Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
supposedly, Pep wants to manage a national team after he leaves City
Let me guess, one that’s already won the world cup just before his arrival and is star studded?
He’s a good coach but it will always hang over him that he is a chequebook coach and always took jobs at clubs that were already successful and in great shape.

ps the post match tears were because he will NEVER win the CL with Man City :tonguewink:

Last edited:

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This team has given us many joyous moments and I’m certain more will follow. The title was outs at one stage but it wasn’t in our hands . Stevie G fucked it .
I have an empty feeling because when City are down 0-2 with only 15 minutes left , all that is needed is good management on and off the field and you not lose the game, possibly even get another goal as City were throwing everybody forward.
Why the fuck would you take Coutinho off? The match was suited for him.
That’s 2 titles now in the past 4 years we miss out by 1 point.
Moving forward we have the CL ahead of us ,we can win that game even without Thiago.
We need to strengthen our squad though for next season and really give the PL a tilt.
wont be an easy game particularly if fabinho doesn't play, use just need to keep benzema and vinicious junior quiet to win

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, if Fabinho and VVD are also not 100% it will be tough.
But I believe that if those two play and adopt a dominant tempo early on and take the game to them we will cause them many problems .

ps ….not that odds matter but all the bookies have as strong favourites to win the CL .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, if Fabinho and VVD are also not 100% it will be tough.
But I believe that if those two play and adopt a dominant tempo early on and take the game to them we will cause them many problems .

ps ….not that odds matter but all the bookies have as strong favourites to win the CL .
I am not confident at all, really need Salah to lift if we're any chance.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me guess, one that’s already won the world cup just before his arrival and is star studded?
He’s a good coach but it will always hang over him that he is a chequebook coach and always took jobs at clubs that were already successful and in great shape.

ps the post match tears were because he will NEVER win the CL with Man City :tonguewink:
obviously, if Pep manages a NT, it will be a big team --> Spain, Germany, England etc.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am not confident at all, really need Salah to lift if we're any chance.
If Salah were on form we'd walk it imo and we would've won the EPL. Just can't see him being able to change his bad form overnight?

Thiago is a massive loss. Could've lived without Fab, but Thiago was / is the key imo and I'm definitely worried about what we can potentially do.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry, as much as it hurts from yesterday that's funny.
I’m not gonna lie bro, yesterday fucked me hard. The absolute emotional investment especially this season has got me fucked. It’s our own doing, we drew against Tottenham and other shit **** teams and had our chances but for it to come down to Villa opening the gates for 3 goals between the 75-80th minute fucking unbelievable. Fuck you Stevie G

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not gonna lie bro, yesterday fucked me hard. The absolute emotional investment especially this season has got me fucked. It’s our own doing, we drew against Tottenham and other shit **** teams and had our chances but for it to come down to Villa opening the gates for 3 goals between the 75-80th minute fucking unbelievable. Fuck you Stevie G
1. Stevie G bottled it
2. City are the PSG of the PL outspending with ridiculous fees and the cheque book manager Pep

I don't think it's right to look back at results through out the course of the season when 1. you couldn't beat City home or away. 2. They outspend everyone and Pep's style makes it a breeze to beat lower placed teams with minimal fatigue and effort.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
VVD will pocket Benzema. It's Trent that is the calamity waiting to happen defensively up against Vinicius.

Alisson is going to have to bail out the defensively calamity that is TAA. If he does that Liverpool win the final.

Real were nothing special against City, they just lumped crosses into the box like a Stoke or Burnley to get the goals. City had a nightmare defending that while VVD, Konate or Matip will handle that with ease.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's hilarious seeing Liverpool fans turn on Gerrard so badly. Never thought I'd see the day. It was a dumb decision to sub Coutinho but he did have them 2-0 up with 20 minutes left so it's not like he didn't try. If they got a draw or a win you'd all be blowing him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's hilarious seeing Liverpool fans turn on Gerrard so badly. Never thought I'd see the day. It was a dumb decision to sub Coutinho but he did have them 2-0 up with 20 minutes left so it's not like he didn't try. If they got a draw or a win you'd all be blowing him.
I'd still blow him no matter what. Beautiful man. Full of character

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I'm good. Coutinho has never had a great gas tank. City had made 3 replacements before Villa scored the 2nd so you could see that he felt they had enough and bringing on a defensive mid to replace an offensive mid was a good idea.

My only criticism is, as an ex-player at the highest level and a manager, he should have been able to see that the pressure you are putting on City is what is keeping u in the game. No issues with taking off Coutinho but should have replaced him with an offensive mid. The whole planet knows that City can be got by playing in behind. Your 2 up - City are going to push high. Even more chances.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as it sucks that it went against us last night that roller-coaster of emotions was something else, so exciting. As long as we get the job done next week it will be the best season I've had as a supporter for the last 25 years

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thiago with an achilles injury so there's a chance he still plays..