is nuts.

We can't blame Klopp for everything
It is possible though, we're just not executing it. Spending more money doesn't mean more success and there's plenty of worse owners out there, owners were likely going to get.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is possible though, we're just not executing it. Spending more money doesn't mean more success and there's plenty of worse owners out there, owners were likely going to get.
I don't think it's possible.

We need to spend more than just sales. We do.

I'm with you that it can and should be done better but having to look at which players to sell before buying isn't great.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think it's possible.

We need to spend more than just sales. We do.

I'm with you that it can and should be done better but having to look at which players to sell before buying isn't great.
We do spend more than sales..