Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jota is such a spark plug for us. Looks hungry, always wants to be on the ball. Fabinho in the midfield, also special. TAA getting back to his best, and the defence looks settled, although Arsenal threw fuck all at us

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jota is such a spark plug for us. Looks hungry, always wants to be on the ball. Fabinho in the midfield, also special. TAA getting back to his best, and the defence looks settled, although Arsenal threw fuck all at us
People talking about Jota being the difference. Yeah, he certainly did bring a breath of fresh air to the attack.

But moving Fabinho back to midfield has been the key. Him playing there has allowed Thiago to play his natural game more. Has protected the back four more. Made it easier to attack.

Fabinho has been the key imo.

The key now to our season is keeping our two CBs injury free.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you signed Ole to a long term contract yet? Seriously, I’m thinking 20 years

Geez I crack myself up
Yup blokes should sign him, get ya in the top 4

Happy Easter too everyone

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People talking about Jota being the difference. Yeah, he certainly did bring a breath of fresh air to the attack.

But moving Fabinho back to midfield has been the key. Him playing there has allowed Thiago to play his natural game more. Has protected the back four more. Made it easier to attack.

Undoubtedly...Klopp’s lack of trust in his back up CB’s for much of that injury ravaged period totally fucked the team. The old weakens a strength to strengthen a wekness, but fuck what do I know lol!
Love you Juergen!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Undoubtedly...Klopp’s lack of trust in his back up CB’s for much of that injury ravaged period totally fucked the team. The old weakens a strength to strengthen a wekness, but fuck what do I know lol!
Love you Juergen!
It is what it is I guess.

Found it interesting see how much he rested players today. Gini. Jota. Taking Kabak off.

He's not perfect Klopp but it's good to see him learning from his mistakes. Looking forward to the next month or so if we're actually going to turn up and play like this. Top 4? Still think it's out of reach but really depends on Chelsea & Leicester. If they both drop more points then ... who knows?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

It's a combination of the two !

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% he will stay. I've always said he will. As long as we sign another defender on-top of him then we're good. Phillips staying at the club would also be good for depth.
Phillips has been good . He has settled into his role and has had some very good games. I’d like to see what Ben Davies can also do .
If the rumours of us signing Konate are true then 1 if not 2 of our current central defenders will be let go.
VVD , Gomez, Matip , Kabak , Davies, Williams , Phillips and possibly Konate. That’s 8 centre backs. A couple are surely surplus to requirements.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly. Looking at the table. Top 4 is going to be one hard task.

Really good we've played that one good game but to get into the top 4 really will require us to win pretty much every game to the end. We've got a pretty 'decent' run in, but all the other teams such as Spurs, West Ham, Leicester, United, Chelsea have an easier run in. When United beat Brighton tonight I hope people can start accepting that they're top 4 certainties.

It's going to be tough for us. Really really tough.

Just happy that we're playing well. Bring on Madrid I say. Bring them on!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly. Looking at the table. Top 4 is going to be one hard task.

Really good we've played that one good game but to get into the top 4 really will require us to win pretty much every game to the end. We've got a pretty 'decent' run in, but all the other teams such as Spurs, West Ham, Leicester, United, Chelsea have an easier run in. When United beat Brighton tonight I hope people can start accepting that they're top 4 certainties.

It's going to be tough for us. Really really tough.

Just happy that we're playing well. Bring on Madrid I say. Bring them on!
There 1-0 up and look lik3 repeating Liverpool win lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Baby starting. Thiago on the bench. Interested ...

In Klopp we trust

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Absolutely shocking performance. So flat, so slow. Trent having an absolute nightmare.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely shocking performance. So flat, so slow. Trent having an absolute nightmare.
Worst half of football I've seen from us in a long long time. Absolutely terrible. Gave them two goals.

Every single one of them were absolutely pathetic. I really can't believe how bad we were. Lucky to somehow not be given a penalty against us also.

In saying that ... all we need is one goal in the second half to be back in it. So ... there is hope ...

But considering we haven't even had a shot on goal!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Horrible first half, we are now in danger of being eliminated in the first leg of this tie if we don’t lift our game in the 2nd half.
Real Madrid have more goals in them against this mediocre backline. Defence and midfield have been rubbish.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fact Klopp subbed Keita off before half time says it all really. Could've been Gini too.

Just terrible from the midfield and I really didn't expect that from them. Utter shit.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Horrible first half, we are now in danger of being eliminated in the first leg of this tie if we don’t lift our game in the 2nd half.
Real Madrid have more goals in them against this mediocre backline. Defence and midfield have been rubbish.
Tie could've been over that first half. Probably should've been considering how bad we were. Fuckign hell.

Would like to say it can't get much worse but have a horrible feeling it will.

No intensity for a quarter final in the Champions League. Absolute madness from this side.