Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No chance. Glad the guy showed remorse and all of that but no chance that gets rescinded.

Scissor tackles from behind have been 'outlawed' for some time. He came late also. No malice but doesn't matter.
There was a similar challenge on Mane a few moments after that which wasn't pulled up, someone put a similar challenge on Greenwood in our game last night, which wasnt called either.

Even Wan-Bissaka puts those challenges in twice a game and he is almost never booked. So I do think its more to do with the outcome than the actual tackle. Elliots foot being planted resulted in him copping the full impact of the tackle, which is very unfortunate.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There was a similar challenge on Mane a few moments after that which wasn't pulled up, someone put a similar challenge on Greenwood in our game last night, which wasnt called either.

Even Wan-Bissaka puts those challenges in twice a game and he is almost never booked. So I do think its more to do with the outcome than the actual tackle. Elliots foot being planted resulted in him copping the full impact of the tackle, which is very unfortunate.
Because people don't get booked it doesn't make it right. He'll get a ban. If he doesn't there'll ba an absolute uproar.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because people don't get booked it doesn't make it right. He'll get a ban. If he doesn't there'll ba an absolute uproar.
Maybe, main thing is that Elliot finds his way back to full fitness and back into the team. I'll be interested to see what his long term position ends up being. Whether its part of a midfield three or on the wing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe, main thing is that Elliot finds his way back to full fitness and back into the team. I'll be interested to see what his long term position ends up being. Whether its part of a midfield three or on the wing.
I think it's pretty clear that Klopp sees him as a midfielder, Klopp normally bloods our midfielders in a slow process yet for Klopp to throw Elliott in so early with basically only a preseason preparing for that role is massive and just shows how much faith and trust Klopp has in him. Klopp has also tweaked a few things and even moved Henderson out of a role that was working to fit him in.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't Keita cost 54m? Bellingham has the whole English thing, plus is a massive massive talent with all the big spenders in England lining up for him. Will go for 60+ imo.

Point is tho that were not going to spend that much money on players. Especially a cm when we need attackers first.

I think anyway
that English premium on transfers within/to the EPL is stupid (eg. Harry Maguire cost £5 million more than Van Dijk and £15 million more than Ruben Dias)... ridiculous

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maguire’s price was inflated by 50 million in my opinion. bog average defender who thinks he can cart the ball up and help in attack even though he has very minimal technical and distribution qualities.
VVD coming to LFC landed them the PL and UCL. Immediate impact .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
that English premium on transfers within/to the EPL is stupid (eg. Harry Maguire cost £5 million more than Van Dijk and £15 million more than Ruben Dias)... ridiculous
It's just the way it is, isn't it? Madness that Maguire cost that much, but because he's English. There's an English quota that clubs have to fill, isn't there?

Bellingham will go for 80m+ imo. Can see United nabbing him, no way Liverpool will be able to afford him

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it was simply about quotas, I'd have kept Smalling and signed Koulibaly

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's just the way it is, isn't it? Madness that Maguire cost that much, but because he's English. There's an English quota that clubs have to fill, isn't there?

Bellingham will go for 80m+ imo. Can see United nabbing him, no way Liverpool will be able to afford him
I think we work differently from other clubs when it comes to transfers.
We had no problem paying a big transfer fee on players the club/ coach identified could make the difference between winning trophies and not winning trophies.
VVD and Alisson cost big $$$$ but they turned to be masterstroke signings with immediate success . We started winning trophies.
Hence why I think the club won’t pay overs on players who may help the roster but not necessarily make the difference .
The signings of Salah ,Fabinho ,Mane , Robbo have turned out to be bargain buys for us considering what we pai an what they have delivered.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LFC's transfer activity in recent years has been very good --> cashed in when it made sense (Suarez, Coutinho), shrewd in their targets (Salah, Mane, Robertson), and spent big when necessary (VVD, Alison)

far better insight and more responsible than other big EPL clubs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Na we can defenitely afford him next season, with things back to normal the money should be there when combined with our outgoings. There's no excuse for them next season not to spend.

I also have a sneaky feeling we might have some sort of agreement in place for a January transfer, maybe it's just wishful thinking lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Na we can defenitely afford him next season, with things back to normal the money should be there when combined with our outgoings. There's no excuse for them next season not to spend.

I also have a sneaky feeling we might have some sort of agreement in place for a January transfer, maybe it's just wishful thinking lol
Hope so. Hope so.

Worry I have is that we've always been a sell to buy club. And we can't shift deadwood.

Fingers crossed tho

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have faith in Klopp and the coaching staff guys. Look where we were before we came and look where we are now spending a fraction of the money both Manchester clubs have spent.
We play Milan tomorrow and I can see Klopp rotating players. Hopefully we don’t underestimate Milan because they have improved , let’s not make the same mistake the Young Girls did against Young Boys .
How the duck do you lose to a team like Young Boys .
somafter matchday 1 I have ascertained that Barcelona and Young Girls Manchester will NOT be winning the CL .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have faith in Klopp and the coaching staff guys. Look where we were before we came and look where we are now spending a fraction of the money both Manchester clubs have spent.
We play Milan tomorrow and I can see Klopp rotating players. Hopefully we don’t underestimate Milan because they have improved , let’s not make the same mistake the Young Girls did against Young Boys .
How the duck do you lose to a team like Young Boys .
somafter matchday 1 I have ascertained that Barcelona and Young Girls Manchester will NOT be winning the CL .
I hope we rotate. Kostas should get a start, at least one of Gomez/Konate should start. Can't see Klopp starting both of them at CB but it's possible Gomez plays RB and Konate slots in next to VVD? Midfield will be interesting, Henderson will obviously come in but I'm unsure what Klopp with do with the other two spots. I'd like Keita to start also but it's hard not to play Fabinho and Thiago again. Attack? We all know there won't be any changes lol...would love for Taki to get a start though and have a strong game, it would be a bit of confidence builder to see another attacker come in a bang in a goal lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope we rotate. Kostas should get a start, at least one of Gomez/Konate should start. Can't see Klopp starting both of them at CB but it's possible Gomez plays RB and Konate slots in next to VVD? Midfield will be interesting, Henderson will obviously come in but I'm unsure what Klopp with do with the other two spots. I'd like Keita to start also but it's hard not to play Fabinho and Thiago again. Attack? We all know there won't be any changes lol...would love for Taki to get a start though and have a strong game, it would be a bit of confidence builder to see another attacker come in a bang in a goal lol
Have to agree. Surely Matip be rested at least tho imagine Gomez comes in if fit?

Midfield will be interesting and it's a good position we're in. Both Hendo and Keita to come in? Not sure what'll happen.

Attack I think he'll keep same Front three personally

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty much nailed it . I would play VVD in this game.
Were favourites to win comfortably but you don’t want to go to overconfident and drop points. our group is a difficult one and we need to get the maximum points .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Would like to see Konate but I'd say Gomez comes in? It's a nice position to be in finally where we can actually rest CBs!