Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
No, Bobby has been dropping into midfield for years holding up the ball linking up play yet he was a total liability yesterday. Fabinho was rubbish, terrible. Did nothing to break up play, always out of position, not covering runners, etc. The Trent thing is stupid, midfield was by far an away the big issue and why other areas of our game were exposed.
Ok - I'll try this really slowly. Midfield was an issue because Fulham played over our heads in attack and pressed hard in D. The angle balls that we played against ManC were covered. Why, coz Fulham played outside in.

We looked better when we played up the sidelines and the mids came out to create triangles. The outside in didn't work because we had numbers up the sidelines because the mids would move in to cover the centre.

Fulham tactically planned to take out Fab/Thiago and we didn't compensate until after halftime. Well played. Bobby is a by product of that because he's swamped if he gets it and has no out at that point.

But hey - u think TAA wasn't an issue - you obviously know more than me.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One game in lads. One game in.

Get the frustration with the result, but we'll improve from it.

Lots of questions asked about our tactics, and fair enough, but I have to agree with Klopp and call out the attitude of the players.

We were second best to a majority of the battles, especially in the first half. They seemed to walk out onto the pitch thinking they had already won, and it showed.

We were beat to everything across the park. The reality is tho it's only one game in.

We'll learn from this

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Still fuming, half our fucking midfield is already injured and we're only 1 game in. Buy a fucking midfielder.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
9 on the books. Ox, Jones and Thiago. Naby is sick and is due back anytime. Jones could be days or weeks with a calf strain. Thiago is unknown and Ox for a while not that he's playing prem league anyway unless we're desperate.

Far from panic stations yet.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
9 on the books. Ox, Jones and Thiago. Naby is sick and is due back anytime. Jones could be days or weeks with a calf strain. Thiago is unknown and Ox for a while not that he's playing prem league anyway unless we're desperate.

Far from panic stations yet.
Not good enough, not reliable enough or not experienced enough. It's the CB situation all over again.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Liverpool have so many sick notes in their roster haha. City are walking the league again, Pep always signs the fittest and hungriest players.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Liverpool have so many sick notes in their roster haha. City are walking the league again, Pep always signs the fittest and hungriest players.
Haaland is literally injured half the time

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Haaland is literally injured half the time
Played 67 of 85 games for Dortmund. That's 79% of games. Scored 62 goals. I'd take that record anyday.

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would love to see us play a 4-2-3-1 system..with nunez up top and Diaz,bobby and mo..fabinho and Hendo as the dual 6s...although it was only the first game there was far too much backwards and sideways passing from our midfield 3..unfortunately half the side had their worst games for liverpool..don't worry klopp will get us going ynwa97

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who's on the market we could realistically buy because right now I can't think of anyone (that just could be me and it probably is).