Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Origi starts? Klopp pulling that out of no where! Bloody hell.

VVD getting a rest which is good, though I'm more worried about Matip if I'm being honest. Thiago being rested which I think is smart. Would've liked to have seen Robbo get a rest too

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Shit they can't handle us haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What the actual fuck

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Farken hell. Hahaha

Bottled it. Midfield just let the dance through. Terrible defending there and attitude from a number of those players.

How the fuck are we losing 2-1?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So we dominate for 40 minutes, have around 15 shots including a missed penalty then blackout for 2 minutes and concede 2 goals in a minute and go into halftime 2-1 down.
Klopp will have to lift the players at halftime .
Matips defending has been rubbish, I’ve been calling for him to be moved on 2 years now.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So we dominate for 40 minutes, have around 15 shots including a missed penalty then blackout for 2 minutes and concede 2 goals in a minute and go into halftime 2-1 down.
Matips defending has been rubbish, I’ve been calling for him to be moved on 2 years now.
FFS mate. Matip has been in really good form this year.

I think for the first goal at least GOmez tracked then didn't step up to pull him offside. Midfielders more at fault imo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Matip has been great until this game, you have a weird obsession with him lol. TAA, Matip and Hendo totally went to sleep their but the reality is we should be miles up by now..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good result in the end. Win is a win.

Had some really really good periods of football. Fell asleep for small parts and rightly got punished.

Strangely enough, I thought Origi did OK today. Actually pressed and did alright. Stunning assist for Salah.

Onwards we go.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Matip has been great until this game, you have a weird obsession with him lol. TAA, Matip and Hendo totally went to sleep their but the reality is we should be miles up by now..
Yeah. I'd say Matip has been better than VVD in the opening rounds personally so strange to say but everyone has their opinon.

Thought TAA was pretty quiet the second half, but exceptional the first.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Salah might need Bruno help
Very lucky with that own goal,
Red in Chelsea game, red in Leeds, own goal here
Geez talk about having all the luck

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was really hoping to see Keita step up but wasn't great ... nor particularly bad either. He's just such a talented footballer, I just hope we can finally see him come good.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never rated Matip highly tbh . Id take Gomez or Konate over him any day. Gomez was very good today.
Matip went to sleep with both of Milan’s goals .
The score should not have been so close , Milan created 3 chances and 3 times the ball went in the back of the net, thankfully their 3rd goal was disallowed for offside .
Anyone who watched the match would have seen the total Liverpool domination.
Hendo’s goal was a beauty .
3 very important points and the other result was a good one for us also.
We move on to Crystal Palace in the PL .

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was really hoping to see Keita step up but wasn't great ... nor particularly bad either. He's just such a talented footballer, I just hope we can finally see him come good.
Can’t see what Klopp sees in Keita.
Missed penalty (obviously) a major turning point, up 2 at that point reckon their resolve would’ve been broken, and cruised to victory. Our inability to convert dominance of the pitch onto goals nearly bit us in the arse again.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Never rated Matip highly tbh . Id take Gomez or Konate over him any day. Gomez was very good today.
Matip went to sleep with both of Milan’s goals .
The score should not have been so close , Milan created 3 chances and 3 times the ball went in the back of the net, thankfully their 3rd goal was disallowed for offside .
Anyone who watched the match would have seen the total Liverpool domination.
Hendo’s goal was a beauty .
3 very important points and the other result was a good one for us also.
We move on to Crystal Palace in the PL .
Yeah. Was actually a pretty good performance by the team apart from 5 mins really. But, that's footy :grinning:

Actually think Gomez was at fault for at least one of their goals when he didn't step out. So, not sure what you're talking about re Matip. Not his greatest game but thought it wasn't that bad either.

Palace will be interesting. Imagine Thiago will come back in. VVD, Kanoate and Tsii?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can’t see what Klopp sees in Keita.
Missed penalty (obviously) a major turning point, up 2 at that point reckon their resolve would’ve been broken, and cruised to victory. Our inability to convert dominance of the pitch onto goals nearly bit us in the arse again.
Keita was actually pretty good those opening couple of games, and was decent today but fell away towards the end. Disappointing to see as I really wanted him to grab his chance more.

Missed penalty a turning point. Though, we still had chances after that. The midfield actually dropped off, and you could see the intensity faultering a little.