Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
England midfielder Jude Bellingham, 18, has addressed transfer speculation linking him with a move to either Manchester United or Liverpool by confirming he will be playing for Borussia Dortmund next season.

Hopefully he spends 1 more season at Dortmund then joins us to replace Henderson/Milner.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
England midfielder Jude Bellingham, 18, has addressed transfer speculation linking him with a move to either Manchester United or Liverpool by confirming he will be playing for Borussia Dortmund next season.

Hopefully he spends 1 more season at Dortmund then joins us to replace Henderson/Milner.
Got a feeling that's the plan at least? Milner one more year then Bellingham to step in

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Comparing those stats is pretty irrelevant. Different era and different opposition. Defense in these days is way worse then back in the 90's & 00's.
Yeah. I love to chat shit with United supporters about it, but reality is that it's so hard to compare.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
True story.

Took the dogs to the dog park today - most of the regs not there. There was a pom and an irishman talking about Man U though, Ten Hag and how they're actually ok atm but will be better with Bellingham etc. Said I follow the PL - asked what do you mean by good.

Pulled all these shit stats that went in one ear and out the other. Just nodded as though I was interested.

Then I told them, well as a Scouser - you have Harry Macguire and nothing will offset that. Sometimes you just have to accept you are shit.

They walked away.

The Lizard Lord has struck again 8-)

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Comparing those stats is pretty irrelevant. Different era and different opposition. Defense in these days is way worse then back in the 90's & 00's.

Klopp coached in a much tougher era where his competitors for the CL and PL are spending way way more.
Players transfers have skyrocketed also . Players have become stronger, more athletic and sports science has improved not only footballers but players in other codes also.
Klopp is better than Ferguson. I stand by this statement for many reasons , including one that isn’t listed and that is Klopp winning all the major trophies in much quicker time.
3 CL finals in 6 years is insane . Top 4 finish last 6 years . 1 PL title , two 2nd place spots, last four years have not finished outside the top 3, WCC and so on and so on.

We are blessed to have Klopp as our coach.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Klopp coached in a much tougher era where his competitors for the CL and PL are spending way way more.
Players transfers have skyrocketed also . Players have become stronger, more athletic and sports science has improved not only footballers but players in other codes also.
Klopp is better than Ferguson. I stand by this statement for many reasons , including one that isn’t listed and that is Klopp winning all the major trophies in much quicker time.
3 CL finals in 6 years is insane . Top 4 finish last 6 years . 1 PL title , two 2nd place spots, last four years have not finished outside the top 3, WCC and so on and so on.

We are blessed to have Klopp as our coach.
I didn't say SAF is better than Klopp or vice versa. What I said is those stats are irrelevant in a discussion about who is the better manager.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didn't say SAF is better than Klopp or vice versa. What I said is those stats are irrelevant in a discussion about who is the better manager.
We agree to disagree on this one.

Whilst comparing teams , players and coaches of different era’s is a difficult and subjective discussion , and stats can be misleading, in regards to Klopp v Ferguson I’m comfortable to say that Klopp has eclipsed Ferguson's achievements when you compare their first 6.5 years in charge of their respective teams.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
We agree to disagree on this one.

Whilst comparing teams , players and coaches of different era’s is a difficult and subjective discussion , and stats can be misleading, in regards to Klopp v Ferguson I’m comfortable to say that Klopp has eclipsed Ferguson's achievements when you compare their first 6.5 years in charge of their respective teams.
Gunna jump in on this. SAF got some stupid talent out of the academy so in terms of turning them into stars - big tick. Not really something Klopp has probably shown in the short term. TAA, Curtis and maybe Elliott don't really compare at this stage.

Klopp on the other hand has taken a system that he developed and brought in above average players and turned them into superstars. SAF played a system to his talent. And he also had the advantage of stupid $$$'s for wages to keep these players at ManU. So from a club financial perspective, Klopp every day.

The big one though is longevity for the club. Hard to say as SAF was around so long, so knowing what he built survives afterwards is moot. Klopp leaves and we may struggle.

TBH, I have a condition where I see a ManU jersey on the ground, I have to put a turd on it so maybe I'm biased a bit. Will say that both SAF and Klopp school Pep every day of the week imv.