Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm actually fucking fuming still. I really don't know what possesses Klopp to continue with Henderson in a pseudo winger/10 role when we're down holding midfielders. With the way our squad is we need him there helping out in defence, we need him disciplined and retaining the ball. But for whatever reason he's making runs into the box and playing hoofball when we've got numerous other players that could fill that RCM role. Individually he has become very careless, same goes for VVD and even Alisson. Not sure if they've lost their drive with their spots in the squad being guaranteed or if they're burned out.
Looking specifically I don't think there was anyone to play instead of Hendo? If Keita starts, and I'm still puzzled as why he didn't, then surely it'd be over Milner?

Without doubt tho, Hendo needs to be rested. Lacked discipline in key moments, and leaves gaping holes in the midfield.

Ball retention last night was shocking. All three midfielders were all over the shop. With the way we play we need Thiago and Keita starting imo as they can control the ball and get out of right situations.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol no refs sending him off for that, wasn't even looking at him and he brushed him with the forearm. Point of the elbow and it might be a different story. Similar happened with I think Havertz on Konate, less force but he got him around the eye and it wasn't even called a foul. But I agree he does hate you more than us, just lol.
Lol for starters you don’t need to be looking a someone to know they are they are everyone can see out the side of their eyes and second of all it doesn’t matter what part of the arm it is it’s high contact with the head but I agree with you some not all referees would give a red for that

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JH is nearly 32. He's past it. Shouldn't be a regular starter anymore. He needs to play the Milner role off the bench next season with Milner being moved on.
Wouldn't say he's past it, just had to be limited to certain roles. Defensively absolutely shocking this past month or so, which means those around him are constantly forced to cover up for him.

The trust in each other and the system seems to be lost in many ways?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol for starters you don’t need to be looking a someone to know they are they are everyone can see out the side of their eyes and second of all it doesn’t matter what part of the arm it is it’s high contact with the head but I agree with you some not all referees would give a red for that
Personally had that been another team I'd be calling for red.

Don't think it was as clear cut as some try to make out, but it looked bad. The key tho is that there didn't seem intent and giving that a red would open up Pandora's box as there were similar instances during the game when the elbow was used.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think it's an age thing, more mindset. He has the legs to get forward and press high like a lunatic so I think he still has it in him, I just think he's lost the plot with the freedom he's been given. I agree he shouldn't consistently start and should be there to fill in holes in the team but for whatever reason Klopp isn't doing that right now.

Hopefully Elliott hits the ground running, back training and should be full training this week. Klopp has showed us that he will make changes to accommodate him and hopefully he reigns Henderson in when he does.

Transfers are really shitting me now, the squad is stale and needs a few new faces. I know people blame FSG but it's not like they operate the club on a daily basis and our squad is loaded so we need to move players on just to register them. Why haven't we moved players on? Is it Klopp not wanting to or the club failing to do so? I actually can't even remember the last time we pushed a player our and sold them so I think a bit of it might be Klopps loyalty. Just imagine if we had another defensive minded mid in the squad...we'd be so much better or it and it wouldn't even require invested form the owners and just the sale of a player like Ox.
Think I saw somewhere that in the past 7 windows we've signed 4 first teamers? Madness that as surely we can't expect to maintain a high level bringing no one in.

Won't sign anyone this window, so I'm summer we're in a position where we honestly need to be getting in 3-4 players imo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because it isn't a red lol. This sort of thing happens numerous times a game, defenders do it often. They barely penalise for this sort of thing and haven't for a while so players continually approach contests like this. Mane was careless and it's why it was a yellow.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FSG are relying on another Klopp miracle to win trophies a bit like what Poch was trying to do at Spurs. Levy is just a bit tighter than FSG.

No one can match the spending power + coaching ability of Pep. Klopp should focus on the cup competitions, play his strongest teams in FA, UCL etc.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wouldn't say he's past it, just had to be limited to certain roles. Defensively absolutely shocking this past month or so, which means those around him are constantly forced to cover up for him.

The trust in each other and the system seems to be lost in many ways?
Past it means he’s on the way down which is true. He’ll never be at his peak again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Think I saw somewhere that in the past 7 windows we've signed 4 first teamers? Madness that as surely we can't expect to maintain a high level bringing no one in.

Won't sign anyone this window, so I'm summer we're in a position where we honestly need to be getting in 3-4 players imo.
How many have we sold though? That's the other issue. We clearly know how to target the right players, we just seem hesitant to move them on when things don't work out (injuries).

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How many have we sold though? That's the other issue. We clearly know how to target the right players, we just seem hesitant to move them on when things don't work out (injuries).
Yeah. We've said it again and again and again but players like Ox, Origi, Keita. Should've been gone a while ago.

Blah. Mad that the title race is over already

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FSG are relying on another Klopp miracle to win trophies a bit like what Poch was trying to do at Spurs. Levy is just a bit tighter than FSG.

No one can match the spending power + coaching ability of Pep. Klopp should focus on the cup competitions, play his strongest teams in FA, UCL etc.
Liverpool did when we won the EPL.

I'd say it's more that no one can CONSISTENTLY challenge the spending power of City

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Liverpool are lucky that wanker Anthony Taylor doesn’t like us any other referee he probably would have been off
I still remember that fa cup final game arsenal played chelsea when Taylor was ref and he literally screwed chelsea that day

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because it isn't a red lol. This sort of thing happens numerous times a game, defenders do it often. They barely penalise for this sort of thing and haven't for a while so players continually approach contests like this. Mane was careless and it's why it was a yellow.
Agree to disagree

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still remember that fa cup final game arsenal played chelsea when Taylor was ref and he literally screwed chelsea that day
Not sure if your a Chelsea supporter mate but there’s been countless times he has screwed us it’s actually a meme and a running joke there was even a petition started lol it’s like Gerard Sutton with the dogs

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure if your a Chelsea supporter mate but there’s been countless times he has screwed us it’s actually a meme and a running joke there was even a petition started lol it’s like Gerard Sutton with the dogs
nah i go for arsenal but its like that with Mike Dean for arsenal as is Anthony Taylor with chelsea its just blatantly corruption

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree to disagree
It's something that could be given either way I guess?

As I said, had this happened to Liverpool I'd be yelling for a red but would it be deserved? There were other similar incidences in the game that then would have to be given.

Can see why people are calling for it to be a red though, and they've got a point without doubt. It'd be good to understand the reasons it wasn't given.

Not actively pulling the elbow back? Not thrusting it? Having no eye contact? Would love to know tbh.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just seen it "5 players in 4 years and 7 transfer windows"

Madness for a club of our size tbh.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Indy said players have been sent home, oooo let's see if he's right haha.