CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
use need to sign some more depth players in midfield and attack
We have about a million midfielders, it's just that half of them are always injured while Thiago is the only one thats actually technically gifted enough to control a game.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Arsenal have proven to be a selling club in the past, especially to North-West clubs... but not Saka or Smith-Rowe (unless they cause the move)
Saka to Liverpool would be the same as Sterling to City, they would need to prize him away with the promise of trophies and a hefty pay increase.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have a reasonably good core with a few promising youngsters coming through, the issue for me is Klopp's loyalty and lack of ruthlessness with the roster. We literally can't register a new player right now yet there's still no sign of Klopp pushing anyone out. We could've easily cut our loses on a few guys and reinvested back into the squad but we haven't and here we are.
Last year should have been a warning sign to the club. Your club needs to find a new direction, they need to be aggressive in the market, you got lucky last season to find your way back into the top 4 but that could have just as easily gone the other way, at some point you need to improve or you will fall out of contention and find your self in 5th or 6th really quickly. You would still be attractive to the likes of Bellingham now but you actually need to make an offer and bring one of these young stars into the club.

If you're relying on the likes of Minamino, Jones and Tsimikas to be the future of your club then you'll really find yourself falling down the ladder real quick. Elliot is a stud and will be a star if he has a full recovery, I havent seen enough of Morton and Gordon to know what they're about.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have about a million midfielders, it's just that half of them are always injured while Thiago is the only one thats actually technically gifted enough to control a game.
still need someone who can open teams who park the bus and sit deep all the time

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Saka to Liverpool would be the same as Sterling to City, they would need to prize him away with the promise of trophies and a hefty pay increase.
would also depend if liverpool would even spend 80 to 100 mil for saka as well

Last edited:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
saka was causing liverpool problems all game even with 10 players
He was causing Robertson problems because the guy has been ordinary this season, he’s lucky to be starting ahead of Tsimikas.
Sooner or later Klopp’s loyalty will come back to bite him .

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No good without salah
Against 10 men, honestly thought it would be4-0

Salah might be your Gerard
Absolutely usless without him

Atleast his back for the second leg
I say we would have won the game if it was 11 v 11. The red card changed the dynamics of the match. Arsenal were forced to park the bus and closed spaces , and when you’re missing the quality of Salah, Mane and Thiago it becomes hard to break teams down.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Last year should have been a warning sign to the club. Your club needs to find a new direction, they need to be aggressive in the market, you got lucky last season to find your way back into the top 4 but that could have just as easily gone the other way, at some point you need to improve or you will fall out of contention and find your self in 5th or 6th really quickly. You would still be attractive to the likes of Bellingham now but you actually need to make an offer and bring one of these young stars into the club.

If you're relying on the likes of Minamino, Jones and Tsimikas to be the future of your club then you'll really find yourself falling down the ladder real quick. Elliot is a stud and will be a star if he has a full recovery, I havent seen enough of Morton and Gordon to know what they're about.
Bellingham would be the perfect signing for us and I'd even go as far as selling Mane to help fund the move. Taki defenitely has no real future. Jones I don't know, I don't think he's a midfielder and is better playing off the left in the frontline but that probably isn't going to happen often with us.

Kostas I'm happy with, i'd be giving him more minutes than Robbo at this stage. Elliott a no brainer like you mentioned, the kid adapted to the midfield role with only a few weeks of preseason while Klopp even went as far as to change to change tactics and made him a key part of the squad.

Morton and Gordon I think look good for the future but that has been said for many players, you also have to be a very special talent if you're going to be relied upon by a top english club pushing for titles...they could very well need a few loans spells before they find their feet. Morton is physically limited at this stage but he's still reasonably strong on the ball and throws himself around, seems to have good passing range and appears to be quite tactically aware and disciplined. He's also a B2B midfielder but has been deployed at DM ahead of Henderson this season so that says a lot about the kid...or a lot about Henderson :tearsofjoy: Gordon looks the goods, good pace, quick feet and looks a natural goal scorer. A lot of inconsistency in his game ATM but that's nothing to be concerned about at this stage, during preseason he looked Salah like controlling some long balls with the outside of his foot only to then fail to control a simple pass moments later lol. Again lacking physically is an issue ATM. Saying that I still would've started both of them today to see if they could backup their previous performance, Gordon on the right would've allowed Jota to also play on the left where he's a lot better while Morton would've given us some more athleticism in midfield.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Minamino I agree with, I don’t think he’s a worthy fringe player, was bought on the cheap perhaps in the hope of selling him and making a profit.
Jones is quality, Klopp needs to find his the best position for him .
Tsimikas has been one of the better left back in the PL when he has been given the opportunity to play.
We only have 1 midfielder who is a technician and can unlock closed defences, and that’s Thiago and he’s alway injured. We need to strengthen up in the midfield with another creative player. I would also sell ox, Minamino andmOrigi and spend some serious cash to bring in a killer striker

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Had the chance to sign Saka on the cheap but couldn't get him. No chance we go for him now.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sign Saka? How about we give Salah a contract first?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Blah ... slept on that performance and seen Klopp's comments and am even more angry.

People talking way way too much about missing Salah, Mane, Keita, Thiago. Way too much.

Can understand why he started with Milner & Hendo, and before the red we were playing reasonably well so I guess we could say Klopp was right to do that ...

But, as soon as they got the red having Milner and Hendo in the middle made absolutely no sense. With 5 subs we should've made a change immediately. But, OK. We know Klopp so he stuck with them ... fair enough.

Not to make a change at halftime, and then to wait 15mins before changing it around ... criminal from Klopp. Really not good at all.

This result has been coming for a while and perhaps it's what we needed to shake things up a little.

Across the park we seem to be lacking that intensity. We've all been saying it for a while now and the rot has just got worse.

Hendo shouldn't be starting, let alone Milly. Taki was dreadful, but we can't say that Bobby or Jota were much better yesterday. Fab has been making all kinds of mistakes. The whole team is off.

It's up to Klopp to stop playing favourites and shake things up a little.

I'd personally start Gordon. Cujo. Kostas. With Elliott coming back he should be starting too.

It's time for the old guard to be kicked up the arse and I'd honestly include VVD in that.