Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
but alex ferguson is about to have a massive acceleration and unfortunately klopp wont be able to keep up especially because its a tougher premier league to win now

and once again this doesnt prove that the klopp is anything special , mourinho has done this 3 times out of 3 in all his epl stints and needs the league cup title to make it 4 out of 4
Mourinio is better than Ferguson’s for the simple reason he has won league titles and Champions league with different teams in different leagues . Klopp is also better than Ferguson as you know , as is Ancellotti and Guardiola. We may as well not sugar coat things anymore .
Ferguson was one of a kind though in one department , no other coach has set up a club for his successors to fail so miserably. In that department Ferguson has no match .

Last edited:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah mate we ain’t showing anyone up at the moment
Honestly looked shit in the midfield today
Dogshit

I think it will be 6 points in the bag from an outsiders view for you lads
And a very well needed 6 points
Very tight ladt 3 spots in top 4 coming up

As city has booked 1
It’s not all that bad buddy...but but but Bruno scored his 10th penalty goal.:tearsofjoy:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
^^^^Lets hope so , and one day we can all tell our grandkids...” we had the pleasure of seeing the worlds greatest penalty that ever lived In action,”.... “the deadly Portuguese 10 yard king ” ..... “ Bruno Fernalty”

Bu But But Bruno Fernandes, the penalty myth super star and one of the reasons Sporting Lisbon will be winning the league title this season after so many trophy less years
Ah , can you see the irony ? :sweatsmile:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't stop thinking about Liverpool. Really can't.

What I'm trying to figure out is why Klopp hasn't changed anything when it comes to formation or tactics. We haven't been creating for some time, but it doesn't seem like he's being proactive about it.

On the one side, I can understand as he's scared about the defence so wants to keep the same 'stability' in front of them. Messing around with the midfield will only screw up the defence more which has been chopping and changing pretty much every EPL game now. So, I can kind of get that.

But surely during a game when we're not performing it calls for some change in tactics. He's made subtle ones, but .... I don't know. Have I missed something?

We played well with a diamond in midfield at one point but then didn't play it again. Personally I'd go ith 2 up front (Mane & Salah) and a player behind them (Thiago).

Then you can still have that midfield we've been having behind that with Thiago dropping deeper?

IDK. I can't wrap my head around any of this.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't stop thinking about Liverpool. Really can't.

What I'm trying to figure out is why Klopp hasn't changed anything when it comes to formation or tactics. We haven't been creating for some time, but it doesn't seem like he's being proactive about it.

On the one side, I can understand as he's scared about the defence so wants to keep the same 'stability' in front of them. Messing around with the midfield will only screw up the defence more which has been chopping and changing pretty much every EPL game now. So, I can kind of get that.

But surely during a game when we're not performing it calls for some change in tactics. He's made subtle ones, but .... I don't know. Have I missed something?

We played well with a diamond in midfield at one point but then didn't play it again. Personally I'd go ith 2 up front (Mane & Salah) and a player behind them (Thiago).

Then you can still have that midfield we've been having behind that with Thiago dropping deeper?

IDK. I can't wrap my head around any of this.
I not sure why klopp thought weakening a strength to strengthen a weakness was a good idea

If you leave the Henderson etc in mid and same front 3 ya prolly guna out score most opponents anyway even if your leaking goals form back up defenders
Coz in the end they prolly weeent guna do a worse job than Henderson and co anyway

At least that midfield controls the ball
Creates more chances and prolly out scores most
I think that was klopps worst decision
I never understood it

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klopp has to be fighting with the owners it's the only explanation. He did the same at Dortmund and stopped caring when the owners did not back him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How the fuck did U suss old mates name
Starting to creep me out lol
So I picked it correctly? Hmmm ... I'd be surprised if I'm right, but I've only ever met one **** as big as 'old mates' and that's Camlett.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I not sure why klopp thought weakening a strength to strengthen a weakness was a good idea

If you leave the Henderson etc in mid and same front 3 ya prolly guna out score most opponents anyway even if your leaking goals form back up defenders
Coz in the end they prolly weeent guna do a worse job than Henderson and co anyway

At least that midfield controls the ball
Creates more chances and prolly out scores most
I think that was klopps worst decision
I never understood it
Not sure who said it on here about playing both Hendo and Fab back in CM but ... looking back on it maybe he was right.

I think, by playing Hendo at least, he was trying to get a ball playing CB similar to VVD. Diagonal balls across the back. Dinks over the top. Also, having someone with leadership back there that could rally the CB who were/are quite inexperienced. I can understand it, but I'm not sure if I agree with it. Thought Phillips has done nothing but play well when he's been called upon, so putting Hendo there ... Don't know really.

Now? OK. Fab is back so I guess he'll go back to CB as that second half we didn't look incredible and I think we need some experience back there. But surely he has to mix things up.

Hate to say it but you've been right on a few things with Klopp. He's got some stuff wrong this year. Makes him human. But as you say, that midfield now is all over the place. Injuries have fucked it without a doubt but still ...

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure who said it on here about playing both Hendo and Fab back in CM but ... looking back on it maybe he was right.

I think, by playing Hendo at least, he was trying to get a ball playing CB similar to VVD. Diagonal balls across the back. Dinks over the top. Also, having someone with leadership back there that could rally the CB who were/are quite inexperienced. I can understand it, but I'm not sure if I agree with it. Thought Phillips has done nothing but play well when he's been called upon, so putting Hendo there ... Don't know really.

Now? OK. Fab is back so I guess he'll go back to CB as that second half we didn't look incredible and I think we need some experience back there. But surely he has to mix things up.

Hate to say it but you've been right on a few things with Klopp. He's got some stuff wrong this year. Makes him human. But as you say, that midfield now is all over the place. Injuries have fucked it without a doubt but still ...
He will live and learn
I just couldn’t understand weakening one position to strengthen another
Any way I think you blokes will bounce back next week
Another good rest and go again

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hendo out for season it seems.

We get top 4 it'd be an absolute massive achievement.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Alissons father has gone missing after diving in a dam....terrible news. Thoughts with him and his family.