Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Klopp makes the sub with with Ox and the team falls apart. We were cruising all game and then 3 goals in 6 minutes. Kabak looks average . Involved in all 3 Leicester goals even though the 2nd one Alison is to blame. Send him back to Schalke so he can be relegated.
We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Unbelievable .

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Since Christmas it has been a nightmare. 10 games, 2 wins and 6 draws. Apart from Spurs (where we won) we’ve had over 62% possession (some games over 70%). Spurs we had 50%. We don’t need so much possession if teams just wait for our mistakes and counter (and our defensive mistakes). Not having any centre backs has killed us. To be fair, it would have killed anyone. But, how many teams can you think of that has gone most of the season without their starting defenders?

These injuries are a one off. Next season we’ll bounce straight back

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Since Christmas it has been a nightmare. 10 games, 2 wins and 6 draws. Apart from Spurs (where we won) we’ve had over 62% possession (some games over 70%). Spurs we had 50%. We don’t need so much possession if teams just wait for our mistakes and counter (and our defensive mistakes). Not having any centre backs has killed us. To be fair, it would have killed anyone. But, how many teams can you think of that has gone most of the season without their starting defenders?

These injuries are a one off. Next season we’ll bounce straight back
Since Covid...we've struggled without crowds and then a the other shit that came after that. We're finishing mid table at this rate with our confidence smashed, I'm almost ready to write us off for next season also unless we find some form this year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just rewatched the lead up to the 2nd goal, literally the most blatant push in the back you will see, I don't know how you don't a a foul on that?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Damn. Didn't see the second half but thank fuck!

Sounds like Allison was at work again.

Gotta play Hendo in midfield FFS.

The first half was OK. I thought we did relatively well actually but lacked the killer instinct.

Thiago looked pretty ... below par from what I saw. Will have to watch the 2nd half to say anything of note really

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Madness though that we lost 2 more CBs before the game, a striker and another midfielder in the first 15. NO excuses but that's fucking mental

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just watched the 2nd half ...

Well. Gotta be honest and call out Thiago here. His tackle on the edge of the box for their 1st ... fucking stupid. He's been doing these challenges for a while now and hasn't seemed to have learnt. Just stupid. Overall his play has been well below par and I think we all have expected a lot more from him. Yes. He hasn't been in a settled midfield so that's gotta be a factor, but the guy is world class so ...

Allison? WTF? Though there is some fault with Kabak as he should've known Allison would be coming for that.

Not good

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klopp makes the sub with with Ox and the team falls apart. We were cruising all game and then 3 goals in 6 minutes. Kabak looks average . Involved in all 3 Leicester goals even though the 2nd one Alison is to blame. Send him back to Schalke so he can be relegated.
We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Unbelievable .
Agree about the OX sub. Not sure why he'd take Jones off personally. I would've put Shaq on instead. Think Klopp has got a lot wrong in regard to the team management side of things.

Personally, having Hendo in the middle of the park is essential when we're down on luck. He's there running his arse off, leading from the front. He can't do that from CB. Gotta start playing him in CM FFS.

I'm not going to slag off Kabak after one game. We'll see how he goes. First time he'd played CB in our team. Midfield in front of him was all over the shop and unsettled. He had a CM next to him at CB. We need to give him a bit of time imo.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m not even guna say a word
Is beyond heckling now, lost the plot

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Man, I had the scariest nightmare last night..

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just rewatched the lead up to the 2nd goal, literally the most blatant push in the back you will see, I don't know how you don't a a foul on that?
We won't get any help from refs this year. All 50/50 calls going against us (in contrast to the last 2 seasons). Think it comes down to us agitating for the Euro Super League. Incredible and constant bad luck with injuries also this year.

We'll be back next year if our key players stay healthy and more importantly we keep them. CL is a must.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klopp needs to walk away from these owners who are an absolute joke. The man has won them the biggest trophies and they can't help him refresh the squad.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Klopp needs to walk away from these owners who are an absolute joke. The man has won them the biggest trophies and they can't help him refresh the squad.
People need to get off FSG's back. One of the highest wage bills in the world, the highest valued squad in the world, constant investment in facilities, etc.

The system in place clearly works, what went wrong is half the squad being injured, Covid impacting the transfer market and Klopp potentially being too loyal to certain players and failing to move them on or give minutes to other players in the squad.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People need to get off FSG's back. One of the highest wage bills in the world, the highest valued squad in the world, constant investment in facilities, etc.

The system in place clearly works, what went wrong is half the squad being injured, Covid impacting the transfer market and Klopp potentially being too loyal to certain players and failing to move them on or give minutes to other players in the squad.
Keep enjoying the FSG mediocrity soon to be 8th place