Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Saw some interesting talk in twitter about who world class players are at Liverpool. The first step I guess is how do you list someone as world class? Personally I'd say it's the best if the best, so top 1-2 in their position.

This is what was listed:

Ali
Fab
Salah
Trent
VVD

Would you add anyone to this? Take someone away? Trent is a hard one as I truly think he's magnificent but not sure if he's top 2 yet?

Personally I'd add Robbo to the list tho
Salah, VVD , Alisson , Fabinho are world class . So is Klopp.

Trent is the best attacking right back in the world but he does have defensive issues sometimes. Robbo is the opposite, great defender but not the best attacking left back .

Oh yeah and Matip is also world class :fearscream::tongueclosed:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Saw some interesting talk in twitter about who world class players are at Liverpool. The first step I guess is how do you list someone as world class? Personally I'd say it's the best if the best, so top 1-2 in their position.

This is what was listed:

Ali
Fab
Salah
Trent
VVD

Would you add anyone to this? Take someone away? Trent is a hard one as I truly think he's magnificent but not sure if he's top 2 yet?

Personally I'd add Robbo to the list tho
For me, only Alisson, Fabinho, Robertson and Salah are world class.

I think Trent is on the cusp, but he has been too inconsistent over the past 12 months to be considered world class. His ability on the ball is insane for a fullback but there were games last season in which he was really poor in defence. He isnt even a guaranteed starter for his national team.

I do think he eventually improves the defensive side of his game enough to be considered a world class footballer but I dont think he is there yet.

Robertson is lucky to sneak in too. He brings a lot to the side with his intangible aspects, seems like a warrior on the pitch. But is he world class ? maybe

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I think Trent is on the cusp, but he has been too inconsistent over the past 12 months to be considered world class. His ability on the ball is insane for a fullback but there were games last season in which he was really poor in defence. He isnt even a guaranteed starter for his national team.

I do think he eventually improves the defensive side of his game enough to be considered a world class footballer but I dont think he is there yet.

Robertson is lucky to sneak in too. He brings a lot to the side with his intangible aspects, seems like a warrior on the pitch. But is he world class ? maybe
Robbo slapped Messi at Anfield, that's pretty world class imo.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Yeah. Trent defensively maybe isn't your typical RB, but he's not supposed to be at Liverpool. We work around that, though he's been in fine form this year. I'd put him in the bracket of world class if he keeps up the form this year. Defo wouldn't say he's "really poor in defence"

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Trent is the best attacking right back in the world but he does have defensive issues sometimes. Robbo is the opposite, great defender but not the best attacking left back .

Yeah baby. On the Matip train! LOL

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Matip is the best 4th choice club central defender in the world hands down :-)
Everybody loves Joel.….sometimes
Klopp on Matip: "He's a big boy, a big player. Incredible since he joined us. I can't help anyone who doesn't see the quality of Joel Matip."

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Big game tomorrow lads. What are your thoughts on the team?

I'd say:
Allison
Tsimi
VVD
Konate
Trent
Fab
Thiago
Hendo
Mane
Jota
Salah

Next game is a cup game, right? So I'd expect fab, Salah, jota, Thiago, Trent getting a rest in that game

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You think he’ll play Konate?
Im thinking he will start him in one the cup matches and ease him into the team .
You just don’t know with Klopp , nobody expected Origi to start against Milan but he did.
We’ve got Palace tonight, the Norwich midweek DOD the meaningless Carabao cup and then away to Brentford next weekend.
October the tough games start we have CL matches with Atletico and the 2 Manchester derbies.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You think he’ll play Konate?
Im thinking he will start him in one the cup matches and ease him into the team .
You just don’t know with Klopp , nobody expected Origi to start against Milan but he did.
We’ve got Palace tonight, the Norwich midweek DOD the meaningless Carabao cup and then away to Brentford next weekend.
October the tough games start we have CL matches with Atletico and the 2 Manchester derbies.
As you say mate. Who knows with Klopp? Perhaps even Taki might start? Probably more important to give the attackers more mins than anyone else considering we are short up there especially with Elliott out.

Just don't think Matip will start this game. Nor Robbo. The rest? Who knows

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not expecting Klopp to do anything out of the ordinary tonight, Konate or Gomez next to VVD and that's probably it. Maybe one of Fabinho/Hebdo starts on the bench?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

there is talk about TAA really being a midfielder but LFC should leave it as is... TAA's defensive skills will improve and what he offers offensively is invaluable... offensive fullbacks unlock most teams --> eg. the most underrated contributor to Pep's great Barca teams was Dani Alves

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m happy for Trent to stay at RB and continue to play the way he does. I think Klopp has made it quite clear where he wants Trent to play when he recently described himself s the best RB in the world in response to Southgate play8ng him in the midfield for England .
You mentioned Alves but there was also Roberto Carlos who was once touted the best left back in the world and that was because of the attacking qualities he possessed and what he offered his teams .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m happy for Trent to stay at RB and continue to play the way he does. I think Klopp has made it quite clear where he wants Trent to play when he recently described himself s the best RB in the world in response to Southgate play8ng him in the midfield for England .
You mentioned Alves but there was also Roberto Carlos who was once touted the best left back in the world and that was because of the attacking qualities he possessed and what he offered his teams .
Agree about Trent. I also have been hung out about his defence at times, but that's not really his position in the team, is it? He's an incredible young player and he'll only get better. Took a lot to come back from the knocks of last season, but he did.

Would still like to see him rested now and again tho. Last thing we need is him being burnt out.

Can't see him starting the midweek game, today definitely

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Big game tomorrow lads. What are your thoughts on the team?

I'd say:
Allison
Tsimi
VVD
Konate
Trent
Fab
Thiago
Hendo
Mane
Jota
Salah

Next game is a cup game, right? So I'd expect fab, Salah, jota, Thiago, Trent getting a rest in that game
0% chance he starts Tsimi & Konate. Both play in the League Cup