Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klopp needs to walk away from these owners who are an absolute joke. The man has won them the biggest trophies and they can't help him refresh the squad.
We did sign Jota, Thiago and the Greek dude during the summer to refresh the squad. So not sure what you're on about there.

We were reluctant to spend big money on a 4th CB and preferred to wait to get right player. This backfired. Massively. But no one could've predicted that we'd lose all three of our CBs for the season and also our 4th choice for parts of it

The criticism I have is that we were too slow in getting a CB in this window. Should've had something lined up as soon as it opened. So in that sense I do criticise FSG.

But it's just one window. The other windows it's hard to find fault

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One thing we’ve failed to mention is apart from the massive injury toll, some players form has dipped too too which has cost us.
Trent went through a period, Bobby isn’t scoring as much , Salah is scoring but missing even more chances which could close out matches early, ox has fizzled out this season, and Alison has been terrible with his decision making playing the ball with his feet the last 2 games.
The only shining light has been the development of Curtis Jones.
Top 4 is still a realistic target and I think we will finish there.
The CL is also a possibility because all the other teams are very beatable with the exception of Bayern who seem to be flying.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One thing we’ve failed to mention is apart from the massive injury toll, some players form has dipped too too which has cost us.
Trent went through a period, Bobby isn’t scoring as much , Salah is scoring but missing even more chances which could close out matches early, ox has fizzled out this season, and Alison has been terrible with his decision making playing the ball with his feet the last 2 games.
The only shining light has been the development of Curtis Jones.
Top 4 is still a realistic target and I think we will finish there.
The CL is also a possibility because all the other teams are very beatable with the exception of Bayern who seem to be flying.
Big call on the CL mate. I just don't think we've got the momentum or form to pull that off, tho will never rule it out.

You're right about top players losing form. Its natural for this to happen but so many at once? Massive confidence issues in the club with the 'big game' players simply not stepping up.

You mentioned Allison, who's clearly in a dip of form, but I'd point more to players like Mane, Thiago, Robbo, and Trent as the first teamers who've really let us down. That being said I think Trent is getting himself back into form of late.

Perhaps the bigger issue is that the fringe players, apart from Jones, really haven't stepped up. Ox. Shaq. Origi. Neco. They've let themselves down but ....

Players like Nat Phillips and Taki who actually played well when called upon weren't played. I simply don't get that. Klopp continually pushes Ox to come on even tho he's so terrible when he does, but didn't give Taki a sniff even tho he played well. Strange

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
CL is a different comp. Different temp how team come at you . I think we have most teams covered. I forgot to add Man city in the mix along with Bayern. The rest though I’m not scared of any team.
im not saying we will win, we are way off right now but if we can somehow get some players fit and find some form we are good value as a dark horse.
As I mentioned in another post, I’m not convinced on Kabak, I know it was his first game and happy to give him the benefit of the doubt but there was something in his game I didn’t like . He will need time to adjust to the pace of the PL but he looked on the slow side to me .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Makes me laugh that the excuses are now rolling out from United.

Harry Maguire: “It seems like the decisions at the moment are going against us.”

If only he were a Liverpool player saying that, right? I mean ... only Liverpool players and the manager make excuses after shit performances, right?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CL is a different comp. Different temp how team come at you . I think we have most teams covered. I forgot to add Man city in the mix along with Bayern. The rest though I’m not scared of any team.
im not saying we will win, we are way off right now but if we can somehow get some players fit and find some form we are good value as a dark horse.
As I mentioned in another post, I’m not convinced on Kabak, I know it was his first game and happy to give him the benefit of the doubt but there was something in his game I didn’t like . He will need time to adjust to the pace of the PL but he looked on the slow side to me .
Yes. This is true. we'll see on Tuesday. A lot depends on whether we can get players back quickly, and they stay fit.

If Jota, Keita come back and stay fit. If our CBs can stay together for 10+ games.

If ... then who knows?

But, let's be honest here. We all know we're going to be hit with multiple more injuries. I mean, fuck, we're halfway through the season and we've been fucked by injuries already.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As for Kabak. It was one game.

I know he didn't look great but ... we need to give him an extended time there. Hopefully with Fab back soon .. ish.

Until then, he'll be partnered by Hendo which isn't great :(

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Liverpool 6th and klopps big teeth haven't made an appearance for weeks, I'm satisfied with this outcome

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't watch the game tomorrow, never been happier to miss a match :tearsofjoy:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Keita back in full training. Should we do a pool on how many games he'll last till he's injured again?

The reality is that we're only halfway through the season. There's absolutely no doubt that this club has enough class in it to be playing a lot better. A LOT.

If we're able to somehow stay relatively injury free till the end of the season then who knows what's possible. The key is getting Hendo back to midfield.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Alisson, Trent Kabak Henderson Robertson, Wijnaldum Thiago Jones, Salah Firmino Mane

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Excellent football actually. PLaying quite well but, as always, lacking that killer instinct. And it's something that we keep saying about this team, but they need to start taking advantage of being on top as ... the fear is that we'll concede one and crumble.

Been very impressed by Thiago actually. So far defensively he's been spot on and made a good number of interceptions. Really nice. Midfield has been pretty good actually, though Jones has turned the wrong way a few times.

Salah is Salah. Could've and probably should've put Mane in rather than shooting himself but ... that's Salah.

Kabak has been ... OK? If they get a goal, and I think that's a good possibility, it'll be through him I think. Just looks a little off the pace but understandable.

45 to go though and we all know how Liverpool have been performing this year. Fuck knows what will happen. Our Bench is a concern though. Who can we bring on to change the game ... :(

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bobby though ... he's gotta hit the target. We've had our chances, that's without a doubt.

The pressing actually has been pretty good, especially in comparison to previous games. Means jack if we don't pick it up this second half though.