Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We couldve been up 2 0 or wolves up 2 0
Pretty ordinary game tbh. Easily could've been a draw at least. Just lacking that composure.

Was really disappointed with the midfield. Thiago. Fab. Gini. Losing the ball too often. Robbo needs a rest.

But it's a win and that's all week need atm.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Final thoughts ... not that anyone cares ;)

Kabak did well again. Have been impressed by him these last couple of games. Quite calm. Reading situations well. Working better with Phillips. They still got caught out a few times but ..

Thiago and Fab looked well off the pace, especially Thiago. Misplaced numerous balls. Strange as I thought the CL game was his best for us.

Trent did better defensively, but ... still needs to improve. Robbo though ... where's his crossing boots?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was that our first back to back wins for 2021?
I’m happy that we just got the 3 points. We had the better chances but our form is nowhere near what it was last season (and season before)

I was more impressed with Phillips , who made some timely clearances. Kabak is slow, he has improved from his earlier games with us but I don’t think he has the pace for the Premier league .

Thiago was poor.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was that our first back to back wins for 2021?
I’m happy that we just got the 3 points. We had the better chances but our form is nowhere near what it was last season (and season before)

I was more impressed with Phillips , who made some timely clearances. Kabak is slow, he has improved from his earlier games with us but I don’t think he has the pace for the Premier league .

Thiago was poor.
Surprised that you didn't see Kabak as being that good. Think he's improved a lot and that he's really showing some massive positives. Still some way to go for him to be signed on next year but thought he was very good actually. Tidy. Decent passing. In the air was good.

From memory there were a few times when he used his pace to recover well? Not sure how fast he is, but in the past he's turned slowly due to ball watching but think he's much better in that aspect?

Phillips is getting all the praise, which is fine as I think it takes the focus on Kabak. Both get caught out rushing in for headers but what's good is that they're now reading each other more and covering each other in those circumstances.

Thiago? Very poor. Placed us in a terrible situation a few times due to really bad passes. Looked gassed.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can we come back from the international break without any injuries or COVID. That's the BIG question!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Surprised that you didn't see Kabak as being that good. Think he's improved a lot and that he's really showing some massive positives. Still some way to go for him to be signed on next year but thought he was very good actually. Tidy. Decent passing. In the air was good.

From memory there were a few times when he used his pace to recover well? Not sure how fast he is, but in the past he's turned slowly due to ball watching but think he's much better in that aspect?

Phillips is getting all the praise, which is fine as I think it takes the focus on Kabak. Both get caught out rushing in for headers but what's good is that they're now reading each other more and covering each other in those circumstances.

Thiago? Very poor. Placed us in a terrible situation a few times due to really bad passes. Looked gassed.
I haven't watched the game but Kabak looks better each time I see him play...I expect us to retain him while also signing another CB.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven't watched the game but Kabak looks better each time I see him play...I expect us to retain him while also signing another CB.
He was good imo. Solid actually. Think a lot of his work goes unnoticed sa Phillips is more ... present? with his headers etc. But Kabak was pretty good. Will be interesting seeing him against better opposition though, and having Fabinho in front of him helps a lot. Though, it'd be even better having Hendo there too!

Honestly don't expect us to sign a centre back in the summer. Way things are going I expect to sign Kabak, and re-sign Phillips on a new deal. We won't be able to ship out Matip considering he's still injured, so we won't bring in anyone into CB imo?

Reckon we'll get an attacker or two. Don't expect any forwards to leave personally. And another midfielder or two depending on Gini & Milner.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I’m not saying he had a bad game, I just think Phillips was better . I’m not sold on Kabak , he may settle and improve but I just don’t see him having that alertness and sharp turn that is required for the Premier league. But he is young and playing in the best league in theory’s so he may settle and be a good signing. Time will tell.
Let’s not forget we have VVD and Gomez to come back also so it’s not a given that we will exercise the 18 million buy out clause.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not saying he had a bad game, I just think Phillips was better . I’m not sold on Kabak , he may settle and improve but I just don’t see him having that alertness and sharp turn that is required for the Premier league. But he is young and playing in the best league in theory’s so he may settle and be a good signing. Time will tell.
Let’s not forget we have VVD and Gomez to come back also so it’s not a given that we will exercise the 18 million buy out clause.
Agree to disagree on Kabak. I think he's steadily got much much better, and has a lot bigger potential than Phillips. Not saying that we'll 100% keep Kabak but if he continues on this path I personally think it's a no-brainer.

Looking at this sharpness. It's hard to say. Need to see him against some better teams as these last two games I don't think he was really against class forwards. No disrespect to the opposition obviously.

We'll see what happens to him but realistically we'll be looking to bring in a 3/4 choice starting CB? I don't think all of this talk of getting a CB has any substance personally. As you say, 3 1st teamer CBs coming back into the squad. We need another player, but we're not going to spend top top money on one. That's why I think Kabak, as long as he continues improving, is a no-brainer.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Salahs diving has become embarrassing, almost comical

Atleast Bruno just takes the penalty’s
Salah does the whole theatrical show.... dives , rolls , screams , takes the kick

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He was good imo. Solid actually. Think a lot of his work goes unnoticed sa Phillips is more ... present? with his headers etc. But Kabak was pretty good. Will be interesting seeing him against better opposition though, and having Fabinho in front of him helps a lot. Though, it'd be even better having Hendo there too!

Honestly don't expect us to sign a centre back in the summer. Way things are going I expect to sign Kabak, and re-sign Phillips on a new deal. We won't be able to ship out Matip considering he's still injured, so we won't bring in anyone into CB imo?

Reckon we'll get an attacker or two. Don't expect any forwards to leave personally. And another midfielder or two depending on Gini & Milner.
The Konate links are petty loud but he's always injured, I'm sure another few names will pop up.

Think Kabak is a certainty to stay...the biggest reason being that he's worth more than the 18m we will have to pay to keep him..he's young, talented and improving each game, Klopp will want to keep him.

Salah probably on the move so we will have some coin to spend..

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Kabak stays then Matip will go I think. That guy gets injured just by look at the other direction.
18 million for Kabak is a good price. But for me he needs to keep improving .
Salah can go.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Konate links are petty loud but he's always injured, I'm sure another few names will pop up.

Think Kabak is a certainty to stay...the biggest reason being that he's worth more than the 18m we will have to pay to keep him..he's young, talented and improving each game, Klopp will want to keep him.

Salah probably on the move so we will have some coin to spend..
Agree about Kabak. Unless his form goes off a cliff I can't see him not being re-signed. And then I just can't see us getting another CB.

Salah? Just don't know who can truly afford him? PSG? City? Spanish teams apparently not?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Kabak stays then Matip will go I think. That guy gets injured just by look at the other direction.
18 million for Kabak is a good price. But for me he needs to keep improving .
Salah can go.
Who'd buy Matip? Won't have played for 6+ months. Coming back from a serious injury. FSG will never let him go on the cheap.

VVD, Gomez. Matip Kabak. Phillips. Our 5 CBs for next year imo.

Salahs our best player atm. If we got good money for him then ok but struggle to think who'd be able to afford him