Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bad luck to Liverpool fans. That was a crazy final day. As I said months ago, I knew Villa would give us a hard game with Gerrard there.

As usual City did it the hard way.. It's rough for either team to lose the title when being so dominant all season and with the points title they had.

You guys have had a historically great season, I hope you win the CL final and I'm sure you'll be just as strong next season.
As hard as it is to say, how good is pep
4 titles in 5years, that’s incredible been the best club in Epl for a long time now

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As hard as it is to say, how good is pep
4 titles in 5years, that’s incredible been the best club in Epl for a long time now
The Budget helps. But there's no doubting what he's done at City. As I keep saying, City fans would gladly swap one league title for a CL title and Reds fans would probably rather the league title..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That proves the point but it also proves the point that Pep still deserves credit. Because United aren't that far behind on that list and they don't even make the CL each year.

Klopp and Pep are the two best managers in the world. What Klopp has done at Liverpool will make him a legend forever..

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Budget helps. But there's no doubting what he's done at City. As I keep saying, City fans would gladly swap one league title for a CL title and Reds fans would probably rather the league title..
Still have to be the best over 38 games, I don’t know why the money thing pisses people off
probably jealously, it’s not like we Spend peanuts
geez I’m gutted lol
a chance for immortality with the quad now we can’t even do the double
anyway well done B-train, soak it up mate

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still have to be the best over 38 games, I don’t know why the money thing pisses people off
probably jealously, it’s not like we Spend peanuts
geez I’m gutted lol
a chance for immortality with the quad now we can’t even do the double
anyway well done B-train, soak it up mate
Thanks mate. I hope you guys win the CL final.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
That proves the point but it also proves the point that Pep still deserves credit. Because United aren't that far behind on that list and they don't even make the CL each year.

Klopp and Pep are the two best managers in the world. What Klopp has done at Liverpool will make him a legend forever..
Only thing it proves is that City doesn't buy as many duds as United.

When I look at this - Klopp has made do with 20% of the resources that Pep has in the last 5 years. In 10 years time, people will remember the trophies Pep has but will also remember he bought his way to them.

Reverse them, give Klopp the (cough cough) fair play money and take that away from Pep. U think a Pep team would be competitive? No chance.

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

When I look at this - Klopp has made do with 20% of the resources that Pep has in the last 5 years. In 10 years time, people will remember the trophies Pep has but will also remember he bought his way to them.

Reverse them, give Klopp the (cough cough) fair play money and take that away from Pep. U think a Pep team would be competitive? No chance.
unfortunately we will never know all ifs and buts
10 years time no one will remember anything bar the trophies, now one remembers who spent what
no one remembers 2nd 3rd 13th to last
1st is what they remember
so hopefully they remember us winning ucl this year coz none remembers who lost it 10-15 years time

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was reading an article that said salah has not scored 1 open play goal or an assist from 13 finals his played in?
that’s a very worrying stat, a horrible stat actually
i love the bloke, but geez goes missing in the big games ?
anyone know if that’s true?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I'm not disputing that Klopp has done a better job relative to budget. He's the best manager in the world for what he's done at Dortmundt and Liverpool.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I'm not disputing that Klopp has done a better job relative to budget. He's the best manager in the world for what he's done at Dortmundt and Liverpool.
Word. Pep is a good manager but put him in a club where he actually has limits on the $$$'s he can spend and lets see what happens. If he can make that work - then he deserves to be in the same conversation as Klopp. Barca, Bayern and City isn't exactly roughing it.

Regardless, better team got the cherries.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Word. Pep is a good manager but put him in a club where he actually has limits on the $$$'s he can spend and lets see what happens. If he can make that work - then he deserves to be in the same conversation as Klopp. Barca, Bayern and City isn't exactly roughing it.

Regardless, better team got the cherries.
That will always be the question with Pep as he's worked at three of the biggest clubs in the world. We'll probably never find out either as he'll only manage other huge clubs with massive budgets whenever he leaves City.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Credit to City. Twice coming from 2-0 to get a result.

Gutted for the boys as they literally did everything they could. Salah in a bit of form would've won us the Spurs game. Competent refs would've given that handball against Everton.

We go on. Proud of this team

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Credit to City. Twice coming from 2-0 to get a result.

Gutted for the boys as they literally did everything they could. Salah in a bit of form would've won us the Spurs game. Competent refs would've given that handball against Everton.

We go on. Proud of this team
will be interesting to see what signings klopp will make now that city signed haaland

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This team has given us many joyous moments and I’m certain more will follow. The title was outs at one stage but it wasn’t in our hands . Stevie G fucked it .
I have an empty feeling because when City are down 0-2 with only 15 minutes left , all that is needed is good management on and off the field and you not lose the game, possibly even get another goal as City were throwing everybody forward.
Why the fuck would you take Coutinho off? The match was suited for him.
That’s 2 titles now in the past 4 years we miss out by 1 point.
Moving forward we have the CL ahead of us ,we can win that game even without Thiago.
We need to strengthen our squad though for next season and really give the PL a tilt.