Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Taki to Southampton? WOuld be good for him and us in all honesty. Hope he gets gametime there and beats City!
Well he's not playing for us so might as well play for someone else..Origi, Shaqiri, Jota, Ox and Jones seem to be ahead of him in the frontline now lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well he's not playing for us so might as well play for someone else..Origi, Shaqiri, Jota, Ox and Jones seem to be ahead of him in the frontline now lol
Strange one. Something must've been up behind the scenes. Bit like Sahko perhaps? Always seemed like a player with his head screwed on but ... Really had massive hopes for him. Can't get them all right I guess?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Strange one. Something must've been up behind the scenes. Bit like Sahko perhaps? Always seemed like a player with his head screwed on but ... Really had massive hopes for him. Can't get them all right I guess?
Who knows, he doesn't come across like someone that would have any issues. Maybe he is just struggling with the physicality of the league.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Matip OUT for the remainder of the season..should've bought a 3rd :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Btw when is Jota due back? A couple more weeks? Hopefully Shaqiri can stay fit otherwise depth may be an issue in the frontline later on. Will be interesting to see if we continue to play with a diamond more frequently.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ben Davies is Matips replacement.
I think Ben Davies will get first shot at playing. From what I’ve been reading Kabak has not been a standout at relation bound Schalke.
Time to offload Matip too, he’s always injured.
Taki obviously hasn’t settled . The loan is a good thing, it will give him an opportunity to get game time and also window shop him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ben Davies is Matips replacement.
I think Ben Davies will get first shot at playing. From what I’ve been reading Kabak has not been a standout at relation bound Schalke.
Time to offload Matip too, he’s always injured.
Taki obviously hasn’t settled . The loan is a good thing, it will give him an opportunity to get game time and also window shop him.
Kabak killed it last season and is only 20, if he shows some of that form with us then he will end up an absolute steal for £18. Schalke is totally fucked as a whole so I wouldn't be looking too much into his performances this season. Davies will get a few extra sessions in at the club before Kabak joins us, I guess he likely will start ahead of him but it depends on when Fabinho is back I guess. Don't expect either to play until after the City game..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mental this. Absolutely mental.

Our three starting CBs all ruled out for the season. Fucking nuts.

Anyway who says that it's no big deal, or other clubs have suffered such injuries is delusional. It's fucking mental.

What's even more mental is the fact we're still up around the top! How the fuck is that possible when we've had so so many players out to long-term injuries?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Btw when is Jota due back? A couple more weeks? Hopefully Shaqiri can stay fit otherwise depth may be an issue in the frontline later on. Will be interesting to see if we continue to play with a diamond more frequently.
No idea about Jota. Also Mane? When's he back?

Yes. Maybe the diamond is the way forward?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kabak killed it last season and is only 20, if he shows some of that form with us then he will end up an absolute steal for £18. Schalke is totally fucked as a whole so I wouldn't be looking too much into his performances this season. Davies will get a few extra sessions in at the club before Kabak joins us, I guess he likely will start ahead of him but it depends on when Fabinho is back I guess. Don't expect either to play until after the City game..
Last year Kabak was one of the top CBs in Germany. Remember countless stories about him, and clearly we've been looking into bringing him over for some time. But the price of 35m+ for a 4th starting CB ... the club were never going to pay that. Fast forward only 6 months & we get a 1.5m trial period, and then option to buy at half of what we were goign to have to pay 6 months earlier. Fantastic deal.

Will he succeed? Idk personally. I haven't watched enough of him to say. But, he's got talent that's for sure. Don't let his team's form fool anyone. We bought Gini & Robbo from relegated teams, didn't we?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything on Jota or Mane?

Imagine neither are playing tonight of course, but against City? Hopefully Mane is fit but fuck knows what's going on with him

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
EPL is such a farce this season. Absolute joke of a league way worse than the NRL, the only reason I watch it is because of Liverpool

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
EPL is such a farce this season. Absolute joke of a league way worse than the NRL, the only reason I watch it is because of Liverpool
Just so so many bad decisions from the ref to all teams. Every fan could say that their team has been fucked over by VAR. Whether it be stupid handball rules, offsides, non-offsides, non-sending offs whatever. It's just bullshit.

Personally, just fucking bin it and accept that humans make mistakes sometimes. The Martial penalty, without VAR, is just part of the game. But with VAR there's no excuse for it to be given like countless other bad decisions.

That one with City still sticks in my mind. The offside ... where they changed the rules the very next week

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol. Didn't take long for the lurking United fans :laughing:

Not about United btw. The state of VAR is so so bad. How they didn't pick that up is beyond me ... Just bin the thing as so many bad decisions are being made. It's crazy.
You could've picked united game against Sheffield united where VAR didn't review two goal moments

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You could've picked united game against Sheffield united where VAR didn't review two goal moments
You're right. Could've picked a shitload of games. An earlier game also with United when I think you were done unfairly. Can't remember though? Think Maguire was involved.

Every team can claim VAR isn't working. I think it's an absolute sham and destroying the game.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You're right. Could've picked a shitload of games. An earlier game also with United when I think you were done unfairly. Can't remember though? Think Maguire was involved.

Every team can claim VAR isn't working. I think it's an absolute sham and destroying the game.
I think the worse thing about this Martial incident was that he not only gave the penalty but sent Bednarek off? Madness.

The EPL brings in the best players from around the world, it's about time they bring in the best refs from around the world. Just so many terrible decisions.