Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree. Midfield has below standard including Thiago . Gini has been hot and cold too. But when your 2 better midfielders in Fabinho and Henderson are forced to play as centre backs your midfield is going to suffer.
It’s a collective team effort, but we still should be winning games that we have lost.
what do we do with Kabak? Stick with him and hope he settles or bring in Davies. He looks slow to me , too slow for the PL
Kabak isn't that slow, he just reacts slow and gets caught our of position at time, these things can easily be improved.

There's simply no excuse for tonight, our front 3 are simply not delivering. The system is setup for them to score the goals, Mane and Salah in particular...the chances were there and they didn't deliver. Some of Bobbys efforts on goal tonight we're embarrassing. These ***** are meant to be up their with the best in the world and they seem incapable of making quick decisions, beating a man one on one or creating some space to get a shot away.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So where’s the money go when mbappe not coming?
You blokes haven’t even paid for Thiago or jota yet
How do you think they will afford mbappe transfer fee then his weekly wage lol

And won’t even say a word about liverpools form etc.....
Never was coming here. People are mad to think that was ever a possibility, even if we were flying in the league ... which clearly we're not.

We'll get a player like Sarr imo.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kabak isn't that slow, he just reacts slow and gets caught our of position at time, these things can easily be improved.

There's simply no excuse for tonight, our front 3 are simply not delivering. The system is setup for them to score the goals, Mane and Salah in particular...the chances were there and they didn't deliver. Some of Bobbys efforts on goal tonight we're embarrassing. These ***** are meant to be up their with the best in the world and they seem incapable of making quick decisions, beating a man one on one or creating some space to get a shot away.
Have to agree with this. Kabak got caught out positionally a few times, and was rash coming in but ... he's a 20 year old in a new league playing with a CM as his partner, then the 6th choice CB, and a midfield missing two of its most important players. He needs time and should be given it.

Bobby's left foot shot into the stands ... Wow.

It wasn't just the finishing though. It was the lack of speed, quick passing, urgency. So devoid of confidence we kept holding onto the ball a few seconds too long, or push a pass too soon and too hard.

I really don't know where to go from here. Yes. Jota & Keita will make a difference, but Hendo will now be another long-term injury so we'll be missing one of the most important pieces in this side.

Hard times. We'll bounce back but ... said previously. If we keep getting injuries we're fucked. One match after saying that we lose Hendo to a long-term injury. We're in big truoble

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Truth be told though. Who pushes this team forward now? It looks like we can't be arsed sometimes. It really does. But now without Hendo? Who's going to stand up and push us forward? They've all talked about it but ... 4 losses on the trot at Anfield and for large parts of those games we've looked disinterested.

Unlucky in parts? Maybe. But put simply, we haven't been good enough. We need to stop making excuses with injuries. We had a team more than good enough to win all 4 of those games. We had enough chances today to win that game. But we didn't.

The players need to step up but .. if they haven't already I don't know if they can. I really don't.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klopp & Liverpool are having a meltdown, didn't get enough reinforcements in the summer and now the players are run into the ground.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The cycle is over a lot of these players are done but also Klopp was able to make a lot of very average players like Ox look amazing.

If Klopp doesn't get backed properly he should walk away and expose the dud owners.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I’d give Davies a run.
If we bought Kabak as a work in progress then we are fucked. We simply don’t have the time to wait for him to come good. He’s made positional errors in every game he has played.
You may be right that his reaction is slow and would have to see more of him but to me he looks like he struggles to keep up with strikers.

I think I posted elsewhere, I wouldn’t mind offloading Salah, cashing in and getting someone else.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Liverpool FC 2020/21. It’s a testament to the club we have built when you consider the following.

Start the season as champions .
Our roster has been tested due to injury from start of season until today .
numerous players have missed matches due to injury or COVID isolation .

Here you Mourinio you tool......,
Virgil , Gomez , Matip , Alison , Keita, Jota , Thiago, Ox , Milner , Trent , Henderson , Mane ( COVID) , Salah ( COVID and injury) , Shaqiri , Tsimikas. Most of these players have been out for an extended period, not 1 or 2 matches.

No problem though for this club, kids like Curtis Jones , Neco Williams and Rhys Williams ( Liverpool academy players ) have stepped up and done the job.

Injuries may have hurt us but VAR has hurt us more stealing 4 points from us.
Take Spurs goal today which looked offside, if we had scored it I’m certain VAR would have zoomed in so much and drawn 4 or 5 lines and found us to be offside by 5 millimeters.

Many had written us off with all the sets backs but we are top of the table.
YNWA
the people who wrote you off were correct, i was reading back the december stuff of this thread for a laugh and it didnt disappoint, people even brought up the F word, that Klopp is on track to be better than Ferguson

looking at the epl table Brendan Rogers is ahead, Ole is ahead, Chelsea sacked their club icon manager and are 3pts clear, David Moyes at West Ham is ahead, Everton has a world class manager and have a game in hand so they could also get ahead, Aston Villa and Dean Smith 3 games in hand, Mourinho 2 games in hand

dont get me wrong, klopp is slightly above average, ill say he is in the category of Sven Goren Eriksson

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the people who wrote you off were correct, i was reading back the december stuff of this thread for a laugh and it didnt disappoint, people even brought up the F word, that Klopp is on track to be better than Ferguson

looking at the epl table Brendan Rogers is ahead, Ole is ahead, Chelsea sacked their club icon manager and are 3pts clear, David Moyes at West Ham is ahead, Everton has a world class manager and have a game in hand so they could also get ahead, Aston Villa and Dean Smith 3 games in hand, Mourinho 2 games in hand

dont get me wrong, klopp is slightly above average, ill say he is in the category of Sven Goren Eriksson
The f word
Got a bit carried away the lads, but atleast they believed it themselves
God bless them

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not all is lost lads
Got last place and 3rd last in the next 2 games to get going
Then a fairly good trot home to secure top 4
No fa cup
No efl cup
So no tired players as your still in champs league so only 2 comps to worry about
Should trot the top 4 in easy with the rest you blokes get!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The season hasn’t ended yet . Don’t celebrate too early cause it may bite you .
Man Utd fans celebrated winning the PL in December and we all saw how that’s panned out for them.
Just be patient I say and wait around May and we will see where we are .

Last edited:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The f word
Got a bit carried away the lads, but atleast they believed it themselves
God bless them
Do we have to keep repeating it, Klopp has surpassed what Ferguson achieved in the ir first 5 year tenure at their respective clubs.
You guys need to accept this and move on. Klopp won’t stays for another 25 years to create a “legacy” like Ferguson did.
What he will do though is surpass Ferguson’s achievements , and when the calculators come out to add up how many trophies he won in the years he was at our club, he will be the clear winner.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Blah. Trying to get my head around this.

We've had plenty of chances to score. But haven't. Not good enough.

Even though it's clear that the front 3 are badly out of form, I'd go as far to say that the midfield and wide backs are the issue. Trent and Robbo were assisting for fun when in form, haven't gone close to that form for a while. Trent's been on and off the last few games, Robbo just off.

Midfield wasn't protecting the back 4. Their first goal, although Kabak was largely at fault, Everton's midfield had too much time and space to play with it there. We had a few opportunities to control the ball but Thiago's header went to no one.

Then you look attacking wide and the midfield look simply scared to take risks. Said it previously about Jones against City. Has chances to push that last pass but shits himself and hits it back. Will Keita coming back make a difference? Yes, but now we've lost Hendo for a while I'd say.

Jota, Keita, Fab coming in. Will that help? Yes. But ... it's hard seeing where these changes will come from. Ideally Klopp would drop a few players. Make a point. But who'd come in?

It's a fucking mystery why we let Taki go. It's fucking nuts. Makes absolutely no sense at all. None.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Taki was let go to be sold and the more he scores the higher his transfer fee will be.

And I will say it again, we not be playing to the highest standard of last season but most games we have lost were winnable with the chances we created and missed.

Im expecting some roster change for next season . Klopp will have no alternative but to freshen up the squad . The question is whether the owners will back him and spend or we will look to sign players on the cheap.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The season hasn’t ended yet . Don’t celebrate too early cause it may bite you .
Man Utd fans celebrated winning the PL in December and we all saw how that’s panned out for them.
Just be patient I say and wait around May and we will see where we are .
December lol we were bout 4th then
You blokes were 8 clear and rolling,

We all know who was celebrating in December

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do we have to keep repeating it, Klopp has surpassed what Ferguson achieved in the ir first 5 year tenure at their respective clubs.
You guys need to accept this and move on. Klopp won’t stays for another 25 years to create a “legacy” like Ferguson did.
What he will do though is surpass Ferguson’s achievements , and when the calculators come out to add up how many trophies he won in the years he was at our club, he will be the clear winner.
Keep playing like this your right
He won’t stay for 25 coz he will get sacked

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
This is an unusual way to look at things, my theory is you are trying to get to a result that puts Klopp over sir Alex and the only way to do that is by only counting the first part

Anybody can match and beat him if you count only that period, like Claudio Ranieri etc

Btw Kloop is on pace to match the success of sir Alex, he just needs to get himself healthy and stay in the game until he is about 115 years old